Business Process Questions

12 Votes
1 Answers
3.47K Views
Question on lean startup approach

I am coming across a lot of material (blogs, books and videos) about lean startup. The overall approach is nothing new but the availability of a lot more details, case studies and statistics are...

asked Dec 1 '10 at 02:45
Blank
Birender Saini
271 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.73K Views
Operations - Developing Processes for a startup

I'd like to know if anyone can recommend, a book, a blog, a document, heck even a contact who has some solid experience in developing business processes. Our company is pretty small, we are 6...

asked Nov 5 '10 at 10:58
Blank
Danny
113 points

7 Votes
1 Answers
4.31K Views
How does a business owner take money out of their business

Let's say I own a business selling widgets on the web. I'm incorporated, most likely an LLC. The business is doing really well and there is a lot of cash flow. Since I'm separated from the business...

asked Oct 9 '10 at 06:17
Blank
Keith
138 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.76K Views
SaaS Startups: When Should You Separate User Controls To Web?

I am currently doing a SaaS startup. Basically, I have a Java application in which the user does the work. The work is saved on server, and jobs are run on the server. I was originally thinking...

asked Oct 6 '10 at 11:33
Blank
Kim Jong Woo
644 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
3.9K Views
How can I prepare an invoice from the command line?

Making invoices in Openoffice, and saving as a PDF file is annoying and taking too long. Is there any command-line software for Linux that can generate a high quality PDF invoice?

asked Dec 18 '09 at 10:58
Blank
Steve Hanov
596 points

7 Votes
5 Answers
2.85K Views
What have you done to ensure your entity functions after departure/death/incapacitation of a principal?

This is a question that was mostly theoretical for me until now. I just found out that the owner of a small company I did freelance work tragically died recently in a small plane accident. (His...

asked Dec 1 '09 at 07:00
Blank
Tim J
8,346 points