Consulting Questions

0 Votes
5 Answers
3.06K Views
How should we approach selling to entrepreneurs?

We recently launched a new service business. Our target is the potential entrepreneur. Our goal is to help the people go from curious to competent in making the go/no go decision in launching...

asked Nov 26 '09 at 09:02
Blank
Ideareview
61 points

10 Votes
6 Answers
3.5K Views
Communicating a Rate Increase to my Clients

I currently run a two person web development team. My partner and I offer Ruby on Rails programming for our clients (small companies). We typically charge $75/hr for most of our clients but we have...

asked Nov 27 '09 at 16:31
Blank
Aac
85 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
6.89K Views
What is the rate for marketing and sales consultants?

I was wondering what the pay rate is for marketing and sales consultants that mainly work with startups. I know some companies hire on commission-base only and some offer share/equity in the...

asked Nov 10 '09 at 09:07
Blank
Arman Arami
399 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.01K Views
Good 'starter' SOW or Contracts for Consultant business?

I run a consulting biz on the side (just me), doing odd IT jobs ranging from web development / design / db management etc; I have typically made small contracts or statements of work for the jobs,...

asked Nov 20 '09 at 07:58
Blank
Jakub
133 points

14 Votes
7 Answers
4.45K Views
How can I determine a good rate for freelancing?

I've currently got a startup and a full-time job. I'm looking to transition to part-time freelancing so I can focus more on my startup. However, I'm walking into this completely blind, and I need...

asked Oct 17 '09 at 22:39
Blank
Micah
880 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
4.21K Views
Underestimate and therefore undercharge your clients— what would you do?

As a software consultant, one must be able to accurately estimate the amount of time needed for a software project, because the clients demand it anyway. But we all know how complex software...

asked Oct 19 '09 at 18:08
Blank
Graviton
871 points

8 Votes
4 Answers
4.17K Views
Should software developer charge for Specs Gathering Time?

As a software developer who charge on per hour basis, should one charge on the specification and requirement understanding/gathering time? And what about the time for testing and debugging? I...

asked Oct 20 '09 at 19:02
Blank
Graviton
871 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.28K Views
How does one find an illustrator?

On one hand we have designers readily available, people we can hire to create something with direction or concepts already available. On the other hand, we have sites like 99 Designs and...

asked Oct 14 '09 at 10:26
Blank
Paul O'brien
521 points