Angel Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.24K Views
Funding for developing a mobile application

We are college students currently developing an iPad application and seek a small investment to complete the development before submitting to the app store. We have tried several avenues for asking...

asked Dec 5 '12 at 13:35
Blank
Grant Wilkinson
105 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.39K Views
I want to start angel investing with revenue I'm generating from my business: how do I find good startups to invest in?

I have a B2B application that is starting to generate a good amount of profit. Since I don't have any investors and reinvesting as much as I can already to grow my business, I want to start...

asked Jul 9 '14 at 14:56
Blank
Joy Joy
24 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.55K Views
Figuring out how much equity to give to angel investors for seed capital?

My startup is in the very early stages. We have a very raw prototype and haven't launched yet and so have no revenue either.Two angel investors are interested in putting $20,000 each in our startup...

asked May 30 '15 at 13:41
Blank
Darlene Vera
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.35K Views
What's the deal with being an accredited investor? Why does the SEC even have that designation?

I've read the arguments on the benefits for startups to pick accredited angel investors. But what's the deal about it from the SEC's standout? What did the SEC have to gain from even creating this...

asked Mar 20 '14 at 21:57
Blank
Julio Hearn
35 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
4.2K Views
Responding to investor's rejection emails?

How do you respond to rejection letters from investors? What some strategies to use it in your favor?Are there any stories of how successful startups used rejections from investors when they...

asked Mar 20 '14 at 12:55
Blank
Pablo Smeltzer
49 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.49K Views
Can you pay yourself a salary if you raise angel funding (not VC)?

Most founders seem to pay themselves a basic salary when they raise a round from VCs. Does it apply to angel funding too? What would you say is a fair salary to pay yourself if you have raised...

asked Feb 4 '14 at 20:07
Blank
User30035
16 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.54K Views
Few large investors or many small investors? Which is better?

Is trying hard to get many large VCs to invest in your company or using something like AngelList to get many smaller angel investors? What are the pros and cons of each approach?

asked Feb 4 '14 at 15:18
Blank
Rebena
17 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
Do Angels And VC Look Favourably On Prospective Investees Where Protected Equity Holdings Exist

as a means to enable investment of non fiscal resources across a wide range of disciplines into early stage enterprises we have devised a protected equity model that sees 'sweat equity investors'...

asked Nov 1 '13 at 00:33
Blank
Emile Emiabata
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.23K Views
Does an entrepreneur really need to rely on incubator for angel or venture funding?

Does an entrepreneur really need to rely on incubator for angel or venture funding? I feel if an entrepreneur is already confident of a business and has sound business plan, should be given angel...

asked Sep 8 '13 at 21:42
Blank
Prakash
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.94K Views
Low angel round cap hurt series A?

If you have a relative low cap on a convertible note angel round, will that hurt your chances of getting series A financing?

asked Jul 12 '13 at 09:06
Blank
Tom
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.25K Views
How to find Angel/Early stage pitch events

We are an early stage company with a working product. We would love to gain some seed funding to help us market the product. However, we seem to hear about pitch events either in the paper or past...

asked May 21 '13 at 08:20
Blank
User25771
5 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.98K Views
Common for angel investors to have put options for investment amounts?

I am considering an equity or convertible debt investment in a startup. As an angel investor, would it be out of line to ask to be given a put option? If the company raises at least $X from other...

asked May 27 '13 at 11:07
Blank
User6492
1,747 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.05K Views
Term sheet condition states we have to use the investor's law firm

Our company has just received a term sheet for a convertible debt investment. One of the clauses states that we have to pay the fees for drafting the agreements (which I understand is normal), but...

asked Apr 25 '13 at 07:20
Blank
Phil
114 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
4.32K Views
Non-dilutable options

I have an entity I've been working on for roughly 4 years, the last being a real push to get it out the door. A student recently joined me and got us into a student business plan competition and we...

asked May 2 '13 at 22:47
Blank
User26081
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.27K Views
How improbable is it that a founder with student loan debt will grab seed funding?

I noticed that student loan debt is almost never mentioned in articles discussing the acquisition of angel funding and funding from VC's. I have a hard time believing that investors will invest in...

asked May 14 '13 at 07:19
Blank
Mr Spock
106 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Does having a controlling interest in a startup offer investors additional protection?

It reduces the risk for the entrepreneur but I also came across the complementary view that it might offer the angel/VC an added level of protection. How does that work?

asked Apr 19 '13 at 01:10
Blank
Moonstar2001
186 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.22K Views
How do you decide between looking for investment or early adopters?

My MVP is ready to go (it's been 3 weeks actually). All this time I've been loosing sleep trying to decide if I should start looking for and organizing early adopters, or organizing a business plan...

asked Mar 27 '13 at 01:16
Blank
South
176 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.11K Views
Angel or VC wants to invest, what are main arguments to negotiate shares vs investment?

what are main arguments to negotiate shares vs investment? I want to be prepared when the time comes and I don't want to figure out in the moment about the negotiation about shares split and how...

asked Mar 30 '13 at 04:00
Blank
South
176 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
Starting a venture with zero capital of my own

Will i get seed capital / angel investment for my venture if the capital that i am putting myself is zero? I mean my venture has a fund requirement of INR 2 Cr for the next 2 years, after which it...

asked Mar 4 '13 at 06:42
Blank
User25293
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.86K Views
With the rampant invest-in-clone-markets system prominent in India, how does one pitch in for some fresh concept?

Angels and VCs in India seem to be living in a "third world" in terms of their risk appetite and appreciation of a new concept or idea. A major part of funding to startups in India goes to...

asked Jan 27 '13 at 07:31
Blank
Ikartik90
108 points