Angel Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.78K Views
Is it better to raise from a seed stage VC or angels who are investing their own money?

I'm going to start raising funds for my company soon. I already have more than a prototype website and can take payments, but still need to get a little more development complete. I'm undecided on...

asked Feb 15 '12 at 17:59
Blank
Anagio
293 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.07K Views
Finding Investors. Who can you trust?

I see lots of investor hunters or finders on the web, but who can you trust? For instance many want a fee upfront to introduce you to 10 or 20 qualified leads. This is mostly done via phone and...

asked Feb 6 '12 at 06:28
Blank
Msw
21 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.97K Views
What is a good way to find investors for a start up?

I have developed my SAAS on a shoestring budget and I have just made it production ready so I am now looking for ways to market it to my customer base. I, however, do not have the funds available...

asked Jan 2 '12 at 23:38
Blank
Tim
670 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
5.45K Views
What happens to the angel's / A round investor's stake on subsequent rounds, in the Valley?

As far as I understand, when the next round happens, the startup emits new shares that are sold to new investors under newly negotiated valuation. Does this lead to the previous investor's shares...

asked Jan 7 '12 at 01:28
Blank
Fedd
8 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.39K Views
Can you explain this angel Investment term sheet?

My startup received a Terms Sheet from an investor and my co-founder and I are trying to figure out if they are saying that they are going to want 30% of our profits at the end of every year or if...

asked Dec 9 '11 at 10:04
Blank
Tom Delaney
16 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.08K Views
Got initial traction, how do I know that it's "enough" to pursue investors?

My webapp is gaining traction, being passed around and written about in various countries around the world (it's nice seeing viral loops in action, I must say :) ). And because I'm in the file...

asked Dec 13 '11 at 00:52
Blank
Itai Sagi
337 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.25K Views
Was there ever a startup website that didn't require the help of angel investors?

I guess what I meant to say is; Has there ever been a startup that started small then became successful on its own, instead of having a large financial backup beforehand? If so, may I ask for a...

asked Dec 4 '11 at 23:32
Blank
Propeller
134 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.26K Views
Questions around vesting vis-a-vis dilution, leaving a company and being fired from a company

I am just curious about vesting as against 3 things - Dilution, a Co-founder leaving, a co-founder getting fired Please assume a 2-man team with the equity split among the founder & CEO (A)...

asked Nov 15 '11 at 00:23
Blank
Rokstr Dli
36 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
Angel investment and qualification questions

Just because I didn't make 250k a yr ago why cant I be considered an angel if I was short like 20k but made it this year? Also, where can I invest, because most places dont want to deal with...

asked Nov 20 '11 at 09:09
Blank
Cappy
26 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
3.47K Views
Valuation for a B2B SAAS past prototype, but pre-launch?

This is a little complicated, but I have an interested group of angels asking for how much for 10%-20% of my company. I have no clue what to tell them, or what my valuation is. It is a B2B Saas...

asked Nov 12 '11 at 09:21
Blank
Amanda
16 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.7K Views
How to split ownership in a startup with a scenario like the one below?

All, This is a case with a friend of mine who is a first-gen entrepreneur and close to cutting a deal with Angels for a funding of $400K. But before I ask you his question, here is the situation,...

asked Nov 13 '11 at 13:46
Blank
Rokstr Dli
36 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.62K Views
Do I bring the Business Angel to the VC-Pitch?

Would it be wise to bring our Angel to the VC-pitch? The Angel would make a good impression. He is definetely better at pitching than everyone in the team. But what impression would it make, if...

asked Oct 31 '11 at 21:45
Blank
Tim
16 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.26K Views
Where should I go with my idea?

I am almost finish with my Web application. I was thinking to go to California and present it to angels. Is it a good place to find angels? I is there places I should go to meet people that can...

asked Oct 19 '11 at 05:31
Blank
Jean Nicolas Boulay Desjardins
162 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.34K Views
Checklist of things for presenting for Angel Investment

What things should an entrepreneur have noted, ready to present an investment opportunity to an Angel Investor?

asked Oct 5 '11 at 22:05
Blank
Richard
44 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
5.98K Views
What is a good format for a one page business plan executive summary?

We are applying for angel investment for our startup and we're working on putting together our one page executive summary. What is the typical flow/format of an executive summary?

asked Oct 6 '11 at 07:05
Blank
Gagan
150 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.43K Views
Do angels/venture capitalists expect you to invest your own capital?

I recently talked with some nice retired business people about startups. They gave me some great help but one thing that they said stuck out and I wanted to confirm or deny it. I was told that the...

asked Oct 4 '11 at 09:05
Blank
David Mokon Bond
234 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
Points to be mentioned while writing to angels

I am about to start writing to Angel investors about my project. Can anybody tell me what are the bullet points to be included while writing to Angels. Should I follow any steps while writing to...

asked Sep 16 '11 at 03:08
Blank
Gimp
427 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.8K Views
Is collateral a criteria for angels or just the idea?

The World's richest people like Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Larry Pages, Warren Buffet and these people who are ruling the World once upon a time they don't have enough money to start a company...

asked Sep 17 '11 at 05:44
Blank
Gimp
427 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.81K Views
What to be aware of, careful of when getting an angel investor

I recently started an LLC with a friend and we developed and manufactured a product, but we really need an investor. We do have a rich friend and he wants to invest, but we don't have a good idea...

asked Sep 8 '11 at 03:06
Blank
Mike D
16 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.08K Views
Will an angel investor be turned off by the founders not wanting to quit their day jobs just yet?

....my co-founder and I are working on a SaaS product and there is a chance we may seek an angel investment. Do you think us wanting to keep our day jobs for 3-6 more months will be a turn-off to...

asked Sep 12 '11 at 16:51
Blank
Dmurtagh
157 points