Foreign Outside USA, Incorporated, now what? (taxes and income)


Can someone describe me how I should pay taxes being foreign, any basic guide?
If I can't perceive any salary, how do I make money as a shareholder (not american)?

More details: I'm in Mexico. Well, not yet incorporated, but incorporation is too easy to do online, that is almost a fact.

It would be located in Nevada.


Incorporation Foreign Tax

asked Mar 21 '12 at 00:25
48 points
  • You need some more details like what country are you in? Where is the company incorporated? Where is it located? – Karlson 9 years ago

1 Answer


If you are a foreigner and receive income in the US you will receive the form 1099 very likely either 1099-DIV or 1099-MISC. Once received you being a foreign citizen you will need to file Form 1042 to the IRS and you will need to file something similar to the Mexican Tax Authority reporting income you received abroad and based on the double taxation treaty you will receive credit for taxes paid to the US if any in Mexico.

There may be some tax implications under NAFTA but I am yet to locate relevant info.

answered Mar 21 '12 at 05:43
1,779 points

Your Answer

  • Bold
  • Italic
  • • Bullets
  • 1. Numbers
  • Quote
Not the answer you're looking for? Ask your own question or browse other questions in these topics:

Incorporation Foreign Tax