Branding Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.28K Views
single word names vs multiword names

We are trying to come with some names for our new startup, and wondering if a multiword name is better than a single word names? The startup is going to be focusing on food/cooking. Some of the...

asked Sep 2 '11 at 08:05
Blank
Tehnyit
144 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.23K Views
Freelancing - Naming Advice?

I do web development and graphic design as a hobby; I'm an enthusiast that's been immersed in these communities for more than 5 years. Recently I've been doing more serious work in these fields....

asked Aug 10 '11 at 14:14
Blank
Trey K
118 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.17K Views
Are .st domains reliable for web startups?

Possible Duplicate: what's more important - .com or name? Are .st domains reliable for web startups? Is there any known issue with them?

asked Jul 29 '11 at 05:34
Blank
John S
184 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.01K Views
internet business name?

Ok im having trouble finding a company name that also has an available domain name. Now I want to know is it ok if I just register a company and than try and find a domain name that us not my...

asked Jun 23 '11 at 19:45
Blank
I Scotts
152 points

4 Votes
9 Answers
4.45K Views
Crowdsourced logo and web design work. Recent experiences? Site you'd recommend?

I'm at a fairly established startup, and we need our logo and look/feel overhauled. I'm thinking about using a crowdsourced design site, along the lines of 99designs. Lots of similar sites now...

asked Jun 7 '11 at 03:49
Blank
Sarah
21 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.76K Views
What would be the drawbacks of this OEM model?

It is time for you to play the devils advocate. We have created some software, which is conceptually similar to Excel, in that it is multipurpose and useful in a multitude of domains. Let's say...

asked May 28 '11 at 20:49
Blank
David
1,567 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.09K Views
What is the best way to increase brand awareness when you have no physical building?

I have the most experienced and talented people (120 instructors making up 20 MLB teams) for teaching baseball in Minnesota but no one knows because I don't have a building (overhead). How do I get...

asked May 18 '11 at 10:24
Blank
C J
14 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.08K Views
Domain Name/Branding Question

Note: the following is not my sites name or subject matter it just being used as an equivalent example. Consider that ExampleArchive.tld is registered but nothing is even parked there. The contact...

asked May 20 '11 at 01:31
Blank
Jfeust
103 points

3 Votes
6 Answers
2.36K Views
What is the most cost effective way to create a name for my food product?

I have an energy bar that I'm taking to market now and I want a strong name/brand for it. My product is very strong. I've been eating my bars for over 7 years now and recently it has received...

asked May 11 '11 at 21:23
Blank
Matt Zembruski
16 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.72K Views
Reliability of .me TLD

I would like to start a website with the .me TLD and this domain name should be the brand name as well. But as all .yu domains have been deleted, I'm a bit cautious. Is it safe to register a .me...

asked May 6 '11 at 06:06
Blank
Marco W.
108 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.23K Views
Do I have to have the company type in the name?

I'm creating a new startup in DC and corporating as an LLC. Do I need to have Company Name, LLC or am I free to name it just Company Name?

asked Apr 28 '11 at 05:04
Blank
Marco Ceppi
126 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
Question about a Food Brand

I have a friend who makes very good banana bread. She tried to sell it on the street and got sold out of a huge batch within a very short time. She wants to stay local within her city, but isn't...

asked Apr 21 '11 at 08:14
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

5 Votes
7 Answers
2.95K Views
Managing multiple online personas

I currently own a resume writing business, but am also starting up a separate B2B copywriting business as well as another online marketing site. All of these ventures have very different customers,...

asked Apr 5 '11 at 07:59
Blank
Mary Aho
46 points

5 Votes
5 Answers
2.72K Views
Branding vs. domain name availability... and the consequences to creative solutions?

With the introduction of more versatile domain names, people have been utilizing subdomains and clever suffixes to create more unique domains (ie. del.icio.us.) I've also come across others that...

asked Mar 27 '11 at 10:40
Blank
Julian Lloyd
126 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
Why is this fever of getting followers on twitter?

My twitter account is followed by hundreds of proposing me to return following, to get software for and learn techniques for getting thousands of followers. But why? I personally read most of...

asked Mar 12 '11 at 05:05
Blank
Gennady Vanin Novosibirsk
133 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
4.06K Views
How do you come up with a decent .com domain name?

It seems every common word or short sequence is owned or parked. Does anyone have any advice for the best way to come up with a decent .com domain name? We are going to launch an HTML5, cloud...

asked Feb 28 '11 at 23:57
Blank
Olib
26 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
10.7K Views
Umbrella branding Vs Individual branding

What are the benefits/disadvantages/difficulties of umbrella branding, i.e., "overarching brand used across multiple related products" (wiki ) vs individual branding. We are looking for a...

asked Feb 11 '11 at 06:52
Blank
Dyn Zack
216 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.83K Views
For Branding, should I create my logo first, or do the logo as part of the website design?

I am about to start the branding process of one of our products. There is an interest among the stakeholders for this product to have a separate identity, and they will pay for it. My question, is,...

asked Jan 25 '11 at 11:44
Blank
Geo
268 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.62K Views
Business brand vs Product brand

I'm starting out building my business and plan on only ever having one product. I'm wanting input on the branding of my business and of my product. I see two ways forward. One I brand my business...

asked Jan 8 '11 at 05:27
Blank
Supermighty
11 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
3.42K Views
What are the must-have books on brand development?

There are books for every topic which most in the field consider definitive or must-haves. For instance, for usability and application design, Designing the Obvious, Don't Meke Me Think, and The...

asked Dec 1 '10 at 16:34
Blank
Calvin Huang
126 points