Business Plan Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.99K Views
For an educational services startup, how do you finalize your business plan and marketing strategy?

We are trying to target the education sector for our business, we are developing the resources with the following features: Interactive animation for subject content Examination Tracking system...

asked Sep 13 '11 at 17:51
Blank
Darshan Joshi
154 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.91K Views
How do you get immediate information about a product launch announcement?

How to be one of the first few to get the information of any product launch announcement? How does the release or launch of any upcoming product or service get into the news?

asked Sep 13 '11 at 22:43
Blank
Web2jeet
96 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Approach Investor without business plan but you are building what he said he would invest in?

I was just watching some interview of an investor. I was shocked to hear when he described the idea he would invest in is very similar if not exact thing to what we are developing. He said send me...

asked Aug 27 '11 at 15:28
Blank
Gagan
150 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.36K Views
What's In a Business Plan and Do I Really Need One

Business plans cause a lot of anxiety for the new entrepreneur. I think it stems from the fact that they are a lot of work and putting one together, especially if you have never done one, is...

asked Aug 31 '11 at 01:26
Blank
Jarie Bolander
11,421 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.99K Views
How should I spend my limited financial capability to gain momentum in my startup?

I am a start up, with no office. fairly new to Canada with no financial records. No website (only Domain name). Working from a rented room. I registered my company. Imported a small stock that is...

asked Aug 19 '11 at 13:23
Blank
Ramzi
26 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.13K Views
What is the canonical answer to "If we can get only x% of this y$ market" where x is a very small number and y a very big one?

One often sees business plans or pitches along the lines of "yeah we're going after a well-entrenched market, but it's a very big one and we need to get only x% of it to be profitable" where x is...

asked Aug 2 '11 at 05:27
Blank
Lindelof
126 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
6.35K Views
Where do I find company information for revenue projections?

I'd like to get the information for Groupon or another web 2.0 company to see their revenue, subscriber, traffic, etc. curves for our business plan financial projections. They are a close model to...

asked Aug 7 '11 at 03:04
Blank
Kirk Strobeck
80 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.38K Views
Should a free listing in a niche directory include full features?

I have built my own web directory for a niche business market. The directory is still in its early days. I have currently kept the basic plan completely free and I am not restricting the...

asked Aug 9 '11 at 14:10
Blank
User12567
24 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.56K Views
Calculating a company's market share without data?

I am working on a start-up, about a software programme, in the Augmented Reality industry and I have no clue about the number of sales of competitors or about their overall profit, so that I can...

asked Aug 9 '11 at 20:16
Blank
Nosuic
118 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.49K Views
Start a web designing Company or Just bea Freelancer & go for a full time l Job ? I am in Big Dilemma

I have just finished my Degree in BTech in Electronics& Communications few months back and i am a enthusiastic Web designer so after my Degree in B Tech i started do a freelancing web designing...

asked Jul 23 '11 at 00:47
Blank
Panindra
108 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.25K Views
What Factors to Consider When Projecting Growth?

What factors should I take into account and what assumptions should I make when projecting user-base growth? Also, does anyone know where I can find growth rates for companies like: linkedin,...

asked Jul 26 '11 at 23:19
Blank
Danj0
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.9K Views
What are key difference in the way SMEs and big companies buy IT solutions?

I am looking for reports/articles/research on how SMEs and big companies differ in their approach for finding and buying IT solutions. I would expect that ROI and the cost of the ownership play...

asked Jul 3 '11 at 21:50
Blank
Skarab
106 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
4.72K Views
Guide on writing a good business plan for a technology startup

I'm looking for advice on writing a business plan for a VC or Angel investor in the technology field. What are they looking for in a business plan/pitch? There are some good basic guides on...

asked Jul 4 '11 at 08:37
Blank
Hisnameisjimmy
126 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
3.64K Views
How to bootstrap a portal?

I want to start a property portal but I dont have huge ad budget to get traffic for listing then how do I get my first listing on the portal? If people come on my property portal through ads or...

asked Jun 22 '11 at 00:56
Blank
Yuvraj
57 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
How much equity is a business plan worth?

Say one person comes up with the idea for a startup, and spends a significant amount of time over 2 years developing the business plan. That person then asks others to join the startup as...

asked Jun 23 '11 at 00:32
Blank
A Fake Username
86 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.89K Views
www.scribd.com type business model

I had used Scribd.com and in order to download anything they asked to upload and share something or pay for the download --- Now I feel this is a good business model especially when you are a...

asked Jun 5 '11 at 05:34
Blank
Yuvraj
57 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
1.98K Views
Business plan with failure scenarios

I am helping a friend with some short to medium term scenarios/ projections for a business plan. I worked out some failure scenarios as in if the business folds in 6 months we will be able to...

asked Jun 7 '11 at 20:04
Blank
Gerhard
150 points

8 Votes
6 Answers
3.18K Views
What should I have in my Business Plan?

I am looking to start a business, however I have no capitol of my own, no prospects of friends or colleagues to help with financing and no idea how to find investors. My plan is to focus on my...

asked Jun 10 '11 at 00:26
Blank
Sonny Ordell
197 points

2 Votes
9 Answers
3.82K Views
What does it really take to make an MMORPG/Where should I go from here?

So this morning I'm taking a shower, when suddenly I have an epiphany! The greatest idea I ever had, and it's about a dynamic 3D persistent-world MMORPG that breaks from the classic MMO in all...

asked May 28 '11 at 03:49
Blank
Caleb Jares
116 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
2.1K Views
How do you maximize the opportunity for a "purchase from competitor" exit strategy?

In the development of a solid business plan -- whether written for a formal purpose or as an internal document to focus the activities of the leadership -- there is the identification of the...

asked Jun 2 '11 at 04:22
Blank
Joseph Barisonzi
12,141 points