Bank Account Questions

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.17K Views
How can I get a current account for my proposed e-learning company in India? What documents are needed for it?

We are totally new startup in India and the only documents we have are: 1) Identity proof of owner 2) PAN of owner 3) Rent agreement of office We wish to carry out all the transactions in the...

asked Nov 2 '18 at 22:33
Blank
Greengoblin
1 point

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.15K Views
Setting up a US business to monetize a website, and doing so from abroad. Is it possible?

I should state at the outset that I am a US Citizen, but simply living abroad in a country where starting a business is much more complicated. I have recently created a website that I would like to...

asked Mar 30 '13 at 21:34
Blank
Nate
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.35K Views
Anyone have experience with Bank of America for a new startup?

I've looked over quite a few topics about people asking which bank is best for their small startup. It seems that Bank of America is a decent option (from the responses on this site). The other...

asked Mar 8 '13 at 06:39
Blank
Ephraim
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
9.01K Views
Using a New Personal Bank Account for an LLC?

Business Structure: LLC Country: US State: Texas City: Austin Income: So far? $0 I am forming an LLC and was looking into "business" checking accounts, and most charge some kind of fee. Either...

asked Mar 21 '13 at 13:25
Blank
Kevin Soviero
180 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.11K Views
How to open a UK business bank account without being physically present?

We are moving our company to Scotland in a few months. We wanted to open a business bank account in advance without using an agent. We tried RBS, but to no avail. How can we open a business bank...

asked Jan 16 '13 at 23:48
Blank
Kraken
16 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
8.91K Views
Transferring money out of LLC business account to a personal account to pay a international supplier to avoid wire transfer fee

Our newly formed LLC (2 members) has a business checking account. It has a rather high international wire transfer fee for sending out payments from the US to overseas ($45). My partner suggested...

asked Jan 19 '13 at 17:42
Blank
User23618
6 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.4K Views
How do I pick a bank for my LLC (USA)?

I want to open a business bank account for my LLC to keep my finances separate. How, in general, should I go about shopping for a bank account? Relatedly, are there any particular banks that excel...

asked Jan 12 '13 at 14:04
Blank
Max
108 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.12K Views
Holding and spending USD from Australia

My business is based in Australia, but most of my sales are made in the USA in US dollars, and most of the bills my business pays are also paid in USD (via debit card). I know that some...

asked Oct 16 '12 at 13:27
Blank
Paul Stovell
204 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.93K Views
Can a bank account accept checks written to two different business names?

Is it possible for a bank account to accept checks written to two different parts of an LLC? For example, I have ABC LLC, which operates at ABC.com, and I accept checks using both the ABC and ABC...

asked Aug 23 '12 at 05:55
Blank
Nickelpickle
55 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.51K Views
Business banking for a California startup incorporated in Delaware

We have an startup that was recently incorporated in Delaware but is based in California. We tried to open a business bank account at two different banks in California, and both said they require a...

asked Apr 6 '12 at 15:18
Blank
Caligirl
204 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
4.45K Views
how does Billguard or Mint.com get the data from banks? Do banks have some open API?

How is it possible to get the data from the banks? Did they go and talk to each bank and convinced the bank to open a API for them? Or do banks have this API already that they are using and you can...

asked Mar 13 '12 at 01:20
Blank
Ryan
147 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.59K Views
US citizen living abroad- Which banks allow business checking accounts to be set up easily online?

I'm a US citizen living abroad. I already have a C corporation (Delaware) for which the initial paperwork (Certificate of Incorporation, Bylaws, etc.) have been done. I also have an EIN for the...

asked Mar 16 '12 at 01:15
Blank
Patrick Kenny
277 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.67K Views
Business bank account

I would like to be able to cash checks made out to "Code Developr" in the USA. I am in the state of Florida. I do not have an LLC or Corporation. The nature of the business at this point will be...

asked Mar 4 '12 at 05:51
Blank
Jasondavis
111 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.06K Views
Can I use my personal bank account instead of a company account?

I've just registered a limited company in the UK. I wonder whether this is possible/legal to use your personal bank account until the company has its own account? I want to make online transactions...

asked Feb 8 '12 at 00:48
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.8K Views
Does opening a bank account for an llc make a person personally responsible for the account?

I've asked a bank what they require in order to open a bank account for an llc, and the main thing was a "certificate of good standing". Since the "certificate of good standing" or even the...

asked Feb 10 '12 at 05:10
Blank
Startup1
90 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
12.3K Views
I opened a business checking account last year using my SSN. If I get a federal EIN, can my bank update this or do I need to open a new account?

I opened a business checking account last year using my SSN. If I get a federal EIN, can my bank update this or do I need to open a new account? Basically, at the time I opened the checking...

asked Jan 16 '12 at 06:05
Blank
James Mortensen
363 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.28K Views
Business Expense Question: Paying Rent

I have an LLC set up, and am learning my way with regards to keeping books etc. I was told recently that I can use the business bank account to pay up to 50% of my rent (being that I am the owner,...

asked Nov 26 '11 at 20:14
Blank
Zakman411
174 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.06K Views
What is the best way to facilitate payouts to users bank accounts?

What is the best way to facilitate payouts to user bank accounts? After checking with my local bank wire-transfers are $25 each and can't be triggered programmatically. Where else should I explore...

asked Nov 16 '11 at 06:34
Blank
User1305
101 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.16K Views
How can I transition my personal funds to my LLC funds?

I am registering for an LLC after freelancing on the side. My current clients are writing checks to my name. Do I just simply cash these checks into my business account going forward?

asked Nov 6 '11 at 15:35
Blank
Sheehan Alam
194 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
4.8K Views
How to register LLC in USA or LTD in UK and bank account, for foreigner?

I am from Serbia, Europe (Not Europe Union country). I develop Android apps and would like to sell them on Android market. I can not register for Google merchant account from Serbia so I need...

asked Nov 8 '11 at 01:08
Blank
Saša Šijak
28 points