Amazon Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
5.7K Views
Any good alternatives to Fulfillment by Amazon?

I want to use a third party service for storing and processing my inventory for an eCommerce site. The logistics of packing and shipping are just too much for me to bear.The problem is that the...

asked Jul 14 '14 at 21:59
Blank
Harold Paschal
7 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.46K Views
How to get initial good reviews on Amazon for your products?

I'm a third party seller on Amazon with my own unique products. As such, there are no reviews for my products when I launch them.What are some ways to get the first 10-15 positive reviews? I have a...

asked Aug 4 '14 at 21:56
Blank
Richard Hollis
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.69K Views
Amazon doesn't allow affiliates in California. Is a virtual address in another state a legal work-around?

Due to the "online tax" law that some states have created, Amazon has removed affiliates residing in those states from their affiliate program.Unfortunately, Amazon accounted for most of our...

asked Aug 6 '14 at 16:43
Blank
Johnnie Barrett
9 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.98K Views
Amazon Mechanical Turk alternative for international startups?

Amazon just decided to limit the companies requesting jobs on their MTurk platform to those in the United States.How can startups that are based abroad request jobs ("hits" in Amazon lingo)? Are...

asked Aug 25 '14 at 15:44
Blank
Marilyn Chitwood
22 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.81K Views
Why do PaaS services like Heroku exist that simply re-sell Amazon AWS?

Why are services like Heroku so popular when all they really do is set up AWS servers (which is fairly easy) and significantly markup the price? You could easily setup the servers yourself and pay...

asked May 27 '14 at 13:43
Blank
George Hughes
9 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.35K Views
What is Amazon's strategy for continued growth?

With the size and market share that Amazon already size, their growth rate is getting smaller and smaller.What could Amazon.com's potential strategy be to continue growing their empire?

asked Apr 19 '14 at 16:27
Blank
Anh Martin
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.45K Views
Why didn't / doesn't Amazon create a service like DropBox?

DropBox's entire business is using Amazon's S3 service to provide distributed storage. Wouldn't it be easy for Amazon to offer such a service directly?It seems like an obvious choice since DropBox,...

asked Apr 17 '14 at 18:30
Blank
Mark Bartley
2 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.76K Views
Way around Amazon and other merchant's policy to not work with NY based affiliate marketers due to sales tax law?

Until NY state came up with the internet sales tax law, affiliate marketing was the primary way I generated revenue from my site. Since Amazon and other companies started to stop working with NY...

asked Mar 11 '14 at 23:58
Blank
Joseph Hager
10 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.3K Views
Amazon EC2 or VPS or dedicated server or colocation? Which one to pick to start?

Which of the following should I go with for a new startup that is just getting off the ground? Amazon EC2 VPS provider like Digital Ocean or Heroku Dedicated server Colocate my own hardware My...

asked Feb 23 '14 at 15:02
Blank
Randy Monk
110 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.33K Views
Should startups be concerned that Amazon AWS is not profitable?

I've read many places that they don't make a profit from their AWS services and won't be anytime soon. How can they justify this to investors who own their stock? Even if their argument is that...

asked Feb 5 '14 at 17:09
Blank
Evelyn Bailey
16 points