Agreements Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.5K Views
Are vested shares the best way to go for a startup company to bring on new people?

We have a Hong Kong company and are trying to launch. We have limited funds but are thinking of hiring someone and paying in shares. However, we don't want to just sell shares and watch our new...

asked Jun 17 '14 at 09:16
Blank
User33966
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
20.6K Views
My partner and I, want to bring a CTO on board since we don't have technical background. We already started with our start-up and agreed with the CTO on equity basis, what contract to use?

My partner and I, want to bring a CTO on board since we don't have technical background. We already started with our start-up and agreed with the CTO on equity basis (no investment from his end),...

asked Aug 13 '17 at 14:25
Blank
Zeid A
1 point

2 Votes
3 Answers
4.01K Views
Bridge Loan from Relative with Verbal Agreement Only

To buy a capital investment and build inventory, a family member wrote a $3,000 personal check to my company. We verbally agreed on terms of 1 year at 10% interest with monthly payments. My...

asked Apr 13 '10 at 06:45
Blank
Clint
695 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.12K Views
Starting a business with a co-founder without a corporation?

Could you start a company with a co-founder, and have generic agreements in place, all without registering a corporation?We're bootstrapping our first startup and don't want to spend both money and...

asked Jun 18 '14 at 20:12
Blank
Marion Woodward
9 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
5.05K Views
My employee agreement doesn't allow me to work on side projects, how can I start a company?

Under my agreement with my current employer, they retain ownership of everything that I create, both at work and side projects (the legal wording is very lose on this, and I guess it's like that...

asked Jul 17 '14 at 18:29
Blank
Cristina Rath
12 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.16K Views
Should I stand firm to be CEO?

Between me and my 5 other co-founders, we are deciding who will hold the CEO position. It has come down to me and another founder. I was told from one of my other founders that they thought I...

asked Sep 19 '14 at 19:25
Blank
User34135
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.43K Views
Agreement template for software development between two partners

Monicka here, Am new to this site so don't know right format to ask question so please help this young entrepreneur. We are having a software service provider company. going to develop a software...

asked Nov 12 '13 at 21:49
Blank
Monicka Akilan
101 points

8 Votes
1 Answers
3.56K Views
Profit sharing in a startup: offered 20% of profit

I've been offered 20% of the profit of a new startup if I build the website (which is essential to the business). What types of things should I look for in the agreement that is to be drawn up?

asked Jun 7 '13 at 22:16
Blank
User1477388
143 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.88K Views
Consultant agreement - transactions as loans?

I've been given a paper to sign where it says: You will be paid equivalent when/if SomeCompany makes turnover. Eventually transactions between the parties must be seen as loans. What does that...

asked Jun 17 '13 at 05:45
Blank
User26655
1 point

11 Votes
2 Answers
3.69K Views
B2B SAAS business. Enterprise customers keep asking to accept their terms agreements

My business is a B2B SaaS business that I've been running for the last two years. It is self-provisioning, self-service, subscription-based service charged to customers credit cards. Monthly...

asked Mar 23 '13 at 06:53
Blank
Igorek
886 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.92K Views
Protecting oneself from a Technology Assignment Agreement

I am an independent developer (non-employee) who is coding a product for a startup. I have other sub-contracting agreements with other clients. The 'Technology Assignment Agreement' that the...

asked Feb 14 '13 at 01:13
Blank
User24004
8 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.74K Views
Is there a word for "don't dilute my shares faster than yours"?

I am entering discussions where the subject of me receiving equity in a company might be brought up. I would like to know if there is a common business term (manner-of-speaking term) for an...

asked Dec 16 '12 at 23:15
Blank
Roger
106 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
4.93K Views
How to handle partners asking to renegotiate old partnership agreements

In The beginning Around one year ago we build a software company, we needed to quit our jobs, get financing, a product, legal work, accounting work, clients and partnerships with providers. we...

asked Oct 31 '12 at 05:19
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Alternative to expensive legal contract review?

I have a partnership agreement I'd like a second opinion on, but I can't afford a lawyer right now. What other resources are out there? I've found a web-based contract review site that uses...

asked Oct 6 '12 at 04:13
Blank
Jim
4 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.34K Views
How to protect my idea?

I am sorry that if it is not the right place to ask this question. I want to sell my idea to a/ a few companies to improve their products. I want to ask them to hire me as this project engineer to...

asked Sep 24 '12 at 06:10
Blank
Marco
130 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
6.8K Views
Operating agreement that protects the company if two members divorce each other

I'm working on an operating agreement for a three member LLC in which two of the members are married. I'd like to include some language that stipulates that in the event the marriage is terminated...

asked Sep 26 '12 at 01:45
Blank
Robert
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.71K Views
Partner is leaving, is there any common legal agreement that will allow him to return?

We have a company that has three business partners (all of us are liable for whatever happens in the company). One of the partners is temporarily leaving the company as he can't fulfill his duties...

asked Aug 29 '12 at 18:37
Blank
Kraken
16 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
3.75K Views
Example of Agreement (template) with Company for doing stuff in spare time

According to related topic: If I'm working at a company, do they have intellectual property rights to the stuff I do in my spare time? (and related : Intellectual Property and Side-Projects in...

asked Aug 12 '12 at 19:24
Blank
Grzegorz Wierzowiecki
126 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.68K Views
What to do when partners have dropped out?

This is my situation. I had an idea and wanted to start developing it into a product. I brought in my first "partner" which is a guy I work with on a regular basis, I kicked some ideas around with...

asked Apr 26 '12 at 16:11
Blank
Binary X
208 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.79K Views
Is there anything special an underage founder/freelancer doing business with startups needs to be aware of?

Since I'm not a legal adult, is there anything special I need to watch out for in terms of startup culture? Technically, I can get out of any legal agreement (since they can't be binding until I'm...

asked Mar 25 '12 at 10:48
Blank
Jrg
247 points