Business Questions

Increase your odds of business success: start with good people, make something customers actually want, and spend as little money as possible.

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.45K Views
Tried and tested businesses that require little to no capital investment?

What are some types of businesses that are known to generate money which require little to no investment to start?

asked Mar 8 '14 at 13:59
Blank
Robert Creswell
55 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
4.35K Views
Lifestyle businesses vs funded startups?

What are some pros and cons to each? There are a few lifestyle businesses that seem to have grown huge without any funding. WikiHow is one such example.Why would you choose one over the other?

asked Mar 6 '14 at 18:00
Blank
Jonathan Thompson
20 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.04K Views
We're two engineers, do we need a business oriented founder?

We are a team of two engineers creating our first SaaS startup. Should we spend time finding someone to better guide the ship from the business end? We haven't raised any money yet but looking...

asked Feb 26 '14 at 00:46
Blank
Leeann Rodriquez
35 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.98K Views
What's the biggest mistake you've made running your startup?

We all talk about what works, would love hear what didn't for others. I feel there is insight to be had, maybe even more valuable, to avoid making mistakes others have made already. So what was...

asked Feb 3 '14 at 10:37
Blank
Levi Bowen
11 points

42 Votes
15 Answers
12.2K Views
How much does physical appearance matter for becoming a successful entrepreneur?

I am in my late 20s with physical height of 4 feet 10 inches (147.3 cm) only and interested to start my business. I look fine but I don't look like "The man" or "The CEO". Most successful...

asked May 2 '11 at 08:05
Blank
M G
216 points

-3 Votes
1 Answers
2.24K Views
Starting a business outside U.S

To avoid the hostile taxation and business code in the U.S. I was thinking of possibly starting a non-US based company (I did a little research a while back on some good places but forgot now)....

asked Feb 9 '12 at 14:18
Blank
Uiy
106 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.45K Views
Self-employed, no completed projects yet: can I write my laptop off my taxes?

I've recently started working on a couple of software projects that I hope will generate income in 2014. I eventually want to form an LLC, but I'll probably end up doing that closer to completion...

asked Dec 10 '13 at 19:30
Blank
Archagon
111 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.8K Views
Owning 50% of a Controlled Foreign Corporation (CFC)

I am resident in the USA. If I hold 50% shares on a foreign corporation in a beneficial tax regime, according to the US CFC rules I will own a controlled foreign corporation (CFC). Would I be...

asked Nov 29 '13 at 09:58
Blank
User29838
1 point

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.66K Views
How to start an IT company with no IT experience

I do not have solid IT experience, such as in development and delivery of IT enterprise solutions/projects, but I do have experience in developing small applications. I have experience in Hardware,...

asked Dec 1 '13 at 21:11
Blank
User29862
1 point

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.16K Views
Two new "business minded" devs - Do we need a Hustler?

I am working on a hardware-software combo B2B startup in Seattle. We've only been around for 2 weeks on a part-time basis. We are two somewhat experienced software/web devs. Together we secured a...

asked Dec 4 '13 at 14:45
Blank
User2990504
21 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.16K Views
bussiness valuation and equity meaning

I watch a lot of Shark Tank and Dragon's Den and I was wondering what are the consequence to give away lower equity than expected? For instance, let's say my company value is 200k and I'm offering...

asked Dec 6 '13 at 12:34
Blank
Julian Livin' In China
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.43K Views
Agreement template for software development between two partners

Monicka here, Am new to this site so don't know right format to ask question so please help this young entrepreneur. We are having a software service provider company. going to develop a software...

asked Nov 12 '13 at 21:49
Blank
Monicka Akilan
101 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2K Views
How to pitch a software idea to a potential employer?

I, as a software engineer, got contacter by a company to interview with them. I got the first "get to know each other + coding test" stage easily. During the itw, I realized they are making a...

asked Nov 17 '13 at 07:41
Blank
Riton La Joie
16 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.46K Views
What should I get for my new business and should I wait until the new year to get it?

I have been working on something that has in the past been considered more of hobby. A couple months ago I got laid off from my full time job and have had a lot of time to devote to this venture. I...

asked Nov 18 '13 at 07:41
Blank
User29698
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.38K Views
Best software product to sell?

This is for my university research task. What do you think will be the most successful software product (not service) in the Indian software industry? And how will that product be customised to...

asked Nov 19 '13 at 19:00
Blank
Magakriv
4 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.21K Views
How do Car / Ride Sharing websites make their money

Car / Lift / Ride Sharing websites are all over the net these days, and they all seem to be offering free registration, free searching, and free information on those offering rides. (e.g. BlaBlaCar...

asked Oct 5 '13 at 06:48
Blank
Ciwan
103 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.16K Views
Do subscription websites require a DBA?

I have a content website I will begin charging a monthly subscription fee for soon. The receipt the members receive each month will have the website's name on it, my name is not in the website name...

asked Oct 9 '13 at 23:09
Blank
Chad
108 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.42K Views
How should I reply to important people for my company if they write their emails unprofessionally?

I have received and email from a potentially important person for my company. I don't mean the daily spam. I mean verified bigger company CEO. And this email is written in a style you would expect...

asked Oct 15 '13 at 19:59
Blank
111 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.24K Views
How can I work out how much my mobile app is worth from these earning figures?

A CEO of a bigger company has contact me today asking if I am interesting in selling my Android application. He is asking for the numbers straight away and how much I want to sell it for. The app...

asked Oct 16 '13 at 01:06
Blank
111 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
9.08K Views
In a Tax form, what is a DBA?

I am filling up the $800 LLC annual tax form for California and I am not sure what to include in the DBA. I think it means "Doing Business As" but is that just the name of the company again?

asked Oct 18 '13 at 03:47
Blank
Ayrton Senna
124 points