Company Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.36K Views
How to calculate a company market value?

When an investor invests in a start up company, the investor will also ask how do you estimate the company's market value. How do you calculate this value? Does it require some professional...

asked Apr 8 '12 at 00:22
Blank
Ted Wong
171 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.25K Views
Should I change my domain name if there is a company with the same name?

I recently registered a co.uk domain name which I was hoping to use as the site for an e-commerce business. After registering I checked companies house and found there is already a registered Ltd....

asked Apr 12 '12 at 00:00
Blank
User20236
133 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.34K Views
Frozen Homemade Food Business

I want to start up a frozen homemade food business. The food/meal should be just like we make at home. The sale will be like membership on the website. For example someone will buy dinner for 1...

asked Mar 24 '12 at 20:00
Blank
Ela Oktay
11 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
4.52K Views
Semicolon in company name?

I have a great idea for a company name, but it requires the semicolon character ; in order to work. Do you think it would be possible to have a semicolon in the company name? I know...

asked Mar 16 '12 at 01:07
Blank
Eero Heikkinen
118 points

8 Votes
5 Answers
3.3K Views
Should I quit the company I founded?

I will try to make this short. About nine months ago my ex boss offered to invest in a company for me. Our relationship even when it was not romantic was deeply emotional. I care a lot about him as...

asked Feb 12 '12 at 08:40
Blank
Jessica
41 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.42K Views
A day in the life of a CEO

Does anyone know of a book that details the typical day to day routine of a CEO of a company? We all know the high level duties that a CEO must perform, but then I have yet to find good...

asked Feb 19 '12 at 16:04
Blank
Kamikaze Pilot
253 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.49K Views
Can I myself have two contracts with my own UK ltd company?

I'm soon going to register a limited company in the UK. I know that any ltd company is a separate entity, and if I want to get paid from the company I'll have to be employed as its director....

asked Feb 5 '12 at 08:43
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.33K Views
Registering a company in India with multiple activities

I am from Chennai, India. I'm planning to start a few different websites in sectors like recruitment, social networking, health care, IT solutions, matrimony, real estate, promotion of products,...

asked Feb 8 '12 at 07:01
Blank
Radha
1 point

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.97K Views
How to verify online companies

Assume that I would like to join an affiliate network, but I can't find any reviews of them and Alexa shows that their domain exist for 2 months. In this case I should probably wait until they gain...

asked Feb 10 '12 at 00:28
Blank
Gury Max
23 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
5.33K Views
How to kick out useless person in startup

Our startup has a person who holds a very high percentage of the company's common stock. We don't have any money yet, and we've been working for a year. This guy has done an extremely minimal...

asked Jan 27 '12 at 10:16
Blank
Pasham
26 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.24K Views
What actions are associated with registering a company/software name?

I live in Austria, Europe. I am a software developer and I would like to distribute my software under the name of my company. So I consider the following: I might want to register the name for...

asked Jan 23 '12 at 02:38
Blank
Martin
130 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
does anybody know of a non-us country with low cost of incorporation

so from what I've seen the US offers quite low incorporation cost (it appears that you can form an LLC just by a few hundred dollars) my question is, is there any other country that satisfy these...

asked Dec 31 '11 at 20:32
Blank
Kamikaze Pilot
253 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.44K Views
Is it considered legal forming a business through your parents?

I'm 15, and an enthusiast programmer, I've built loads of web based applications, some of which have even been called useful after demo'ing them to others, apps that have not been created (atleast...

asked Dec 22 '11 at 01:53
Blank
Karan K
26 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.97K Views
Choosing a company name

Location: UK I'm thinking about going freelance and having a decent name, and in near future probably convert to a Limited company. However I found on businesslink.gov.uk that the company name is...

asked Dec 25 '11 at 11:40
Blank
Klj613
36 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.85K Views
What are the steps needed for registering/startup a software company?

I have been working fulltime w/o pay developing my iPhone app, now it's closing to the release time and I think it's about the time start my own company. I wonder if anyone can provide some...

asked Dec 4 '11 at 18:33
Blank
Tom
197 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.27K Views
Small App Development company with only 1 other person. Is it an LLC or Corp or

I am trying to start up a two person company for App Development. However I want to make this "professional". I don't know if I'm supposed to register my company or how to even start. Am I an LLC...

asked Dec 5 '11 at 16:41
Blank
E Gamer Hdk
28 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
1.69K Views
What to put in to a company pitch?

We have a project we've been working on as a side project (Web based education and training application) for a few months as more of a hobby than anything. Recently we were approached by someone...

asked Dec 1 '11 at 18:11
Blank
Cubed Eye
150 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
4.8K Views
How to register LLC in USA or LTD in UK and bank account, for foreigner?

I am from Serbia, Europe (Not Europe Union country). I develop Android apps and would like to sell them on Android market. I can not register for Google merchant account from Serbia so I need...

asked Nov 8 '11 at 01:08
Blank
Saša Šijak
28 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
Can we set NewCo's initial valuation at zero?

Background : Company A has developed a software product. Revenue is about $8K per month; margin is about 75% (after royalties). Debt owed to angel and family/friends investors is about $550K. The...

asked Nov 9 '11 at 09:50
Blank
Starting Fresh
11 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.93K Views
Not going to earn from it(for now) - Do I need to create a company?

I am launching a used book buy/selling platform website for students where they can buy/sell from each other (direct buy/sell no commissions to the website). I don't have ads on my websites as of...

asked Nov 13 '11 at 23:21
Blank
D Min
116 points