Application Questions

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.97K Views
What is the best invoicing tool you have discovered?

We're running an online store of electronic devices, and we need to start creating invoices for our clients. What is the best invoicing tool you have discovered?

asked Dec 16 '10 at 12:09
Blank
Sd Reyes
156 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.29K Views
What do you use/do to stay in touch with business partners that are in a different geographical location?

I'm looking for a good way to stay in touch with the hosts of my Momtrepreneur Exchanges around the country. There's a host in each of our 23 cities so far. It's a pile of people in different time...

asked Oct 22 '10 at 02:53
Blank
Jill
26 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.36K Views
Technical co-founder or pay someone to build

I have an idea for an off shoot of an already successful business that would allow me to scale it quickly and greater than I can now. However, the idea requires the building of a web...

asked Sep 1 '10 at 03:09
Blank
Jeff
154 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.37K Views
need help determining idea's worth

My friend and I are currently developing an iPhone app, it's very challenging and we may have to outsource the development of some core features, which is going to cost a lot. the problem is that...

asked Sep 9 '10 at 03:21
Blank
Raed
101 points

7 Votes
7 Answers
3.7K Views
Is a great name usable if someone has the domain name parked?

I am writing a mobile application and I have a great name for it. The problem is, someone has parked the .com domain name for it and won't take less than $5,000. They have owned the domain name for...

asked Sep 21 '10 at 08:02
Blank
Cowgod
136 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.44K Views
How does a company (squarespace) get 40million in minority investment when its revenue is say 5 million?

If a company (squarespace) is doing around 5-8million, how could they possible get a minority investment of almost 40 million? Minority to me means less than 50%, so that would put the companies...

asked Aug 19 '10 at 04:07
Blank
Un Startup
162 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
3.01K Views
So I'm building a web application

I'm building a pretty standard web application - login, do some searches via some well defined paramaters, get a list of results, drill down on a result to see details about the results. While I've...

asked Jul 9 '10 at 07:14
Blank
Ev Conrad
561 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.8K Views
Crossing the chasm - your advices for single guy moving a product from free alpha to paid beta stage

I'm a developer and I work in my spare time on a small mac app: http://totalfinder.binaryage.com Current stats: 15K users (who are updating the app with every new release) the web ~500 daily...

asked May 2 '10 at 19:01
Blank
Darwin
148 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.29K Views
Launch during summer or wait till autumn?

We are planning to launch productivity web app :) Summer is defiantly slow time on web and I was thinking, is it better not to launch in summer and wait till autumn?

asked May 12 '10 at 16:53
Blank
Daniil Harik
13 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.63K Views
Should each founder submit applications for YCombinator?

I'm going to soon submit an application for YC for this summer with a co-founder. I'm confused about whether all founders should submit applications, or just one. The issue is this one question,...

asked Feb 4 '10 at 10:19
Blank
Ehsanul
118 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.14K Views
Can you still dock a Facebook app?

Hey guys. Im looking into creating a facebook applications. Do you guys know if we still have the option of choosing where and how we want to dock the application? I heard that it might have been...

asked Feb 14 '10 at 07:10
Blank
Eric Amzalag
818 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.05K Views
Do you *mark* your products' installers?

Do you use any unique markers in your products' installers in order to track if some pirated version of your app starts circulating on the warez sites? What I mean is: do you put some customer...

asked Jan 21 '10 at 21:09
Blank
Krasimir Evtimov
150 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
3.95K Views
Have any good tips for a TechStars application?

There are a variety of tips for YCombinator, but we haven't been able to find anything related to TechStars. Anyone out there have experience with them?

asked Jan 4 '10 at 05:42
Blank
Greg Belote
798 points

3 Votes
9 Answers
3.55K Views
Looking for .NET CMS

I'm looking for .NET content management system. I've done some research and found a lot of software (like Telerik's Sitefinity or DotNetNuke), but I don't want to make wrong decision. Please advice.

asked Dec 9 '09 at 20:36
Blank
Dimitri
21 points

8 Votes
2 Answers
5.62K Views
How to market an android application?

My colleagues and I have just completed our first Android app. This is going to be a free multimedia application that can download/preview ringtones and wallpapers to your android. Now we need to...

asked Nov 19 '09 at 09:57
Blank
Vidar Vestnes
141 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
3.86K Views
Where can I learn the basics of software development?

I have mobile app and social media site ideas but not sure how to get them started seeing that I don't have any computer science background. I have contacted some local consulting firms but they...

asked Oct 26 '09 at 16:00
Blank
Growthand Vision
76 points

20 Votes
28 Answers
21.6K Views
How to pick a platform for a startup web 2.0 app?

I am looking for recommendatins from the successfull entreprenurs on this forum to advise me on the best software technology platform to develop my web2 webapp on. The web2 app will potentially be...

asked Oct 12 '09 at 11:26
Blank
Aryanved
59 points