Conferences Questions

3 Votes
6 Answers
3.58K Views
Where can I get logod schwag (tshirts, footballs, office balls, even foozies) printed?

I want to get a bunch of logod schwag printed as part of our promotional plans. Some of the things I want are: Tshirts Full size footballs smaller nurf/soft footballs other balls that can be...

asked Dec 18 '09 at 07:33
Blank
Jer Levine
173 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.63K Views
Where do you go for naming resources help?

We are working on a site which will basically be an event directory/ aggregator for tech and business events, conferences, workshops, etc. Focused on tech events. We don't have the money to...

asked May 16 '10 at 12:08
Blank
Jessica
11 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.98K Views
Do you get paid to speak in events?

When your startup is successful, and you are invited to speak in events, do you get paid generally? Or, if you are invited to speak in a conference, do you ask for money? If yes, how much on...

asked Sep 29 '13 at 11:58
Blank
Victor
593 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.75K Views
Is it a Good Idea to promote your website at tech conferences like SXSW, Web 2.0?

My friend and I are about to launch our website in 6 weeks. We do not have a company registered yet. We are working on full time jobs and plan to set up a company once our website launches and...

asked Mar 14 '12 at 02:21
Blank
Raj
24 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.18K Views
Startup Events where new applications can be demo'd

I know there are bunch of conferences where you can demo your application to a wider audience. e.g Techcrunch, demo.com, launch.com etc Is there any site that maintains a calendar of all these...

asked Dec 8 '11 at 09:50
Blank
Nilesh
420 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.82K Views
What to do at a conference if I am thinking of a future product?

I am planning to attend a conference in my area of expertise, and I am also planning to develop a software product in this area. The software product is probably a year or so away, so I am...

asked Aug 12 '11 at 02:58
Blank
Samik R
101 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
Importance of a Conference and Networking

I've recently started a start-up in the poker sector and will be launching a product we've been working on for around 8 months this coming week. I am going to be contacting bloggers, and other...

asked Aug 6 '11 at 00:42
Blank
Nextgenneo
327 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.31K Views
How should one prepare for a screening interview with startup conference officials?

If an individual is contacted by startup conference (eg TechCrunch Disrupt/DEMO/Launch) officials considering about their application to launch at the event, how should the person prepare for the...

asked Jun 8 '11 at 03:05
Blank
Geekette
6 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.45K Views
Are there any good conference/event planning services?

does anyone know any good services that can help to plan and manage conferences and other type of events? Especially twitter/facebook oriented. I had to organize a small con recently, and couldn't...

asked Mar 18 '11 at 23:35
Blank
Riz
8 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.81K Views
What happens at the RISE Conference in Austin?

I see that the RISE conference is happening in Austin on March 7-11, 2011. Their website seems a little light on details about the sessions, though. Can anybody who has attended in the past share...

asked Feb 1 '11 at 07:59
Blank
Brandon King
959 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
2.47K Views
How to get an investor's attention at a conference?

I'm a Russian guy, living in Siberia. I have a great team and a prototype of a kick-ass project. I'm going to LeWeb 2010 (Paris), which is the biggest European web conference. There are going to be...

asked Dec 3 '10 at 06:31
Blank
User5770
26 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.21K Views
Topic suggestions for software developer's conference?

I help book topic sessions for the annual Software Industry Conference which will be held this year in Dallas, TX. The conference targets both beginner and experienced Micro ISVs, and internet...

asked Feb 22 '10 at 12:46
Blank
Gary E
12,510 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
6.89K Views
What's a good swag-to-attendee ratio at conferences?

As we start going to conferences in 2010, I'm curious what the right amount of swag per attendee should be. Obviously, not everyone wants stuff and I think there's some panache to having the cool,...

asked Dec 12 '09 at 12:15
Blank
Alex Papadimoulis
5,901 points