Android Questions

2 Votes
3 Answers
6.82K Views
Which ecosystem to build an app for first: iOS or Android?

We are building an app that caters to the B2B crowd, and our initial research has shown that our audience is split evenly among the platforms.Both of us are non-technical co-founders so we will be...

asked Jun 27 '14 at 15:42
Blank
John Moe
14 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.69K Views
I'm publishing a game on both App store and Google Play. How do I attract users after launch?

What are some of the most important things I should be doing after pushing games live to attract users?How did Flappy Bird get it's traction? All I've read in articles is that the game was live for...

asked Mar 20 '14 at 19:57
Blank
Elizabeth Wilburn
25 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.37K Views
Should I focus on creating a perfect iOS app or two decent apps for both iOS and Android?

My startup is bootstrapped with limited resources. Is it better to just focus on the iOS ecosystem or would we be missing out on significant market share on Android by doing so?

asked Mar 6 '14 at 11:25
Blank
Bobbie Rice
50 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.84K Views
What recourse do you have if Apple or Google bans your popular app?

I have a fairly popular app on iOS and launching the Android version soon. I read news to today about a developer whose really popular app was banned by Google just because they allowed their users...

asked Feb 3 '14 at 13:32
Blank
Bryant Valdez
11 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.51K Views
Is purchasing in-app credits considered gambling?

Let's say I have an app called "Shake It" which allows users to sign up and compete against each other on "who can shake their phone the hardest". So a user would take their phone and shake it...

asked Aug 31 '13 at 03:22
Blank
Sbonkosky
23 points

-3 Votes
1 Answers
2.24K Views
How much equity is normal for a programming VC to take for developing a mobile app?

I'm in the process of developing a mobile app for a niche industry B to C. We have an established brand in 17 countries (hard goods)and significant credibility in our industry. It's not, but as an...

asked Feb 25 '13 at 23:17
Blank
Anonymous
1 point

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.36K Views
How should a press release be written?

I uploaded my brand new physics 2D game to the playstore a few days ago, and have had a substantial amount of downloads per day so far. I think it has great potential and people like that kind of...

asked Jan 8 '13 at 23:18
Blank
Florent Valdelievre
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2K Views
Would Android dot net/com/org domain extension violate trademark law?

I have read that android by itself is trademarked by Google but adding words to it such as "android lovers" is deemed legal. So my question is if you purchased a domain name with only the word...

asked Oct 25 '12 at 01:07
Blank
Marc
11 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.75K Views
Android Market - Give out coupon codes for bloggers?

I'm about to bring a 3$ app to the Android market. To get reviews and for promotion I'd like to give out coupon codes for a free download. Is there such a feature build in the Android market or...

asked Sep 22 '12 at 20:46
Blank
James
16 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.1K Views
using GREE mobile platform (aka openFeint)

I uploaded two days ago my new game to the Andorid platform. so far, I don't have many downloads. I introduced with GREE which is kind of social network for mobile gamers I think it's something...

asked Aug 9 '12 at 17:05
Blank
Socksocket
106 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
15.9K Views
Who handles sales tax on apps (android on google play, ios on appstore, android on amazon app store)?

Ok, I am a one person developer and I have an android app on the google app store I also have it published on the amazon app store. I plan on eventually publishing a version on the apple store as...

asked Aug 11 '12 at 05:11
Blank
S.A.Jay
20 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.7K Views
When are Legal Disclaimers (or EULA's) needed?

I have published an app to the android and amazon app stores and currently my app has a legal disclaimer (End Use License Agreement) as part of it that runs the first time the start up the app. But...

asked Aug 11 '12 at 06:59
Blank
S.A.Jay
20 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.4K Views
In app purchase or paid app

Currently, we are developing an android app, which is used to target stock market investor. May I know which way offer a better way, to monetize your app? In app purchase Paid app download

asked Jul 29 '12 at 04:53
Blank
Cheok Yan Cheng
119 points

8 Votes
4 Answers
3.1K Views
Developing an app, android or ios first?

These days most apps support both ios and android. But which one would be the best to get done first? What are the pros and cons of either way? We want to launch a closed beta and get as many users...

asked Jul 11 '12 at 09:29
Blank
Mugetsu
143 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.21K Views
Are Android users less likely than iPhone users to spend money on apps?

I've been told that Android users are less prone to download paid apps compared with iPhone/iOS users. Is this true? I haven't yet researched this matter or found any useful statistics but since...

asked Jul 4 '12 at 05:03
Blank
Torben Gundtofte Bruun
350 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.99K Views
mobile app name registration before release

I am currently in the middle of developing for mobile application and website.. Because my app/web are still in development period, I didn't register my mobile application in Google play or iPhone...

asked Jun 9 '12 at 09:47
Blank
User948950
8 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
Should I include ads in my new iPhone app?

I have been doing a lot of research and so far most of them say that charging for an app is not a good idea. But what about ads then? Should I include ads in my new iPhone app? Or should I go with...

asked Apr 26 '12 at 15:07
Blank
Jeet Robert
1 point

14 Votes
5 Answers
4.41K Views
Ways of promoting Android app

I created a few applications. One of them is very good and users like it. However, I can not increase the number of installations to more than 50 per day. It is very small. The program is unique,...

asked Mar 26 '12 at 14:20
Blank
Astraport
186 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.53K Views
How Can I Promote my Translator Android App?

I recently created an Android App. It translates thousands of frequently used words from each language. When I started learning Dutch with a friend of mine, he suggested it would be great to have...

asked Feb 26 '12 at 07:55
Blank
Balkrishna Rawool
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.76K Views
Obtaining a certificate for Android Application

As a potential start up that is releasing an Android application, I need to sign the application with a certificate. I'm wondering if I should use a self-signed certificate or should I use a...

asked Feb 1 '12 at 01:32
Blank
Hank
108 points