Advisors Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.54K Views
How to find the right advisors?

As our product development goes along, we are looking for more advisors to form an advisory board - we need well considered input from people who have already proven themselves in the tech / IoT...

asked Jun 28 '15 at 12:01
Blank
Alexander Hill
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
4.12K Views
How to find mentors and advisors for your startup?

How do you get advisors for your new startup if your personal network is limited?Do you just contact people for a meeting to get advice and then just ask them to become an advisor? What's the...

asked Feb 15 '14 at 13:41
Blank
User30135
11 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
5.1K Views
How can a very early stage startup remunerate an advisor?

Here is the specific question: I am a co-founder of a very early stage technology start-up. We have a good early level feedback on the nearly finished prototype(with a lot of features that we have...

asked Sep 14 '13 at 00:17
Blank
User2530668
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.71K Views
Email to prospective advisor: good or bad?

I'm an informal advisor to a non-tech startup that is putting together a formal board of advisors. Could I please have some feedback on a suggested approach to luring another advisor, who I think...

asked Sep 23 '13 at 09:37
Blank
City Entrepreneur
42 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.97K Views
why does a potential advisor need to check conflict of interest?

I am starting a SaaS company which helps real estate companies manage their assets. I know a managing director in an investment bank doing business as broker to help the small real estate companies...

asked Jul 25 '13 at 14:16
Blank
Jhu
11 points

-2 Votes
1 Answers
1.92K Views
Unsolicited requests from prospective advisory board members

Have many startups received unsolicited requests from people to serve as advisory board members? Are those types of unsolicited requests usually accepted, as long as the person who wants to be an...

asked Jul 8 '13 at 09:07
Blank
User6492
1,747 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.04K Views
Can a management consultant work like a doctor works?

this may sound strange, but I had this tought recently. As you know, we visit doctors, they diagnose us and advice us how to get cured and in sometimes, the doc does the job. It may take hardly...

asked Jun 21 '13 at 04:21
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.83K Views
Informal advisory board: common?

I am making an angel investment into a startup, and as the industry is different from mine and as I'd like to get plugged into that industry, I told the startup founder what I could offer as an...

asked Jun 2 '13 at 04:36
Blank
User6492
1,747 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
Business Developer Role

I've got a fairly good business, producing a profit and revenues of half what I need to live. I'm an idea man and nurture lots of great ideas over time. I'm looking to have someone else run with...

asked Apr 19 '13 at 23:44
Blank
Ron
21 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.26K Views
What is a realistic amount of time given to a pre-seed,pre-product startup by advisor?

As many of you may know advisors can be key to a new startup, esp. with first time entrepreneurs.I wondered, how much time have your advisors say over the last month talked to you? My advisor (as...

asked Jan 30 '13 at 11:55
Blank
Code Talk
253 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.52K Views
How much equity should I give our first investor/legal advisor?

I'm currently starting up a mobile social networking application with zero funding. The app is currently in the mvp stage with a very thorough business plan, and my business partner and I are...

asked Feb 1 '13 at 04:29
Blank
User23813
13 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.69K Views
Issuing shares to advisor and dealing with fractional shares

We just incorporated and are now bringing on board an advisor. We want to give him %1. Our company consists of me and two co-founders, each with 1 million shares. Our total authorized shares are 5...

asked Jan 22 '13 at 12:50
Blank
Neon Blue Hair
66 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.78K Views
Product in Development what to do next?

My product is in development. By Feb 5th a beta should be released. For the mean time aside from getting traffic to prelaunch what else should I do ? I am the nontech founder. So Far I have...

asked Jan 28 '13 at 06:22
Blank
Ted
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.25K Views
"ABC Consulting" or "ABC Advisory"?

for a firm in the business industry, specifically in strategic management, finance, HR, is there a more suitable word between consulting and advisory? I mean, does "ABC Consulting" have a...

asked Jan 6 '13 at 06:42
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
How do you approach a potential advisor?

Recently I have began a new tech start up and right now of course it is my baby. So far video animation is complete describing what the product does. I bootstrap my kids ( businesses ). Usually I...

asked Jan 12 '13 at 13:38
Blank
User22504
6 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.39K Views
Considering hiring advisors/consultants for my startup website

How should they be paid; what is an average fee for a professional...non professional? I really don't know how much time or useful info they will provide so is giving them a percentage of...

asked Sep 12 '12 at 01:32
Blank
Jimmy
71 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.26K Views
What should I offer a startup advisor?

I've searching for advisors in NYC area.I have no idea what kind of deals are being offered to advisors. I need someone to help me to clear it up for me. I don't want to offer a deal that maybe...

asked Aug 4 '12 at 13:54
Blank
Zapoo
303 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.79K Views
How to negotiate for know-how or advice

in the past month I've been formulating a new startup idea in my head. It's not something technologically advanced that can't be made by me and my team but it belongs in the health industry and I...

asked Jun 19 '12 at 18:57
Blank
Thanos
103 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.74K Views
The Dream Team - What investors look for?

I know that the first thing investors look for is a good strong team. Until recently, I thought that just meant the founder and co-founders. However, I was just checking out angelist, and most of...

asked Jun 27 '12 at 04:51
Blank
Derek
164 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.81K Views
How Do You Keep Advisors (Both Formal and Informal) Informed/Engaged?

What are some methods that you use? There can be issues like time conflicts, not keeping them in the loop enough, and advice that comes like after you've already made mistakes. Is it hard to make...

asked Apr 17 '12 at 03:45
Blank
Steven
41 points