Business Model Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.29K Views
Charging for ads based on time they run for?

I was wondering if there is such a thing as "Pay Per Date Run"? - as opposed to Pay Per Click or Pay Per Impression. For example: paying for an ad to run on week 31 - August 1st to August 7th for x...

asked Jul 31 '11 at 01:55
Blank
Derek Kwok
103 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
5.08K Views
How much do high-end financial software consultancy firms (like lab49) charge per hour?

How much do high-end financial consultancy firms (like lab49) charge per hour for a c# developer in London? In GBP please. Obviously the consultancy has to paid the developer + cover their...

asked Jul 12 '11 at 06:06
Blank
Jamesgold
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.96K Views
How to earn incentive on my website?

I have a website named Digital Flicks and its a website on most of the Web technology updates. Now the problem I have is that I want to monetize the website soon. I want to know some Ad Publishing...

asked Jul 21 '11 at 02:49
Blank
Shiv Kumar Ganesh
118 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.96K Views
What are the revenue streams of social gaming?

I'm thinking to build some social games that can be played via website, social networks (Facebook, etc) and mobile apps. So, what are the successful revenue streams of social gaming companies?

asked Jul 8 '11 at 23:29
Blank
Jeff
58 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.35K Views
Business Models for High-Price Mobile Apps

What business models exist for mobile applications beyond the AppStores that are run by the platform owner (Apple, Google)? The standard business model seems to be low priced apps in 3 segments...

asked Jun 24 '11 at 22:36
Blank
Johannes Rudolph
348 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.22K Views
Business model: Sell component or complete solution?

I've working for a product (component) that need to integrated with other software (market: other software developers) for almost a year, to be honest selling this component is not easy, so as a...

asked Jun 26 '11 at 22:43
Blank
Jazar
123 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.6K Views
Pivoting problem for a food subscription startup

I launched my website which sells healthy snack subscriptions about two months ago. We provide healthy snack alternatives to white collars. That arent available other than our site We sell...

asked Jun 16 '11 at 05:54
Blank
Hakkasan
21 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.36K Views
"Online-game" monetization models besides ads & appStore?

Can you please include links to some of the various "online-game" monetization examples besides placing ads & publishing on an appStore. (if possible please include short comment as to why it's...

asked Jun 20 '11 at 22:34
Blank
Timo
66 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.66K Views
How to bootstrap a portal?

I want to start a property portal but I dont have huge ad budget to get traffic for listing then how do I get my first listing on the portal? If people come on my property portal through ads or...

asked Jun 22 '11 at 00:56
Blank
Yuvraj
57 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
8.46K Views
Is it illegal for a person to use Zynga Poker if gambling is prohibited in his state/country?

I ask because I am planning a Start up where I intend to charge users to use my website. They can buy credit and gamble with each other. I understand players will not be exchanging money; so its...

asked Jun 22 '11 at 14:42
Blank
Ritwik
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.91K Views
www.scribd.com type business model

I had used Scribd.com and in order to download anything they asked to upload and share something or pay for the download --- Now I feel this is a good business model especially when you are a...

asked Jun 5 '11 at 05:34
Blank
Yuvraj
57 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.66K Views
How does a free webapp earn money?

I saw a lot of web applications today that are free to use. Any idea how they earn money? Aside from ads, of course.

asked Jun 13 '11 at 00:55
Blank
B
116 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
Business model for a service

We are about to launch a new service that you embed in a website or Facebook. We consider using the following to get various source of income. 1 - Ad's for free (package one) 2 - Remove ad's for...

asked May 27 '11 at 19:52
Blank
Lindy
1 point

9 Votes
5 Answers
3.3K Views
Is there any categorization or in-depth analysis of business models based on the Internet?

I was searching for some information, analyses and categorization for business models that are used in Internet-based businesses (basically: in the businesses that are conducted through the...

asked May 23 '11 at 10:00
Blank
Tadeck
56 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.83K Views
Can VC be the customer?

I am working hard with lots of start-up clients on their business models. One of the critical issues that we keep coming back to is "who is the customer." In my model the customer is the person...

asked May 4 '11 at 04:12
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.99K Views
Why would someone write captchas all day?

A while ago i was surfing around the internet and i found this site: captchatrader.com. I don't understand why would someone pay for people to solve captchas. What is the reason? What do they get...

asked May 5 '11 at 02:25
Blank
Sfrj
205 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.34K Views
How to sell yourself to investors?

This is a question about methodology for newcomers in the business of lauching firms. I propose that we list all the things that must be done in order to present a good proposal for potential...

asked Apr 26 '11 at 00:26
Blank
Sylvain Peyronnet
371 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.55K Views
How does a group-buying startup like Groupon earn money?

sorry if this is very basic question but since I haven't used any group buying website myself I don't know how do they earns money? To be more clear: Does sites like groupon charge merchants in a...

asked Apr 24 '11 at 04:48
Blank
Ashkanr
111 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.93K Views
Best form of business for partner with conditional ownership?

Currently, I have an s-corp and I am the only member of the entire corporation. However, I will soon be bringing on a partner on board. Now, say my company sells 10 products. When I bring my...

asked Apr 18 '11 at 00:34
Blank
Maq
197 points

6 Votes
9 Answers
4.42K Views
Do you think Groupon business model is sustainable?

Considering people unsubscribe (I think so; I would be happy to see both information regarding that) email lists from Groupon (and other daily city deal sites), do you think paying thousands for...

asked Apr 6 '11 at 13:47
Blank
To Rr0t
69 points