Business Plan Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
Importance of a balance sheet in startup business plans?

I'm building a business and financial plan for a new startup. A financial advisor mentioned to me that a balance sheet for a startup is not mandatory as (in his words): "it is more important from...

asked Mar 4 '13 at 21:38
Blank
Josh
11 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.81K Views
How should I forecast numbers in the business plan?

After searching and referencing many types of business plans I am trying to figure out how to forecast my competitors profits to demonstrate the potential profit for the company. However, I am...

asked Feb 12 '13 at 06:23
Blank
Matt 2.0
188 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.21K Views
Is there a method for creating achievable financial forecasts?

Is there a method or set of methods for writing the financial forecasts and profit loss statements for the next two years of business when you have never actually traded? These documents are often...

asked Feb 4 '13 at 14:46
Blank
Matthew
63 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.26K Views
Identify the different points of view that an investor will have for a new business

I am currently trying to create from scratch a new business. Is a high cost start business and I dont have the necessary funds, only the information of how to do it, that means from the customers...

asked Jan 16 '13 at 02:52
Blank
Voislav Sauca
83 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
3.17K Views
What is a roll-out plan?

What is a roll-out plan? I tried searching on Google, but without much success. I found http://www.project-open.org/en/tutorial_rollout_plan, but I still don't understand what a roll-out plan is...

asked Dec 31 '12 at 22:42
Blank
Sorin Trimbitas
128 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.8K Views
Expat looking to create a Tech Startup

I am considering starting a Tech focused startup. I am married to a German and currently live in Germany but I am a US citizen. I am wondering where is the best place to register a new company, if...

asked Jan 4 '13 at 07:13
Blank
Motleydev
8 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.47K Views
What are the pros and cons of having a business model - snatching other businesses existing customers, just a month before renewal?

What are the pros and cons of having a business model - snatching other businesses existing customers, especially a month or two before they renew with them? Is there any business term for what I...

asked Dec 15 '12 at 17:20
Blank
Anilkumble789
6 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.15K Views
Projecting Sales for Web Dev Business Plan

I am putting together a business plan for my Web Development startup. Cost of materials, marketing, etc. are the easy (fixed or one-time cost) parts - but I am trying to figure out how to create a...

asked Dec 18 '12 at 09:00
Blank
Itamar
116 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.47K Views
Do people consider gamification a feature, business concept, or strategy?

I took a course on gamification it cleared a lot of thing up but I'm still confuse. A gamified app or website has to be build from ground up through the lens of a game designer. So, I think is a...

asked Dec 23 '12 at 13:33
Blank
Zapoo
303 points

-1 Votes
1 Answers
1.8K Views
Business Entity for Partnership question, or Unincorporated Business?

I'm planning on registering for a reseller's permit and it's telling me to register for a business entity. Currently I have a friend who wants to start something with me. Is it a good idea to do...

asked Dec 27 '12 at 08:54
Blank
Andrewliu
101 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.62K Views
Do startups generally have a specific road map in place?

This question may not belong here, for that I apologize in advance. I work with my father at his small company that he started. About 5 years ago is when he moved into his first physical location....

asked Dec 7 '12 at 06:49
Blank
Tbowman
217 points

2 Votes
6 Answers
2.9K Views
Is it that way too early to start a business?

I have been sharing my thoughts for getting into some business, with some of my friends & colleagues, but all I get from them is 'Disappointment' & advice like "It's too early for you to do...

asked Nov 16 '12 at 21:50
Blank
Venkatesh
14 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
4.48K Views
How to Research and Determine Total Available Market (TAM) and Serviceable Available Market (SAM)

I'm working on the executive summary for my website idea and need to figure out the total market capitalization for the this industry. For example, if all the yearly advertising (and other)...

asked Oct 21 '12 at 11:42
Blank
User19815
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
How could I validate a product that saves large SaaS biz money on bandwith?

My business idea deals with compressing the traffic coming out of web apps to the client. I can show the bandwidth differences with and without my software. How do I know validate if companies...

asked Sep 30 '12 at 12:42
Blank
New Alexandria
221 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
51.3K Views
How do I estimate the cost of utilities for a 2500 sqft office?

I'm putting together a business plan for a startup, and I need to provide an estimate for utility costs. For my plan, this is an office of 12 employees with an average of 2 CPU's per workstation....

asked Aug 14 '12 at 12:32
Blank
Erick Robertson
106 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.65K Views
What type of businesses should not be ventured in a poor country where labor is cheap?

In developed countries, people are generally very busy and somewhat solvent. So, someone can start a company that produces, for example, packed-sandwiches. But, in a poor country, people are not...

asked Aug 2 '12 at 02:08
Blank
Broy
103 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
Approaching Angels by E-Mail - How much information should I expose?

I consider contacting a few potential angel investors through E-mail, for my yet to be founded startup. My Executive Summary is ready to be sent, but I'm wondering if its safe to send it right...

asked Jul 22 '12 at 02:51
Blank
Orchestrator
149 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.85K Views
Amortizing a an asset purchase

I'm writing a business plan. In the first year of operation I'm spending a big amount on machines. This skewed my P&L because I'm paying them in installments. Do I amortize them in my business...

asked Jun 17 '12 at 01:52
Blank
Random Joe
3 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.36K Views
Starting to write a business plan before becoming a company

I'm starting to write a business plan for a possible future startup. We're still not a company and we're pretty much in garage-mode still holding to our day jobs. I was looking at example business...

asked Jun 22 '12 at 00:06
Blank
Orchestrator
149 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.38K Views
Do I really need a One Page Business Plan?

I've already written a full business plan, but what is the purpose of a "one page business plan?" What's the difference between it and an executive summary? Do I really need one?

asked Jun 6 '12 at 04:06
Blank
Rohit
26 points