Apps Questions

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.62K Views
Where can I find businesses for sale?

I would like to buy a small business. Are there any sites that collects businesses that are for sale? I am asking about this in a general way, because that produces answers, which are relevant for...

asked Mar 27 '11 at 05:26
Blank
David
1,567 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
8.36K Views
How does Rovio (Angry Birds) make money?

How does an iPhone developer like Rovio make any money with a free app

asked Mar 28 '11 at 09:47
Blank
Mike Walsh
745 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
3.37K Views
Is it a good idea to create a new app on WordPress?

Is it a good idea to use WordPress as the base for a startup app? Would a VC invest in an app if it was built on WordPress, regardless of the idea? The app, for example, is a photosharing site...

asked Feb 17 '11 at 15:19
Blank
Sirwan Qutbi
14 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.58K Views
How to share income of selling iPhone apps with a friend/partner

I plan to develop an iPhone app with my friend. Each of us is specialized in different parts of the app. For example, I am responsible for interface design and server-side programming while my...

asked Jan 26 '11 at 14:04
Blank
Killua
68 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
12.3K Views
How much does one earn on average for showing an ad in an app on a smart phone?

I am considering entering the smart phone app market by creating an ad-supported app. Where I can find statistics showing the average income per ad impression? (not per click). Does anybody have...

asked Feb 7 '11 at 01:04
Blank
David
1,567 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
3.14K Views
Looking for a web app for business expectations or goals

I started my own business about 7-8 months ago. Everything looks great and we are growing very nicely. I like web apps to keep my business organized (teamworkpm for project management, freshbooks...

asked Jan 21 '11 at 16:57
Blank
Julio
19 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Would you trust time sheet reporting and approval done in the "Cloud"?

It's our belief that the world is ready to trust reporting functions to a cloud-based network (I'm not talking about simply hosted apps, but something that functions more like a LinkedIn letting...

asked Oct 26 '10 at 07:25
Blank
Joe Piekarz
16 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.24K Views
App usage statistics

If I want to start a new website, the first thing I do is check out the competition to see both what they are doing and how much traffic they are generating. I would normally use a site like...

asked Sep 24 '10 at 11:04
Blank
Doug
118 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.21K Views
Web App: Subscriber Growth Modeling Help

I am looking for guidance on building models for subscriber growth to a B2C software app. We have existing channels of distribution (partners) that refer business to us and we provide an offline...

asked Jun 30 '10 at 21:35
Blank
Gesco
71 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
3.03K Views
So I'm building a web application

I'm building a pretty standard web application - login, do some searches via some well defined paramaters, get a list of results, drill down on a result to see details about the results. While I've...

asked Jul 9 '10 at 07:14
Blank
Ev Conrad
561 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3K Views
Feasibility of this type of iPhone app

Let's say I create a mobile application that contains a "Top 100" list of local restaurants. Value-adds may include directions, integration with OpenTable, and links to the restaurant menu, among...

asked Apr 28 '10 at 02:49
Blank
Seenu
428 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.31K Views
Launch during summer or wait till autumn?

We are planning to launch productivity web app :) Summer is defiantly slow time on web and I was thinking, is it better not to launch in summer and wait till autumn?

asked May 12 '10 at 16:53
Blank
Daniil Harik
13 points

6 Votes
6 Answers
4.41K Views
Best affiliate solution for freemium/free trial web apps?

Most affiliate solutions are not designed to work with freemium or free trial business models. Have you seen an affiliate app that can: Make it simple to manage affiliate relationships Can...

asked Mar 15 '10 at 02:19
Blank
Chris Savage
209 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.72K Views
Looking to get our mobile application idea vetted

My partner and I are looking to develop a mobile application for the service industry. Before we look to get funding we would like to see if our mobile app has any "legs", How should we go about...

asked Jan 10 '10 at 14:05
Blank
Gulu Apps
41 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.51K Views
Best Method for Advertising Mobile Application

We are looking to get the most bang for our buck, what is the best method for marketing our mobile application? Are there services that specialize in marketing for mobile applications? Any...

asked Jan 19 '10 at 15:38
Blank
Gulu Apps
41 points

3 Votes
8 Answers
2.76K Views
At what point do you cut features?

I have a couple of features in my product that are really important but, as it stands, are not fully implemented / designed or integrated. At what point do I remove them from the product? I...

asked Dec 31 '09 at 18:01
Blank
Sam Saffron
432 points