Apps Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.06K Views
What advantages do tech startups with tax exempt 501(c)(3) status enjoy beyond tax exemption, if any?

This past March I co-founded a (for-profit) NV corporation, which created a Facebook App in the C2C social gifting space. This software, however, can be used in multiple industries, and I wanted to...

asked Oct 5 '11 at 07:21
Blank
Robert J Valli
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.46K Views
How to reduce risks when developing Iphone/Android game?

We are considering investing in the development of a game, which will run on either IPhone or Android (both later). The game is very innovative with and has some genuinely new features, which means...

asked Aug 18 '11 at 08:33
Blank
David
1,567 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.04K Views
How do returns work in mobile app stores vs. regular stores?

I was wondering if anyone was familiar with mobile app return policies and how they affect cash flow. When Apple/Google sends a monthly check for an app, does that already discount returns and...

asked Aug 23 '11 at 04:07
Blank
Chris
109 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.58K Views
Co-founder required - cut your own deal

I'm taking my first few steps in attracting a co-founder. With all the questions, comments and advice I've read concerning attracting a co-founder comes down to integrity...thee most important...

asked Aug 13 '11 at 05:34
Blank
Donald Bailey
27 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.56K Views
What is a DUNS number and how do I acquire one?

I'm looking into distributing an iOS app outside of the App Store. In order to join Apple's Enterprise development program, I am required to have a DUNS number. What exactly is a DUNS number and...

asked Jul 29 '11 at 22:27
Blank
Moshe
409 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.16K Views
Is it worth the effort to try to make a better version of another iPhone app?

This app (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/graphing-calculator/id289940142?mt=8) seems pretty good, but I would like to make a better version. I am already an iPhone app developer. Is it worth it to...

asked Jul 12 '11 at 05:58
Blank
Ethan
113 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
How to market and distribute an app targeted to small retailers

In the planning stage of building an app with a monthly subscription element targeted to small business merchants having 1 - 10 retail venues. Looking for any advice on a go to market strategy to...

asked Jul 17 '11 at 22:21
Blank
Dani
11 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
9.95K Views
Affiliate programs for promoting Android or iPhone apps?

Is there any way to set up an affiliate program to market android or iPhone apps? Where I can pay someone in a given market space (say "cooking for diabetics") for each app installed as a result of...

asked Jul 12 '11 at 00:44
Blank
Justin Alexander
111 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
3.62K Views
Advice to iPhone App Developer on Marketing the app

My app is out there... after 100 hours of hard work... I hardly find any people downloading it forget about using it. Honestly, I find marketing stuff pretty boring and dont really get motivated to...

asked Jun 28 '11 at 14:47
Blank
Xoail
365 points

8 Votes
1 Answers
2.58K Views
How do I know if I am infringing on a technology patent?

I want to create an app for the Ipad which uses "videoconferencing" technology, very similar to what skype does. How do I know if that is patented? What happens if it IS patent protected and I...

asked Jun 15 '11 at 08:45
Blank
Jonestech
41 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.31K Views
Steps to take after designing an app prototype

We are going to start creating an iPhone app prototype with Keynotopia.com. The app will be an add-on to our website which is currently in dev. Once the app prototype is complete, what are the...

asked Jun 2 '11 at 03:35
Blank
Sam
509 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.39K Views
Considerations in outsourcing your website and app development

Before contracting a developer, what should be considered? Legally what documents are standard and recommended, and why?

asked Jun 2 '11 at 12:20
Blank
Sam
509 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.33K Views
How to grow a social media business based on location, from one location to global?

I assume Foursquare faced this issue. You've got a social service that is location based but requires a lot of users to make valuable. I'm in a similar boat with an upcoming start up, and I'm...

asked May 17 '11 at 19:13
Blank
Long Winter
271 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.76K Views
What would you charge for this app?

We are in talks with our first app-development client, who are first-time app-development customers and have done no research on custom app pricing or gotten other bids. It's been a bit of a...

asked May 7 '11 at 11:33
Blank
User9306
13 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
3.3K Views
How do I fire a technical co-founder?

I came up with an idea for a business web application and teamed up with a coder to build it. He has a lot of strong points and built a good product (it's 90% done) but to cut a long story short,...

asked Apr 23 '11 at 14:24
Blank
Highlander
26 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.83K Views
Pricing for very first web app

My question concerns pricing and I hope someone here will offer us the benefit of their experience. A friend is moving from avid autodidactic tinkerer to professional web app developer this week...

asked Apr 11 '11 at 09:16
Blank
User9306
13 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.09K Views
In designing a new product is important to look modern (post 2.0)?

I've got a short snappy name and url, an end user focused mobile app/service that uses user generated content and a wireframe of a minimum viable product that I'm pretty happy with. I'm in the...

asked Apr 12 '11 at 18:08
Blank
Long Winter
271 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.91K Views
U.S. customer perceptions of foreign based online services/applications

Were are working on an online service that will sell both digital and physical goods in the U.S. Orders for physical goods will be fulfilled by U.S. based suppliers. I am American but based in...

asked Apr 14 '11 at 03:57
Blank
Miguel Buckenmeyer
482 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
Low Google rankings for my site

I have a website with an integrated Web service (an app for card divination online). Age of domain is already almost 2 years. Naturally, I wanted to make my site popular. First I submit my app in...

asked Apr 6 '11 at 04:35
Blank
Astraport
186 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.77K Views
User confirmation of terms

This is more of a legal question but I couldn't find the "Legal" Q&A on StackExchange yet...maybe next week :) I have a web app and mobile app where users sign up and create an account. I also...

asked Apr 7 '11 at 13:39
Blank
B Mon
108 points