Company Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.85K Views
Will my company be worth more if...?

I have got an idea which is new in concept and is based on the cellular market. I am a programmer, an animator and I can do graphics and presentations. I am definitely NOT a business man, and for...

asked Oct 28 '11 at 07:10
Blank
Ted
118 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.9K Views
Does going Public make the CEO lose his "full control" over the company?

I could not understand why does a company (hint: Facebook) not want to go public. I can understand that it is important for a CEO to have full control of a company, but if the company hands off...

asked Sep 22 '11 at 13:45
Blank
Pacerier
317 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.75K Views
Diluting stock of a company

How would one go about Diluting stock in company and what are the most common situations where dilution occurs?

asked Sep 23 '11 at 02:25
Blank
Mat Banik
325 points

6 Votes
4 Answers
1.96K Views
How to start hiring people effectively?

Okay, this is not a typical question, but applies in a specific case. Starting out as a freelancer, most of us spend a lot of time in picking up necessary skills and building out a set of happy...

asked Mar 29 '11 at 01:45
Blank
Roopesh Shenoy
141 points

7 Votes
8 Answers
3.11K Views
Should give 20% of my start-up away to a high profile UX academic?

I'm in the process of registering a company for my start up. I've been developing the concept 60 hours a week for the past 6 months. I've attracted the interest of a high profile UX academic that...

asked Sep 6 '11 at 16:48
Blank
Nathan Keller
138 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.55K Views
Novice questions on starting a business

Lets pretend I'm starting an on line company which sells email accounts; I have some (probably laughable) questions because I'm new to this: Do I have to register as a business with Companies...

asked Sep 10 '11 at 23:45
Blank
Jwbensley
113 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.54K Views
How does a US Citizen living in Europe register an US based LLC from Europe?

I am a US citizen currently living in Poland (EU state) and would like to register a US based LLC from here. Is this possible? If so: How? How much is the cost? What are the positives &...

asked Sep 2 '11 at 20:35
Blank
Psylohi
108 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
5.14K Views
How to determine share value for a new company?

I'm in the process of setting up a company, and am trying to figure out what numbers to put in the Share Structure Table in the company registration form (download here ). I will be the sole...

asked Aug 4 '11 at 12:59
Blank
Greg Sansom
130 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
How to Manage two companies with diffferent investors?

I work for my father and his partner for one Home Health (company A) in city C which has been running for 5 years now. My father, me and a few other people have setup another Home Health company B...

asked Jul 15 '11 at 06:25
Blank
Faisal Ali
11 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.3K Views
Is it possible to start a company virtually?

I plan to start a web project which will be an advertising company. Providing a service where a publisher and advertiser can connect with each other and start the ads posting agreement. Something...

asked Jul 15 '11 at 19:33
Blank
Simplyme
186 points

7 Votes
5 Answers
3.58K Views
Developer Working for future equity

I've read similar questions but like anyone asking a question I think my situation is different. My background: I've been working full time since 06 and currently work as a Sr. Developer on a...

asked May 26 '11 at 05:59
Blank
Josh
36 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.6K Views
Hiring an employee in the USA

We're an Israeli Company that wants to expand to the USA, we have already close the commercial details with a very experienced executive in the USA, now we have to decide how we can hire him, we...

asked May 12 '11 at 23:01
Blank
David
16 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.52K Views
Why do some companies purchase goods from a trading company or agent rather than direct from manufacturers?

Possible Duplicate: What factors will you consider when choosing a purchasing agent in China? I am a purchasing agent and work for some American and British trading companies. They get orders...

asked May 7 '11 at 19:23
Blank
Steven
1 point

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.2K Views
Made an error on incorporation, what do I need to do to ammend it?

We (me and my partner) recently incorporated as a Limited By Shares company (Ltd). Stupidly, when filling out the forms we put down 1m shares with nominal value at £1 thinking these were just...

asked May 10 '11 at 06:27
Blank
Tom
480 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.25K Views
How to count a company's margin?

I have an internet site. I don't sell anything and the current revenue is from ads. There are other, smaller revenue streams, but lets just focus on ads. Does the concept of a "margin" even apply...

asked May 10 '11 at 13:35
Blank
Genadinik
1,821 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.9K Views
What would a company need in terms of human communication?

I've not worked in a company(i'm a student), but since i have been doing some collaboration with people(for projects and papers), i've noticed that one of the most, if not the most, important thing...

asked Apr 28 '11 at 05:40
Blank
Spyros P
132 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.33K Views
Getting a place to live while starting a company

How do most startup founders manage to get landlords to allow them to rent property while they are in the process of starting a company, and stable revenue has not struck in yet?

asked Apr 10 '11 at 22:55
Blank
Kamikaze Pilot
253 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.48K Views
Silicon Valley vs NYC for tech startup

So the startup culture and ecosystem is also emerging in NYC...how would you compare the ecosystem between NYC and Silicon Valley, what the pros and cons of each is and what can one offer that the...

asked Mar 28 '11 at 15:22
Blank
Kamikaze Pilot
253 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.16K Views
If my company is in Australia, I sell into anywhere and the work is done anywhere who's taxes should apply?

Basically as the title suggests, the tax situation is getting grayer over time as new business models emerge. We are considering one where the app is hosted "somewhere", the company is currently...

asked Mar 16 '11 at 12:18
Blank
Robin Vessey
8,394 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.68K Views
Beside the copyright issue, what kind of risks I need to notice on making a web apps(eg. fb apps)

I'm developing a facebook game, at the very beginning, my will is trying to launch the game asap, after a month coding, I finish 70% coding of my game, and the rest part are images, then 2 of my...

asked Mar 19 '11 at 03:50
Blank
Facebook 100000781341887
8 points