Conflict Of Interest Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.99K Views
why does a potential advisor need to check conflict of interest?

I am starting a SaaS company which helps real estate companies manage their assets. I know a managing director in an investment bank doing business as broker to help the small real estate companies...

asked Jul 25 '13 at 14:16
Blank
Jhu
11 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
2.38K Views
Wanting to start up whilst employer is in same industry

I am currently employed in queensland Australia and working for a company who delivers training to industry, they have developed online learning resources and a few websites for industry bodies. I...

asked Jun 25 '13 at 19:54
Blank
Jonny
21 points

7 Votes
4 Answers
2.28K Views
Company A wants to hire company B to do some work, I'm a co-founder in both

What are some caveats in this situation? For example, how can I make sure my partners in both companies are happy, and there is no suspicion on their side that I'm tricking both companies to my own...

asked Oct 28 '12 at 03:07
Blank
Mojuba
138 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
1.94K Views
Do investors run away from entrepreneurs that have interests in 2 start-ups at the same time?

I am involved in 2 bootstrapped startups at the moment: startup 1 : I am a co-founder, have executive position and I work full time on it startup 2: I am a co-founder and provided a quite...

asked Sep 27 '12 at 05:10
Blank
Wewill See
53 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.59K Views
Primary founder has conflict of interest but wants to retain equity position without quitting day job?

I am the primary founder of my start up. We have just received our first influx of capital. My current employer feels working on this would be a conflict. The start up has a management team in...

asked Jul 7 '12 at 07:53
Blank
Dan
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.13K Views
How to incentivise current employer in future startup?

I am currently employed by a company whose core business is not IT-related but I have developed a few applications that are central to some crucial business processes and I want to create a startup...

asked Jun 1 '12 at 02:02
Blank
Assylias
103 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.91K Views
Ownership of IP developed while employed

I'm a 3d software developer working for a manufacturing company on industrial visualization software programs. In the future, I wish to develop 2d/3d games, mapping applications during my free...

asked May 15 '12 at 04:01
Blank
User703047
31 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.17K Views
When to ditch a partnership

I have been working on a project for a little over a year. This project was my partners idea, and we agreed to a percentage of the stake when it gets done. (he gets the majority) Originally, the...

asked Jan 29 '12 at 01:21
Blank
Vigrond
130 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.18K Views
Ethicality of hiring a former student?

Background: I'm both administrative staff for a university, and I'm the owner of a small business. I've been working with a particular student at the university on some university grant work, and...

asked Feb 2 '12 at 05:03
Blank
Smokris
121 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
How do you start your own company while running someone else's company?

I've been running an in-office and online educational business for 3 years. The original partners are offering me a small equity share, but there is no contract yet (nor has there ever been one). I...

asked Apr 14 '11 at 06:37
Blank
Anthony O
51 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.88K Views
Conflict of Interest Scenarios

Do any of the following six scenarios give rise to Conflict of Interest, for me and my company and/or for the other person and his company: I appoint a well-connected professional on my company's...

asked Mar 13 '11 at 12:41
Blank
Aaron Smothers
56 points