Contests Questions

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.53K Views
Software development contest in business plan?

Our business Greatly simplified: We provide data obtained from localized hardware via sensors (mostly cameras) and make it available on the Internet via an API. Having a good UI for the data is...

asked Oct 1 '13 at 20:53
Blank
Feklee
148 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.09K Views
Would requiring a Sweepstakes entrant to use a program (free trial) for 5 minutes make that a Lottery and incur additional legal requirements?

There are three types of "giveaways": Contest (requires skill) Sweepstakes (random chance of winning) Lottery you pay for a chance. But something like a Facebook "like" is considered...

asked Oct 8 '13 at 06:00
Blank
Clay Nichols
737 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.81K Views
How much time should be spent on expandability in front of investors?

I have five minutes to present a web app in front of investors (well, actually they are contest judges, but they are still looking for an app that will take off), and then I get five minutes for...

asked Jun 21 '12 at 05:18
Blank
Tyjkenn
103 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.53K Views
Best way to promote a contest for small businesses?

I run a web design company and we're having a contest for business owners. We're giving away a lot of prizes, with the grand prize winner getting a free website, hosting for a year, and other...

asked May 10 '11 at 03:26
Blank
Virtuosi Media
1,232 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.37K Views
Swag & Giveaway Advice!

I've just found out that I will be presenting my startup, mokabla at an Entrepreneur event in ATL in less than a week. There will be about 200 people attending. Since this event doesn't have...

asked Feb 18 '11 at 14:39
Blank
Shaymus
176 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.85K Views
How to get publicity for a product naming contest

We're giving away a $100 Amazon Gift Card to whomever gives our product a name. We've tried Twitter (though with a new company we have few followers) and an individual with 700 followers, Facebook...

asked Jan 14 '11 at 05:44
Blank
Migo Fast
8 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.11K Views
How effective it is to give away prizes to increase subscriptions in a blog?

For example offering a gift card, t-shirt, etc... to people who sign up to your blog or website in general... does this work? is it worth it?

asked Oct 23 '10 at 04:53
Blank
Ricardo
4,815 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.1K Views
Public contest to design new product identity: good idea or not?

We're planning to re-build our product identity (which has never been built in the first place, it just came out of nowhere). Obviously, we're somewhat tight on money, so hiring a professional...

asked Oct 25 '10 at 02:25
Blank
Deleted
655 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.27K Views
How to promote a twitter crowdsourcing contest?

I created a twitter crowdsourcing contest to get some tagline help and raise pre-launch awareness (build a great tagline and get an iPhone). http://roadbud.com/iphone-contest/ The problem is, I'm...

asked Feb 11 '10 at 22:01
Blank
Mike Schoeffler
100 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.9K Views
Any early stage concepts had difficulties associated with entering and competing in startup contests?

I've just entered the vator.tv splash competition and was wondering what other people have run into as far as problems. I assume: overzealous preoccupation with winning could hurt a team, but that...

asked Dec 15 '09 at 05:14
Blank
Jazzmann91
13 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.73K Views
What do I need to know and do before I can run a contest on my website

I intend to eventually run a contest as a promo. Specifically, I'd like to do a random drawing of a pool of registered users that meet certain criteria. What legal and tax related concerns do I...

asked Oct 20 '09 at 08:34
Blank
Rob Allen
631 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.82K Views
Should I start a contest to drive traffic to my site?

At what point should I consider a contest as a strategy to get people to visit my business or website? What are the ways to track the ROI for this type of marketing?

asked Oct 10 '09 at 10:08
Blank
Blizzard Digital
83 points