Bootstrap Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.88K Views
Building a career whilst bootstrapping

Long story short, I am bootstrapping a start up venture and I am funding it through full time employment. We are close to launch, and we want to avoid going to VC in order to retain 100% equity. I...

asked Oct 3 '15 at 01:01
Blank
User34199
46 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.76K Views
Where can I find a decent Bootstrap web designer?

Bootstrap as in (http://getbootstrap.com/). It seems to me that lately every tech startup I see on TechCrunch has an awesome landing page built in Bootstrap. The "design language" is mostly the...

asked Mar 30 '14 at 01:11
Blank
LaserBear
100 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.27K Views
What exactly does Bootstrap, Series A, Series B, etc. mean?

On a website that hosts startups I saw these terms next to "funding": Bootstrapped Seed Round Series A Series B Series C Can anyone please explain what exactly are all these terms? I found a...

asked Sep 27 '13 at 19:42
Blank
Cristic84
3 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.12K Views
Bootstrapping a Startup while having a full-time job

I have a full-time job, 40 hours a week. I make good money that helps me have a secure life and leaves me some money for savings + about $200 to fund for my project. Basically I can do both the...

asked Jul 17 '13 at 05:39
Blank
Alex
31 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
Is choosing a commercial technology going to make it harder to find hackers to hire?

I am currently working as a tech advisor for a start-up. We tried composing a dev team for a while, but were unable to find talented people. We got a proposal from a company to build our app,...

asked Aug 19 '12 at 06:52
Blank
Xananax
108 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
Can I approach Angels even if my associate and I have absolutely no cash?

My associate and I are doing a website and we have absolutely no cash. Altough, we made a demo, "a prototype" of our website. Would that demo and a solid pitch/business plan convince an angel...

asked May 15 '12 at 21:24
Blank
Younès
120 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.69K Views
Bootstrapping a startup that is a mediator between two types of users

I about to venture into a startup that will address two types of users who have a relationship with each other. Let us call one of them X and the other are their users (let us call them Y). My...

asked May 3 '12 at 23:30
Blank
S. Francis
21 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.31K Views
Interpreting Invention Assignment: what does "is not related" to the company's business mean in employment contracts?

I'm talking about those Invention Assignment clauses in employment contracts (especially with regards to California labor code section 2870) "Prohibiting employee assignment to an employer of...

asked Dec 25 '11 at 21:34
Blank
Kamikaze Pilot
253 points