Business Model Questions

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.36K Views
Entrepreneur In-Waiting, valuing a start up business

After Years of having great business ideas and insight into the betting industry I have decided to bite the bullet and go ahead and start up my own business E-Commerce Business. I have a number...

asked Mar 26 '13 at 01:22
Blank
Peter S
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.53K Views
Choosing between complex or simple business ideas

Having spent the last 2 years plotting business ideas and dreaming of the day I would resign I have finally given notice and am preparing to begin pursuing my dreams. However I have reached an...

asked Jan 30 '13 at 14:48
Blank
Maxim Gershkovich
234 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.72K Views
Feasibility of a narrow focused development firm

I am curious if there is demand for a development firm which specialized only on front-end development. Most companies that I know of offer wide range of services — front, back, mobile, native...

asked Jan 15 '13 at 16:01
Blank
Mvbl Fst
144 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.05K Views
Business model for a startup

In planning to build an mobile-app based startup, how good and effective is a business model that depends on other products? Or would a rather better business model be where the app by itself is a...

asked Dec 30 '12 at 18:24
Blank
Quik Tester
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.1K Views
How to determine a pricing model for an electronic product?

I have an idea that I plan to develop into a product beta then boost with a crowdfunding platform. I'm looking for a rough formula to develop my pricing model that will account for material cost,...

asked Jan 12 '13 at 05:20
Blank
Npc
108 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.43K Views
What are the pros and cons of having a business model - snatching other businesses existing customers, just a month before renewal?

What are the pros and cons of having a business model - snatching other businesses existing customers, especially a month or two before they renew with them? Is there any business term for what I...

asked Dec 15 '12 at 17:20
Blank
Anilkumble789
6 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
1.47K Views
What is revenue stream of free mobile application of games?

There are so many mobile applications or games available in mobile app stores today which they distribute for free to users. They don't even show ads in their apps. Even, some of these apps are...

asked Dec 28 '12 at 20:16
Blank
Rumit Parakhiya
110 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
Why don't usability testing companies succeed?

There seems to be a big demand for website feedback, usability and review services. However, companies that offer these services are not making much profit? For example, Concept Feedback stopped...

asked Dec 8 '12 at 17:12
Blank
Bonyhad
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
How to come up with service packages and pricing?

I have a break fix IT company right now, but I'm trying to transition to a managed service provider role. I believe I have everything in place, but the one thing I just can't seem to wrap my arms...

asked Nov 26 '12 at 09:00
Blank
Msindle
106 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.77K Views
I have a project from client, shall I open a startup or play a mid man and make a cut

I have a project from Client to implement ERP software(starting project of worth 450K$, and may get similar 2 or 3 more projects), I do not have any company for now and is doing a regular software...

asked Nov 16 '12 at 16:18
Blank
Goku
58 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
1.86K Views
Convert FREE to PAID service without losing customers?

This is a real estate website where agents can advertise their properties. Two years ago we've started as a FREE service to gain customers and visits. Now after a lot of investment we need to start...

asked Sep 6 '12 at 20:38
Blank
Alexandru Trandafir Catalin
157 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.21K Views
Is SaaS really a profitable market now (compared to 2005)?

When you consider the following: 20 USD monthly fee x 12 months = 240 USD per user / yr. So, 1,000 paying customers would be needed to attain 240,000 USD revenue At a conversion rate of 10% one...

asked Sep 6 '12 at 21:31
Blank
Jason
56 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.12K Views
Product Positioning-Large or Small customer focus

We are a software startup and trying to solve a unique problem, which is applicable for both small and large organizations. Is there any recommendation in positioning the product for smaller or...

asked Aug 10 '12 at 04:27
Blank
User8226
197 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.52K Views
Company in another state

I have a company in Georgia that is a corporation. I want to form another corporation in Michigan, but I want it to be under the corporate company in Georgia. The names will be slightly different....

asked Jul 31 '12 at 06:19
Blank
Kevin G.
1 point

2 Votes
6 Answers
2.11K Views
Business model for upcoming events web page

I have developed a local upcoming events web page, that aims to deliver the events in a different way than other similar services. The event organisers will list their events but at a cost. My...

asked Jul 22 '12 at 23:49
Blank
Nikolai
125 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.14K Views
Is creating a mobile application actually a good business model

Lots of people I know think that their idea for an iPhone app is a great business idea, and could make them rich. I think it's a nightmare, akin to two-level pyramid scheme that generates revenue...

asked Jun 25 '12 at 10:19
Blank
Mc Garnagle
121 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.76K Views
Business model for a GPLed software product

I have a working prototype of a Mercurial repository browser/management tool for Windows and I'm thinking in creating a potential business out of it. While developing this, I looked a lot inside...

asked Jun 29 '12 at 19:02
Blank
Anton Gogolev
136 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
6.94K Views
What sort of business type is a video game company? Manufacturing?

I am a college student and I am supposed to be creating a business plan for a school project. I decided to create a faux video game company in order to satisfy the criteria of the project, but I've...

asked Jun 8 '12 at 08:22
Blank
Nicholas Coovert
3 points

0 Votes
5 Answers
3.84K Views
Is the traditional 'selling (closed source) software licenses' model still a viable business model?

I have developed a library that I would like to license to customers in the traditional way: users are paying for a license for a closed source library which allows them to use the library for a...

asked Jun 10 '12 at 18:15
Blank
Mark
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.81K Views
Guidelines on how to test an idea for profitability before implementing?

Surely you've heard of Ramit Sethi (this guy: http://www.iwillteachyoutoberich.com/ ). In one of his courses, he teaches how to model an idea and test it for profitability before implementing it....

asked Jun 11 '12 at 23:58
Blank
Walrus The Cat
106 points