Business Model Questions

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.25K Views
How can I combine asking questions on the Internet with money making?

My biggest hobby/interest is to ask questions on the Internet. I have to admit this hobby brings me a lot. I feel I am an innate asker.I'm asking questions on the Internet always every day. I have...

asked Jul 26 '10 at 22:18
Blank
Jack
116 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.82K Views
Preparing for my international trade business. Didn't make any big inroad during the past 3 weeks

I quitted my job and started to preparing for my international trade business at the beginning of this month. But now almost one month passed, I have not gotten things into shape. I have not make a...

asked Jul 26 '10 at 23:51
Blank
Jack
116 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
8.23K Views
Revenue Multiples for Tech Startups

Does anyone have an idea of what a revenue multiple for a tech startup with a transactional business model would be? I know it would be highly variable, but any resources, thoughts or known...

asked Aug 18 '10 at 04:31
Blank
Jim Shook
417 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.34K Views
whats the link between unique visitors and estmated revenue?

I know this is one of those 'how long is a piece of string' type questions. Yes, I also know it depends on the market segment/space etc, etc. However, I still need to ask this questions, as I need...

asked Jun 16 '10 at 09:54
Blank
Morpheous
236 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
3.7K Views
'Best' revenue sharing models for the web?

Although not running a charity, I like the moral/ethics surrounding revenue sharing business models, as I am socially aware, and like the idea of sharing money meritocratically amongst those who...

asked Jun 19 '10 at 18:54
Blank
Morpheous
236 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.64K Views
what are the characteristics of features people pay for online?

I'm having a problem coming up with a business model other than advertising. I did a little research, and it seems to me that people are paying for features/services that deals with...

asked Jun 20 '10 at 21:37
Blank
Raed
101 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
1.87K Views
if Twitter charged for customizing your profile, would you pay for it?

It seems to me that people care enough about it to pay for it.(just search "my background") and personally, given the right price, I would. I'm asking this because I want to know when do people...

asked Jul 6 '10 at 02:36
Blank
Raed
101 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.99K Views
Staff numbers "rules of thumb"

I am looking for "rules of thumb", or estimates for the numbers of staff required for a startup through growth. For example how many developers per manager, how many support staff per customer,...

asked May 27 '10 at 00:33
Blank
Ian Wilson
88 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.68K Views
Microtransaction vs Subscriptions

Instead of a monthly subscription, anyone can use the site but advance functions require credits/micropayments. For example, Basecamp - if you add more people its $2 per month per person. if you...

asked May 31 '10 at 10:11
Blank
Eric
352 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
3.04K Views
First steps to starting an LLC?

I would like to get advice from others on what steps I should take before starting an LLC. I want to offer software development services through my company, and just want some pointers on things I...

asked Apr 26 '10 at 10:44
Blank
Thomas
116 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.46K Views
Freemium in user generated content/social service?

Could freemium be a good model of earning profit from user generated content services? Let's take same hard example - www.trapster.com. It's a mobile phone application for exchanging information...

asked Apr 26 '10 at 19:05
Blank
Pawel A
191 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.61K Views
What is Required of a Microsoft Certified Partner?

The small business I work for is looking into options for obtaining MSDN licensing and I was wondering if anyone with personal experience could briefly summarize the steps and requirements in...

asked Apr 27 '10 at 13:15
Blank
Nathan Taylor
111 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.8K Views
VC funding and determination of a revenue model

In a recent group chat hosted by Joel Spolsky regarding the Stackoverflow Series A funding round, Spolsky was asked: "How do you envision making a profit?" to which Spolsky replied: "...the...

asked May 8 '10 at 11:06
Blank
Howie
148 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2K Views
Whether the idea that selling some digital images feasible?

Several months ago, my girlfriend wanted to make a custom photo calendar(that's something that you can put your photos with some edition on a calendar). And we search for some tools for this kind...

asked May 9 '10 at 22:14
Blank
Byang
130 points

9 Votes
4 Answers
3.23K Views
Making money out of a free and open-source application

I've been working on a free and open-source wiki application since 2006 (that's 4 years!), and now my startup has taken over the development. Well, at least "officially". We make several thousands...

asked Apr 5 '10 at 23:17
Blank
Deleted
655 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.24K Views
Social-Networking Business Models

What business models exist for social-network type startups? I'm looking for revenue streams other than the standard advertising model. What types of perks/features are members willing to pay a...

asked Apr 10 '10 at 05:29
Blank
Paul
138 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.37K Views
How many visistors to get a business going?

I know that this question depends on what kind of business one is in. But if you where to get a healthy business out of a website based on advertising how many monthly users would you need to...

asked Mar 9 '10 at 07:59
Blank
Thom Pete
1,296 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.87K Views
What is Posterous' business model?

I've started using Posterous a few days ago for my personal blog and was wondering what was their plan to monetize their service. They don't advertise on their hosted blogs and do not offer a...

asked Mar 2 '10 at 07:02
Blank
Olivier Lalonde
2,753 points

6 Votes
5 Answers
5.95K Views
I'd like to know if owners of sites like Onstartups.com and Startups.com have any revenue off of these websites?

and if not is there a possibility of having revenue from a site like this one?

asked Nov 7 '09 at 17:06
Blank
Arman Arami
399 points

5 Votes
8 Answers
3.02K Views
Startup Business Model - infinite partners

Here is my weird idea about startup Business Model. Facebook, Twitter and most of all other web startups valuation is based on number of users. Then why user don't get cut? What if you give cut to...

asked Oct 29 '09 at 00:49
Blank
Web Thinker
430 points