Android Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.7K Views
copyrights problem

I'm thinking to build an android and iPhone app, with short jokes, phrases from movies. The length of the jokes is 2-3 seconds maximum. I don't plan to make any money from this app(by advertising...

asked Dec 31 '11 at 01:50
Blank
Dole Doug
141 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
3.26K Views
Is it possible to find an iPhone App Developer that is willing to work for a portion of the potential revenue?

I own a small software development company that gets approached many times a day with the concept of being a partner in someone’s iPhone App idea. We provide the iPhone App Development services and...

asked Jan 1 '12 at 05:25
Blank
Brett Miller
66 points

8 Votes
1 Answers
2.41K Views
Are non-developers really having success using Do It Yourself (DIY) or Automated iPhone Development Tools?

I own a small software development company that gets approached regularly by non-technical users who tried unsuccessfully to build their idea into an iPhone app using free (or cheap) automated...

asked Jan 2 '12 at 20:08
Blank
Brett Miller
66 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.99K Views
Is Android and android the same trademark?

Is the uppercase implementation of Android the only thing that is trademark, like it is with Google or both, because android is in reference to a robot? If they did trademark both does that...

asked Dec 15 '11 at 04:22
Blank
Daryl
16 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.16K Views
Marketing tips for mobile applications

Looking for developers (companies) in the mobile applications area who can comment and hopefully give examples of the best marketing strategies for mobile applications. Please only comment if you...

asked Dec 4 '11 at 01:30
Blank
Hristian Kambourov
61 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.78K Views
Andorid app, on what horse should I bet

What are risk profile and profitability of development different Android application types? I would say there are three kind of applications: "Classical" application that does something useful...

asked Nov 25 '11 at 03:14
Blank
Paolo
123 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.97K Views
What are android sales numbers?

As part of making a business case I'm trying to gather data for Android phone sales (quantity and dollar value) by continent. I was initially hoping this would be something that Google could...

asked Nov 8 '11 at 10:35
Blank
Koobz
116 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.36K Views
Android market research

how can you get some insights on the android market? If you look at an app, is there any way to get an ideea of how much money that app generated for it's developer?

asked Oct 21 '11 at 00:14
Blank
Ryan
147 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
9.96K Views
Affiliate programs for promoting Android or iPhone apps?

Is there any way to set up an affiliate program to market android or iPhone apps? Where I can pay someone in a given market space (say "cooking for diabetics") for each app installed as a result of...

asked Jul 12 '11 at 00:44
Blank
Justin Alexander
111 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.54K Views
Android Market and SaaS. Is there problem?

I'm working on industry specific software. Basic idea is that I have big fat server somewhere, some web app. and mobile clients. Now I started to think about legal parts of this model. Reading...

asked Jun 24 '11 at 12:55
Blank
Katit
276 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.27K Views
Money Maker - Android/BlackBerry/Windows Phone?

As per the recent report published by Distimo, very few developers are actually making money (by selling apps) in Android store. The figures actually look quite depressing for android developers...

asked Jun 2 '11 at 15:46
Blank
Ali
179 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
2.92K Views
Preferred mobile platform for new app

We are getting into the dev of a mobile app for our startup. I have a preference in terms of which platform I want to start with, due to my current market demographics. However I also fall under...

asked Jun 2 '11 at 23:22
Blank
Sam
509 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.06K Views
Is LLC the best option?

We are planning to sell iPhone, iPad and Android apps in US Market. We have a company in India having 4 directors. I think we will have to open up a company in USA for this. Do you guys think,...

asked May 14 '11 at 14:11
Blank
Abhi
31 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.01K Views
what are the legal ramifications of an android app that uses third party music?

I was thinking of creating an Android game/app that plays a soundtrack from a movie, and prompts you to guess what movie it is from. My question is: what are the legal ramifications of an app like...

asked Apr 13 '11 at 01:38
Blank
Ephraim
121 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.23K Views
What companies will need products based on Android tablets, in-app payments, NFC?

I am looking to understand how to find companies which might be interested in my consulting / programming services. Of course I don't want to compete with existing small companies or freelancers....

asked Apr 5 '11 at 06:21
Blank
Greg Dan
108 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
8.36K Views
How does Rovio (Angry Birds) make money?

How does an iPhone developer like Rovio make any money with a free app

asked Mar 28 '11 at 09:47
Blank
Mike Walsh
745 points

12 Votes
4 Answers
7.16K Views
What is the typical revenue stream expected from Android advertising?

I know this is a broad question (and a sensitive one) but would be interested to know some stats. If using Google's AdMob service for your android app, can you provide an indication of realised...

asked Feb 17 '11 at 16:15
Blank
Giulio
163 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
12.3K Views
How much does one earn on average for showing an ad in an app on a smart phone?

I am considering entering the smart phone app market by creating an ad-supported app. Where I can find statistics showing the average income per ad impression? (not per click). Does anybody have...

asked Feb 7 '11 at 01:04
Blank
David
1,567 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
5.55K Views
Taxes for Android / iPhone developers?

I'm an Android developer, but this question is pretty much the same for an iPhone dev. I'm based in the USA, and I'm looking for any tips regarding taxes for app sales. Since apps sell in over...

asked Jan 7 '11 at 06:38
Blank
Hunterp
141 points

11 Votes
6 Answers
14.8K Views
What is a typical salary for a mobile developer?

I am trying to gauge the general salary to pay a mobile developer. In this case, the developers' skills would include a year or more of Android and iOS experience, with proven apps in the market...

asked Oct 1 '10 at 02:17
Blank
Sheehan Alam
194 points