Beta Questions

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.82K Views
Crossing the chasm - your advices for single guy moving a product from free alpha to paid beta stage

I'm a developer and I work in my spare time on a small mac app: http://totalfinder.binaryage.com Current stats: 15K users (who are updating the app with every new release) the web ~500 daily...

asked May 2 '10 at 19:01
Blank
Darwin
148 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.49K Views
Benefits of private vs public beta?

Here's the scenario: There is a product with a high learning curve while it's still in beta, but this will be alleviated in the release version. The product is at a point where it is no longer...

asked Apr 21 '10 at 20:21
Blank
Nbeecroft
515 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.29K Views
What exactly is a prototype , mockup and paper prototype

I have my idea ready and want to build it immediately and pitch to investors but people have been asking me to build a prototype, some ask me to build a mockup or deck or working model or some ask...

asked Mar 25 '10 at 08:34
Blank
Syed
445 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
4.05K Views
How long of a closed-beta is enough?

We have developed a product offered as SaaS, that helps businesses to manage their entire business online (details at www.trakeze.com). We have been running a nice long (more than 6 months)...

asked Jan 24 '10 at 04:45
Blank
Puneet Gangal
281 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.26K Views
How to convert Beta Users to Sales

We've just finished a quite successful beta, most of the beta users were happy. Now we are ready to release the product and this is an enterprise product so we are not directly going to sell to...

asked Dec 8 '09 at 08:05
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.14K Views
Private beta real world examples

Our company is currently in development of software, which should help software developers better support their products. Currently we are still in development but are planing to get into private...

asked Nov 22 '09 at 05:41
Blank
Thomaschaaf
158 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.76K Views
Collecting payment info before vs. after trial period?

Does anyone have any data (or opinions) on whether to collect payment info during the sign-up process, or after the trial has ended? Collecting it up front probably converts better (though not...

asked Nov 17 '09 at 10:24
Blank
Justyn
892 points