Angel Questions

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.8K Views
Product in Development what to do next?

My product is in development. By Feb 5th a beta should be released. For the mean time aside from getting traffic to prelaunch what else should I do ? I am the nontech founder. So Far I have...

asked Jan 28 '13 at 06:22
Blank
Ted
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
Board composition and dynamics after angel investment

I am the sole founder and owner of a limited company. I am considering to find an angel investor not only for financial reasons but also to have somebody experienced to give valuable input -...

asked Dec 6 '12 at 03:39
Blank
Dan
49 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.64K Views
Seed funding question

We are in our seed round and the investors are asking for preferred shares of the company and terms that they own a percentage of the code/software and a percentage of the patent rights. We are...

asked Nov 30 '12 at 14:46
Blank
Devin Shavenoff
8 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.09K Views
How to expose my startup to seed investors instead of cold calling them?

How can I expose my startup to seed and angel investors instead of cold calling them? Is there any way to get feedback from them? In Silicon Valley or other major startup scenes.

asked Dec 1 '12 at 09:46
Blank
John S
184 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
Should I give an investor equity for a short term investment?

We are not so much a start up company; been doing business for over 7 years and started off with an investor which was considered a loan with interest. Now we are up to receive anywhere from...

asked Nov 16 '12 at 18:01
Blank
Andrea Wilson
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Dealing with Co-founder without the same commitment

Imagine the following scenario: 1 founder and self proclaimed CEO , created an idea for a new website internet services, and started developing it. The core of the system is done, he decides that...

asked Oct 15 '12 at 02:26
Blank
South
176 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.87K Views
Format or terms and condition of Preferred Stocks Angels ask for

I read several blogs and interview of several Angel investors. My understanding is they are mostly asking for Preferred Stocks. What are most common terms and conditions they lay down in Preferred...

asked Aug 29 '12 at 07:51
Blank
Gaurav Agarwal
107 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
Meaning of Automatic Conversion in Series AA TermSheet

There is a clause Automatic Converstion in Series AA termsheet of Y-Combinator which says Each share of Preferred will automatically convert into common stock, at the then applicable conversion...

asked Aug 30 '12 at 20:28
Blank
Gaurav Agarwal
107 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.45K Views
How do I make an angel investor move faster on a deal?

The investor is very excited but he seems very slow on the deal. We've been in communication for 3 weeks. I recently gave him access to the invesment package. But There was A tech issue on a...

asked Jul 25 '12 at 04:49
Blank
Zapoo
303 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.49K Views
New business. How *exactly* does one raise VC capital, or any other startup capital?

First off I'm very glad to have found this exchange because a lot of questions will be forthcoming from me. The skinny: I started a new business a couple months ago, an LLC. My skill set is in...

asked Jul 26 '12 at 10:51
Blank
Manchine
104 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.81K Views
What will the angel talk about next during phone conference?

We been going back and forth on emails and spoke on phone once. He lives outside of USA. The Angel said he loves the deal, but he won't take the deal seriously unless he has the full scope of the...

asked Aug 3 '12 at 09:21
Blank
Zapoo
303 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.15K Views
Angel Investors: Exit Strategy = We plan to IPO

How bad (or good) is it to say something like, "We plan to exit via an IPO" on exit strategy to an angel investor?

asked Jul 13 '12 at 10:41
Blank
Yos
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
Approaching Angels by E-Mail - How much information should I expose?

I consider contacting a few potential angel investors through E-mail, for my yet to be founded startup. My Executive Summary is ready to be sent, but I'm wondering if its safe to send it right...

asked Jul 22 '12 at 02:51
Blank
Orchestrator
149 points

16 Votes
5 Answers
4.34K Views
Losing Controlling Interest in a company, can that be bad?

Basically I have been lucky to get spotted by some angel investors and will be signing £60,000 for 60% of my current business come thursday, which will really boost my start-up massively and...

asked Jul 4 '12 at 07:18
Blank
Owen O'neill
83 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.39K Views
Buyout angel investor to avoid exiting?

It appears that in order to raise angel investor financing for my first-of-it's-kind product startup ($500K+ minimum) I will have to give up the whole dream within a few years in an exit...

asked Jun 7 '12 at 00:17
Blank
Novati
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.16K Views
Seek advices: Raise Money or not?

I've $100,000 from my personal money for a new company. I was thinking about going to Austin, TX, as I've heard Silicon Valley is more to raise money than to actually develop apps. Viewing all the...

asked May 25 '12 at 23:55
Blank
Hartator
116 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
Can I approach Angels even if my associate and I have absolutely no cash?

My associate and I are doing a website and we have absolutely no cash. Altough, we made a demo, "a prototype" of our website. Would that demo and a solid pitch/business plan convince an angel...

asked May 15 '12 at 21:24
Blank
Younès
120 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
How to proceed with funding and getting a prototype?

Should we get angels to come in after we have made a prototype or should we wait until we have an established base of customers? We realize that we can't go to investors without a prototype to show...

asked Apr 29 '12 at 14:57
Blank
V B
24 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.31K Views
Once you find a VC/Business Angel or other, how long does it usually take to close the deal and get the money?

Imagine you found a VC or Business Angel or other to invest in your project something around 200,000 USD. How long does it usually take to close the deal and get the money? (A min-max and average...

asked May 1 '12 at 23:02
Blank
Denislexic
106 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
3.6K Views
Is it worth applying to ABC's Shark Tank tv show?

I am trying to raise funds for my patented idea. I looked into applying to ABC's Shark Tank tv show. Does anyone have any experience with the show? I submitted my idea to season 4 casting on Shark...

asked Apr 9 '12 at 02:33
Blank
Laura Young
6 points