Apps Questions

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.24K Views
Wait to develop mobile apps?

I'm in the middle of developing a site that focuses on restaurant reviews. My dilemma is whether or not to develop a mobile app and release it at the same time as the site launch. The site itself...

asked May 5 '11 at 03:54
Blank
Sam
509 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
5.22K Views
How to promote a mobile-only app?

What are the best ways to promote apps that are mobile only? Most apps only have a 1 or 2 pager site that just links to their listing on the App Store. That isn't really a good way to bring in new...

asked Jul 14 '14 at 18:43
Blank
Alexandra Leong
2 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.94K Views
I have an idea for a mobile app. Should I fund it myself or raise money?

I have an app for an idea that will require around $100K capital to completely build and launch. Should I try to raise money or figure out a way to invest my own money?

asked Apr 4 '14 at 12:41
Blank
Alexandra Scalise
16 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
6.82K Views
Which ecosystem to build an app for first: iOS or Android?

We are building an app that caters to the B2B crowd, and our initial research has shown that our audience is split evenly among the platforms.Both of us are non-technical co-founders so we will be...

asked Jun 27 '14 at 15:42
Blank
John Moe
14 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.96K Views
How to decide whether smartphone app should be free with ads or paid ($0.99) without ads?

Is there any data (such as from app downloads or consumer surveys) that would help a developer decide whether people (consumers) will be more likely to use (download/install) a smartphone app (iOS...

asked Feb 15 '13 at 18:24
Blank
User25036
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.48K Views
How to submit iOS apps to Apple as a company, instead of an individual developer?

I have a developer account already that I pay $99/year for. How can I (and should I) submit apps as my LLC instead?Does that offer any benefits apart from users seeing a company that made the app?

asked Jun 6 '14 at 00:26
Blank
George Lopez
9 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.79K Views
Trying to create a passive income. Should I create a web app or a mobile app?

I am looking to create a passive income stream. I have the skills to create both web and mobile apps. But I have been reading that making money from mobile apps is really hard and most iOS apps...

asked Aug 6 '14 at 13:57
Blank
Dale Slocum
2 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.71K Views
Using comedy in web apps?

How can you incorporate light-hearted comedy into your apps? Any good examples of starts that do this in their UI?The only one I've seen do this is MailChimp. Do usually do this in their error...

asked Aug 25 '14 at 22:11
Blank
William Dalton
12 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
3.87K Views
Where do you get your product inspiration from?

For founders who already have a product, where do you get inspiration for new features and improvements to your app?The only thing I've always done is look at competitors and decide which of their...

asked Apr 20 '15 at 14:26
Blank
Matthew Bryant
19 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
5.08K Views
Objective-C or the new Swift for developing iOS apps?

Apple released Swift yesterday at WWDC. It's a high level programming language that is going to make developing iOS apps much easier for new programmers.I know neither Objective-C or Swift at the...

asked Jun 4 '14 at 14:43
Blank
Theresa Darrell
14 points

8 Votes
6 Answers
4.98K Views
Got an offer for my app. Should I sell?

I have a free trivia app that I launched about three years ago, which generates about $90K in revenue each year. My costs are very little and most of it is profit. The only real cost is my time to...

asked Mar 29 '14 at 01:10
Blank
User32788
74 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.69K Views
I'm publishing a game on both App store and Google Play. How do I attract users after launch?

What are some of the most important things I should be doing after pushing games live to attract users?How did Flappy Bird get it's traction? All I've read in articles is that the game was live for...

asked Mar 20 '14 at 19:57
Blank
Elizabeth Wilburn
25 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.86K Views
Common features of habit forming apps?

What features make an app habit-forming? What are some examples of apps that have done a great job executing on this?... Except for the obvious giants like Facebook.

asked Mar 16 '14 at 16:13
Blank
Deanna Drayton
45 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.86K Views
Recommendations for Invoicing App

For the past couple of years I've been using Pancake for invoicing but now I'm reevaluating invoicing apps.So far I've looked at: Freshbooks BlinkSale Harvest Any others I should be looking at?...

asked Mar 13 '14 at 01:18
Blank
Lindsey Wilson
565 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.23K Views
How to convince co-founder that we need to shutdown our company?

My co-founder and I have been working on a bunch of different apps for Android that just aren't going anywhere.While we both hold full time jobs and do this on the side, how do I break it to him...

asked Mar 3 '14 at 22:36
Blank
Susan Wagner
60 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Is it legal to piggy back off a successful app's name by putting a spin on it?

Since Flappy Bird was taken down from the app store, tens of similar games have popped up. Two of which are currently the top free games on the app store!Is it legitimate to piggy back off Flappy...

asked Feb 18 '14 at 17:13
Blank
Bruce Schwartz
767 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.71K Views
Getting your mobile app found in the app store?

I'm creating a my first mobile app. What are some app store optimization tactics to get your app discovered? How can I stand out from the crowd in my category and potentially get to the top paid...

asked Feb 9 '14 at 03:10
Blank
Chrissie Gray
1,107 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.84K Views
What recourse do you have if Apple or Google bans your popular app?

I have a fairly popular app on iOS and launching the Android version soon. I read news to today about a developer whose really popular app was banned by Google just because they allowed their users...

asked Feb 3 '14 at 13:32
Blank
Bryant Valdez
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
When does it make sense to release a sequel app versus a new app?

I, as an indie dev, own a set of Face Switch entertainment apps (free, paid and iPad) on the app store and one free Face Switch app on Google Play. I'm about to relese a new app on the app store...

asked Nov 28 '13 at 20:20
Blank
Radek
11 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.67K Views
First-to-market principle in niche markets: Can competitors survive?

This is my first time on this part of SO. Go easy on me :) Say for example you know a company building a tool or app, but you discover that their way of doing it is flawed or in a more kinder way...

asked Nov 22 '13 at 06:00
Blank
Joe
201 points