Advisors Questions

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.95K Views
What percentage to give advisors / VC matchmakers?

I've been approached by two startup heavyweights who offered to recommend me to VCs and angels for my startup (I'm the sole owner). They've asked me what percentage of equity I would offer them in...

asked Oct 19 '10 at 01:19
Blank
Sherif Buzz
462 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.98K Views
How to set Option Exercise Price?

I just incorporated a Delaware C Corp a few months ago and have no significant activity yet. I have 2 Advisors that I need to issue options to, and my question is how do I set the option exercise...

asked Sep 7 '10 at 08:47
Blank
Newyuppie
441 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.64K Views
How to approach potential advisors? (who are famous)

I have a couple of people I would just love to have as startup advisors, but not sure how to approach them. One in particular has greatly impacted my startup and gave tons of solid ideas on how to...

asked May 19 '10 at 21:22
Blank
Griftastic
127 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
3.42K Views
How have you best leveraged your "Board of Advisors" to help launch your start up?

Many of us have friends and people with whom we have worked in prior roles who have become advisors to our start up efforts - in both formal and informal fashions. What have you found has worked...

asked Apr 12 '10 at 21:55
Blank
Warren E. Hart
2,181 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.42K Views
Compensation for Advisers Board

When approaching knowledgeable people to become advisors for a startup should you offer compensation? Do advisors expect compensation other than recognition? If so, how would you approach this? If...

asked Dec 1 '09 at 21:14
Blank
Adam Webber
314 points

13 Votes
4 Answers
4.11K Views
What's the best way to put together a board of advisors or mentors?

I'd really like to assemble a Board of Advisors, but I'm not sure how to start. I've found that being kept accountable to someone or a group of people can really serve to meet business goals....

asked Oct 10 '09 at 07:18
Blank
Danpickett
263 points