Contract Questions

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.83K Views
How to outsource a software development process?

We are having a good idea for a software product. Since its complexity surpasses the capacities for a one man army or perhaps of a small software team, it will be necessary to outsource software...

asked Sep 26 '11 at 08:07
Blank
Jpcf
111 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.65K Views
Are convertible note contract templates available?

I don't want to pay for an attorney to write a contract for me. Is there a good convertible note contract template that I can use?

asked Sep 28 '11 at 00:26
Blank
W. Matthew Wilson
104 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.63K Views
Universal NDA agreements

I'll be starting a "startup" that will require me to see existing code, propritary data, etc. I'm sure that most of my potential clients will not already have an NDA for me to sign so I want to be...

asked Aug 27 '11 at 02:21
Blank
Dustin Davis
272 points

6 Votes
2 Answers
12.1K Views
How important is it to have the original of a contract?

How important is it to have the original of a contract? Would having just a copy of a signed contract still make it enforceable? Is it any different than signing two copies of the same...

asked Aug 2 '11 at 06:49
Blank
Sam
56 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.54K Views
What to do with side projects when joining a startup on the same field

I am thinking about joining a startup and I have a question. I have been working on a side project for a couple months and I own it completely. This side project is internet related (so is the...

asked Jul 31 '11 at 03:34
Blank
Ray Sf
126 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
2.99K Views
Enforcing international agreements/contracts

I'm just curious about how a contract between two parties in different countries would handle breaches/consequences of said contract. Let's say between two parties in USA and Asia. If the contract...

asked Jul 22 '11 at 01:27
Blank
Dustin Davis
272 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.31K Views
Is it better to have a formal contract on ownership prior to accepting external investment?

Not assigning anyone any equity until we get funding, despite that fact that I am the tech.-cofounder i need to start developing a demo to show investors. Should an actual contract really be...

asked Jul 11 '11 at 23:10
Blank
User9968
229 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
2.19K Views
What does employment at will actually mean for an employee?

I've recently (5 months ago) signed and employment-at-will contract with a largish company. I start in 2 months. Given different scenarios, I want to figure out not only what this legally means,...

asked Jun 29 '11 at 01:18
Blank
John Smith
26 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.76K Views
Recommend a supplier of (UK) template contracts for software development

I'm looking to purchase a template contract for delivering fixed scope/price software development projects, dealing with IP issues and everything else that needs to be taken into consideration. I...

asked Jun 18 '11 at 06:21
Blank
Dan Dyer
657 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
13.3K Views
California law and sending "written notice" by email

I've decided to ask this question here, as there is no better StackExchange site to ask and it's also not that much off-topic for OnStartups. I'm from Europe and I signed (by email) IT service...

asked Jun 7 '11 at 09:12
Blank
Tomasz Zielinski
113 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.5K Views
Plain english translation of these finance terms

What does these mean in plain English, guessing the best way to describe it is by giving theoretical numbers for best worst case instances, though that's just my thought - I'll leave it up to you...

asked Jun 3 '11 at 01:56
Blank
Blunders .
899 points

5 Votes
6 Answers
6.16K Views
Can a contract legally cover something that happened before its signing?

When we hired a new employee we forgot to make him sign an NDA. Now, a year into his employment, we want to make sure that he signs one. My question is, what language should I use in the contract...

asked Jun 4 '11 at 05:51
Blank
Sam
56 points

6 Votes
1 Answers
2.88K Views
Is there an inbetween step between "a trial period" and "co-founder"?

Greetings, I am planning on joining a start up with someone as a co-founder and right now we're in a hurry to get product off the ground. I've worked with this person in a trial period and I...

asked May 23 '11 at 03:01
Blank
Daniel
157 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.24K Views
Does Company Equity Entitlement need to be in your employment contract?

Should a company equity entitlement be stated in your employment contract? If not, what entitlement to any equity do you have? Particularly if you're already employed there?

asked May 24 '11 at 02:57
Blank
Chester
6 points

16 Votes
3 Answers
4.5K Views
Overbudget and unable to complete software contract. What can I do and what can I expect to happen?

This might be a slightly long story, but I really would appreciate any help you can give me here. I am a young entrepreneur and currently run a struggling website development / software company....

asked Apr 26 '11 at 03:29
Blank
Shane
326 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
5.47K Views
Retainer fees for freelance software engineers - is this common practice, can I use this?

I have a relatively new business - I've recently been freelancing as a software engineer for 6 months, working from my own office for a couple of companies having contracted on site before for...

asked Apr 26 '11 at 22:01
Blank
Bomb Defused
227 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
2.82K Views
What are the proper steps (contracts, terms, payments agreements) when hiring freelance developers?

I'm looking to hire some developers to help bang out some features of my app that I can't do myself yet. I'm going to be able to give them pretty specific tasks and if they do well continue on and...

asked Apr 19 '11 at 18:16
Blank
Trying Hal9000
141 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.72K Views
How to present and sell a business/product (one in the same) to potential buyer (bigger company) without risking them stealing my idea?

I have developed my product completely, and have built a business for the product to be able to take to market. The product is unlike anything else on the market as of now and in my opinion would...

asked Apr 23 '11 at 06:07
Blank
User9915
16 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.54K Views
Survey / Ballot / e-sign tool

I've noticed a trade-off in survey and e-sign tools. Survey tool: Low cost for large volumes Manage Survey Workflow well Excellent data collection / reporting Does not offer signature Does not...

asked Apr 12 '11 at 07:39
Blank
Jeffrey Hicks
313 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
1.92K Views
In B2B situations what do you clients mean when they ask to partner with you?

We have had a range of clients ask something like the following, we are looking for someone to partner with ... How do you see this being different from a straight Client/Supplier style...

asked Apr 4 '11 at 09:33
Blank
Robin Vessey
8,394 points