Clients Questions

7 Votes
4 Answers
3.72K Views
How to start getting B2B leads/clients?

What is a good way to start drumming up business for B2B? I've thought of a few ways such as joining the local chamber of commerce for the city i'm targeting (with the intent of getting to know the...

asked Aug 31 '11 at 08:04
Blank
Dustin Davis
272 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.97K Views
Dealing with clients that start consulting project later than scheduled?

I sometimes provide on-site ruby on rails consulting that clients book in advance.How do I deal with clients that commit to a time slot and when that time comes, they want to reschedule it for a...

asked Mar 12 '14 at 23:37
Blank
Marjorie Cowie
30 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.07K Views
How to establish a network when just starting out in a service-based business?

I am venturing to start a consulting firm that does social media marketing and content creation. Starting with nothing except my knowledge about the field, how do I create a network and establish...

asked Jun 12 '14 at 18:14
Blank
Alexandra Guerrero
12 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.86K Views
Outreach to potential customers in order to pitch consulting services?

I'm just getting started with a consulting business and don't have any clients or personal network I can tap into to get the ball rolling.Is it ok to cold-reach potential customers that fit my...

asked Sep 18 '14 at 21:44
Blank
Lorenzo Washington
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.34K Views
Burnt-out startup founder: How can I find freelance clients?

I have been doing startups for the last 6 years and have had mostly failures, and a single success. I was able to sell the one startup that succeeded for about a year's salary that I would get...

asked Jun 15 '15 at 15:58
Blank
George Kopp
12 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.58K Views
Using open source projects to get more clients?

We are a new development consulting shop and figuring out how to get new clients. There is a lot of blog posts and talk about contributing to open source and it attracts potential clients.Has...

asked Jun 1 '14 at 15:25
Blank
Bette Miller
14 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.83K Views
Consulting firms: should you NOT target startups as clients?

Should web development consulting firms try to avoid targeting startups as clients? One of the key issues with startups is funding (most don't have any) and the ones that have raised a small seed,...

asked May 30 '14 at 13:14
Blank
Arthur Baxter
7 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.65K Views
Strategies to "cold email" prospective clients?

I run a small mobile app consulting shop and filling the pipeline has become very hard. Even though the media talks about a shortage of good app developers and a high demand, I'm having a tough...

asked May 19 '14 at 20:26
Blank
Jonathan Pulley
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.7K Views
How to find your first consulting clients?

If you don't have a network which you can get referrals from, how do you find your first consulting clients for a one-person development firm?

asked May 12 '14 at 17:55
Blank
Robert Sheehan
7 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.1K Views
Attracting non-profits to use our SaaS app?

We're planning to launch our app and want to give it away for free to non-profits so that: We're giving something back to the world. We could potentially get paid clients through them via word of...

asked Mar 14 '14 at 11:21
Blank
Claire Riggio
40 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.11K Views
How many clients have you gotten off social media for your consulting business?

I do social media consulting on the side and most of my clients come from networking face to face at events.I'm wondering how many people do other consultants get right off of the social networks...

asked Mar 11 '14 at 21:11
Blank
John Knipe
25 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
6.1K Views
Getting web design clients without prior experience or portfolio?

I just began consulting on the side as a UI/UX designer so don't have a portfolio of clients. The only thing I can put in there is work I've done while being employed for a company full time.How...

asked Mar 5 '14 at 23:32
Blank
Murray Favela
55 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.77K Views
SaaS sales without sales people. How can just two hackers do it?

My co-founder and I are creating a SaaS product similar to Basecamp with our own funds. We don't have the resources to hire anyone to do sales right now. When we launch, what are some unique...

asked Feb 8 '14 at 21:00
Blank
Araki
6 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.69K Views
Trying to formalize our contracts and policies regarding software bug fixes for clients

We are a 3-person company that provides custom web application development. One of our clients in particular floods us with random change requests every single day. There is no batching of these...

asked Nov 15 '13 at 11:33
Blank
Contrazoom
186 points

8 Votes
5 Answers
8.72K Views
Should we charge the client for fixing bugs?

Our small firm provides custom web application services. We always charge on a time-and-materials basis - we simply give an estimate up front and then charge for actual hours used. One of our...

asked Oct 29 '13 at 03:37
Blank
Contrazoom
186 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.9K Views
Recognition of the needs of the majority when not being part of it (socially, intellectually,...)?

Disclaimer first: the scope of this question is not to create polemics. The question is not elitist but based on reality. I am facing this business problem: How to recognize the needs of the...

asked Aug 28 '13 at 18:03
Blank
Data Smarter
1,274 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.22K Views
Where Can I Find Clients to Offer Virtual Assistants and Project Management Services to?

Hello I own a business service support firm which overs accounting, administrative support, and project management services. Currently, we begin offering software training and solutions to...

asked Aug 21 '13 at 04:00
Blank
Te Leigha Peavy
1 point

7 Votes
4 Answers
5.87K Views
Client asking for source code

I am an online software developer who does freelancing through an online portal. I started this last year but achieved success only this year. I found a very good client who said he has a job chain...

asked Jul 21 '13 at 03:22
Blank
Super Nova
138 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
3.24K Views
as a new company how do you answer: how big is your company?

We are a relatively new and small software company, 3 years in business with 8 employees. We have been approached by a very large multinational company wanting to use our software - one of the key...

asked Mar 2 '13 at 11:54
Blank
Slee
106 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
Should I have a sales contract with my first client?

Next week I will meet with my first client to discuss a subscription with my SaaS product. I gave him the first month to test it out. During that time, he’s given me a wealth of helpful feedback...

asked Jan 25 '13 at 02:31
Blank
Ray023
198 points