Company Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
A structure for satellite companies in overseas

Our company is looking to expand its presence in overseas market. Here are some of the facts that we have: Selling a proven product in local market in overseas market. Since the requirements...

asked Jan 8 '13 at 13:33
Blank
Graviton
871 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.46K Views
C-Corp vs LLC. How much more complex?

I am starting a technology business with my 50% partner. We are trying to decide between an LLC and a C-Corp. (We are in Michigan) In our case an S-Corp probably won't work too well. I've read a...

asked Dec 5 '12 at 10:00
Blank
Thread7
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.89K Views
Downsides to setting up shell companies for sale?

I see plenty of shell companies for sale through reputable sellers: LLCs that have no tax ID number or bank account and that were established a few months to a few years ago. The market prices of...

asked Nov 3 '12 at 23:30
Blank
User6492
1,747 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.45K Views
Salary and profit distribution in game industry?

A couple years ago, I started a group/team of passionate people in game development. I was the one who had the idea to form a group that will (hopefully) later be a company/real studio. I was the...

asked Oct 9 '12 at 19:12
Blank
Drowneath
21 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
How to solicit opinions about my chosen company name

I think that I've found the right company name, but I'm not sure about it. I'll like to hear others opinion, and I don't know how to do it in order to protect the domanin name and to get...

asked Oct 15 '12 at 02:31
Blank
Ctp
14 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.57K Views
How the director's should share the ownership

In a company with two directors, one is to be the head. Is it necessary that the head must have more shares as compared to the other for exercising his powers. Does a share ratio of 51:49 serves...

asked Sep 24 '12 at 22:14
Blank
Gpuguy
102 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.53K Views
Starting an Australian company while living abroad?

How can an Australian citizen (or two) set up a company in Australia while living overseas? Is it possible to pay a professional (e.g. lawyer/accountant) to fulfill the requirements of having "at...

asked Sep 30 '12 at 08:25
Blank
Nomadhacker
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
4.08K Views
How to incorporate a Delaware C-Corp for a startup with two founders?

My co-founder and I recently went through the process of incorporation. I just got back the documents for the filing of a Delaware C-Corp and noticed my lawyer setup my co-founder as director and...

asked Sep 1 '12 at 08:40
Blank
Rjgonzo
157 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.19K Views
How to bill customers in US/UK without having a company there?

I want to create a startup for US/UK based people, and then expand it to more countries. I am a self-employed/freelancer in Spain. I need to be able to bill my customers by credit card, so people...

asked Sep 5 '12 at 19:11
Blank
Alexandru Trandafir Catalin
157 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.2K Views
Can a person have the title of CEO if their company is unlicensed?

Just the question. I have a "company" which is basically just an online identity and is completely unlicensed (for the time being). Can I actually call myself the "CEO" of the company if it is...

asked Sep 15 '12 at 17:40
Blank
Abluescarab
103 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.78K Views
Keep a company no longer active

Is it wise to keep a company that will no longer have any activity? and file zeroes on all its tax returns? Dissolving it might incur a higher one time cost. The company in question is a delaware c...

asked Sep 16 '12 at 05:56
Blank
James
6 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.18K Views
Why should I create LLC company?

I confess I don't quite understand the logic behind creating LLC company.. What are the befenits? Should I do this now that my product(website) is still in development?

asked Aug 11 '12 at 00:26
Blank
Edwin Soho
30 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.55K Views
Problem with Companies House agent

I'm really disappointed about services provided by the CH agent that registered my ltd in the UK. At the beginning, they misspelled my name and didn't answer to my e-mails regarding this issue....

asked Jun 6 '12 at 02:36
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.96K Views
When must I turn my business idea into a formal Company?

I'm a programmer, I have an idea, I know how to implement it, it will be a website, and that site will be my business. My question is very basic: where in timeline must I register my business as...

asked Jun 7 '12 at 10:26
Blank
Sony Santos
131 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
7.03K Views
What sort of business type is a video game company? Manufacturing?

I am a college student and I am supposed to be creating a business plan for a school project. I decided to create a faux video game company in order to satisfy the criteria of the project, but I've...

asked Jun 8 '12 at 08:22
Blank
Nicholas Coovert
3 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.03K Views
Another company to manage activities of other company

I'm wondering if there is any limit of activities another company could carry out for my company? I have a limited company in the UK, live outside the UK, and would like another company or a...

asked Jun 9 '12 at 08:25
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.89K Views
The correct prefix for a UK UTR?

What's the correct country code/prefix for a UK unique taxpayer reference I should give in an invoice when supplying services overseas? I suppose it's simply UK, but I couldn't find anything about...

asked Jun 12 '12 at 04:29
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.2K Views
Company Names and Websites

I have been running a website for a month or so and as I now have some revenue coming through it, I have registered a limited company. The company name is different from my website name, as I...

asked May 9 '12 at 16:51
Blank
Gary
11 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.81K Views
How to register an IT company in USA?

My brother-in-law in India wants to open(register) an IT company in US. Is that possible? How? And if now, then I'm here in US with a student visa. Can I register an IT company in USA and help...

asked May 18 '12 at 04:19
Blank
Jigar Brahmbhatt
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.95K Views
Using Domain name in EULA of a software rather than my name in the Licensor field

I intend to sell a software solution.I have already registered a domain but i dont have a registered company.Can i use my website/domain name eg:myproduct.com for the licensor field in the EULA...

asked Apr 6 '12 at 13:37
Blank
User17330
18 points