Consultants Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.97K Views
Dealing with clients that start consulting project later than scheduled?

I sometimes provide on-site ruby on rails consulting that clients book in advance.How do I deal with clients that commit to a time slot and when that time comes, they want to reschedule it for a...

asked Mar 12 '14 at 23:37
Blank
Marjorie Cowie
30 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.07K Views
How to establish a network when just starting out in a service-based business?

I am venturing to start a consulting firm that does social media marketing and content creation. Starting with nothing except my knowledge about the field, how do I create a network and establish...

asked Jun 12 '14 at 18:14
Blank
Alexandra Guerrero
12 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.34K Views
Burnt-out startup founder: How can I find freelance clients?

I have been doing startups for the last 6 years and have had mostly failures, and a single success. I was able to sell the one startup that succeeded for about a year's salary that I would get...

asked Jun 15 '15 at 15:58
Blank
George Kopp
12 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.7K Views
How to find your first consulting clients?

If you don't have a network which you can get referrals from, how do you find your first consulting clients for a one-person development firm?

asked May 12 '14 at 17:55
Blank
Robert Sheehan
7 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.47K Views
Should you give marginal equity to contractors that you hire?

What do you think about giving a tiny amount of equity to contractors and consultants? Do you think it would make them more motivated to do a better job if they have ownership in the company?

asked Apr 17 '14 at 22:42
Blank
Salvatore Cochrane
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.32K Views
Sub-contracting consulting work: can you claim it as your own?

I run a small consulting operation and I have taken on more clients than I can service on my own. There is a contractor who can I sub-contract the extra work out to, who will do the work in the...

asked Apr 18 '14 at 18:11
Blank
Pauline Larrick
7 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.65K Views
How easy / hard is it to get consulting jobs for Ruby on Rails?

I work as a full time and want to supplement my income (and later do freelance or my own product full time down the line) by offering my ruby on rails skills as a consultant.How long does it...

asked Apr 4 '14 at 13:13
Blank
Robert Boyd
9 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
6.1K Views
Getting web design clients without prior experience or portfolio?

I just began consulting on the side as a UI/UX designer so don't have a portfolio of clients. The only thing I can put in there is work I've done while being employed for a company full time.How...

asked Mar 5 '14 at 23:32
Blank
Murray Favela
55 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
4.96K Views
How to protect my consultants from being poached by clients?

How would you deal with a client that is trying to poach one of your consultants (we run a ruby on rails consultancy)? My engineer was honest about it and told us upfront what was going on. It's...

asked Mar 1 '14 at 03:04
Blank
Lester Guarino
5 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.39K Views
Considering hiring advisors/consultants for my startup website

How should they be paid; what is an average fee for a professional...non professional? I really don't know how much time or useful info they will provide so is giving them a percentage of...

asked Sep 12 '12 at 01:32
Blank
Jimmy
71 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.2K Views
Where locate/register ltd company? Where register as a freelancer and pay taxes in Europe?

I want to set up a company providing film consultancy services across Europe and later further afield; I work from my laptop and am trying to decide whether or not the best option is to register...

asked Aug 8 '12 at 03:14
Blank
Helena
6 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.41K Views
Consulting while working

I kinda have a dilemma! My partner and I, who are coworkers, came up with the idea to start our own consulting firm. Our firm will target our present clients. We are Medicaid consultants in a...

asked Jul 7 '12 at 11:45
Blank
Girl Trying To Market
21 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.49K Views
Consultants offers

We are a small marketing consulting company. Usually we are invited to solve some kind of problem or task. But we face a large problem. Our offer needs to have an idea of how to solve a particular...

asked Jul 10 '12 at 03:55
Blank
Boris
6 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.9K Views
Approaching A Professor For Help With Your Startup?

Has anyone ever approached a college professor to help give advice and provide introductions to people who might want to invest in your startup? I'm going to do this, but wanted to gain some...

asked Nov 23 '09 at 06:04
Blank
Drew Little
41 points