Corporate Structure Questions

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.09K Views
Cheapest way to start a company with multiple products/services/etc.

I'm planning to start few different websites and smartphone apps. I want to be able to accept payments for each. I don't want the overhead of creating different companies for each one but I want...

asked Sep 5 '11 at 07:25
Blank
Dan
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.1K Views
Do all s corps require shares, board of directors, and annual meetings

Do all s corps require you to have shares, board of directors and annual meetings. I work for a very small software development firm (right passed a start-up, we actually have good stable income)...

asked Aug 17 '11 at 05:21
Blank
Frank
43 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.97K Views
Foreign ownership of a US company

My partner and I have founded a British LTD, are registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce, intend to start trading in The Netherlands this fall, and we will have a Dutch BV or NV by end of...

asked Aug 1 '11 at 20:04
Blank
Stu Thompson
173 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.14K Views
Opening a European Subsidiary in the U.S

I am an American setting up a U.S. based subsidiary office for a small Eastern European company. What are the methods I can get paid assuming the company does not have capital for straight salary...

asked Jul 7 '11 at 00:12
Blank
Lefty
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.9K Views
Is an LLC the right legal entity when considering investors in the future?

My partner and I want to open a franchise restaurant. I primarily want to incorporate to protect against random lawsuits. We haven't decided between fully funding ourselves or seeking investors. If...

asked Jun 23 '11 at 05:33
Blank
Jhlu87
111 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
3.2K Views
What is the difference between a C corp and an S corp?

What is the difference between a C corp and an S corp? I'm seeking clarity to a comment to this question which says the type of corp changes from S to C if equity is vested in a company and not a...

asked Apr 23 '11 at 17:12
Blank
Nissan Dookeran
177 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.56K Views
Being liable as a sole proprietorship VS director at a corporation

I am considering starting presales of a product. Since money may be coming in I wanted a business bank account so if I am ever sued for any reason I'll only lose what I put in the business and not...

asked Apr 11 '11 at 20:18
Blank
Stu R
66 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.62K Views
How do I setup an investor-friendly (Angel or VC) corporate structure?

I've set up two LLC's and an S-corp myself before for companies that I own and run; but this new idea I have is bigger and I will be pursuing investor involvement for it. I'm trying to keep my...

asked Mar 25 '11 at 06:35
Blank
Nick
1,171 points

6 Votes
1 Answers
2.85K Views
C Corp vs LLC Taxes

I'm trying to figure out the various taxes taken out for a C Corp vs LLC. Single-member/ shareholder. (C Corp has more deductions.) C Corp: (1) Tax on profit (after deductions), (2) Payroll tax...

asked Feb 22 '11 at 08:53
Blank
Dave
46 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.55K Views
incorporating a subsidiary company for each web app

My company (a Delaware C-corp) develops and runs a number of websites that will soon be offering paid accounts. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each website being its own subsidiary,...

asked Feb 14 '11 at 12:56
Blank
Jtauber
309 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.76K Views
Should I establish an S-Corp or is Liability Insurance enough to Protect myself from Personal Liability?

I'm starting a small business and I'm concerned about personal liability. I like the idea of a corporation providing some protection, but I'm uncomfortable with the notion that the corporate veil...

asked Jan 28 '11 at 15:23
Blank
Mcohen75
157 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
4.17K Views
For a Corporation (S-Corp) that I run out of my home, which expenses can the Corporation pay for?

I've formed an S-Corp in California for a small local business. Like many small business owners I'll be operating the business out of my home. What expenses can the corporation pay for without...

asked Feb 1 '11 at 08:08
Blank
Mcohen75
157 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.52K Views
Need advice on how to structure a partnership

I have recently been approached by a person, who is both an investor and the project idea originator. We are talking about a tech start up, where I am the software developer, project manager, and...

asked Jan 17 '11 at 14:11
Blank
Lyman Zerga
278 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
6.21K Views
What is the most tax-efficient structure for an LLC where the principals aren't drawing salary?

My partner and I have day jobs so we don't need to (or want to) draw salary from our startup. Our startup is already profitable but in our ideal world, the bank account associated with this startup...

asked Dec 10 '10 at 16:15
Blank
Avery Chan
123 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3.93K Views
Where should I set up my global internet business?

Is there a widely recognised 'best place of business' for global social-media style internet businesses, and what are the considerations? Considerations I'm thinking about are taxation, regulation,...

asked Nov 25 '10 at 19:48
Blank
Trish
186 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
3.69K Views
Authorized number of shares in C-corp

I am planning to setup a C-Corp and I don't really understand about the shares and other stuff... a) How many authorized shares should I initially start with ? b) What kind of shares should I...

asked Nov 13 '10 at 06:03
Blank
User2351
56 points

5 Votes
9 Answers
4.17K Views
Organization structure for startup

I've heard that it is almost impossible to build a startup among friends because a command structure or organization structure is hard to solidify. Everybody wants to be a commander but you cannot...

asked Sep 28 '10 at 14:19
Blank
Ludwi
128 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.39K Views
Automated shipping from warehouse or stock my own inventory for eCommerce site?

I'm about to start up an eCommerce site for health products. However, I'm unsure of how to structure the company, in particular reference to shipping of product. Should I buy my own product, stock...

asked Aug 4 '10 at 01:46
Blank
Dr. Khan
27 points

4 Votes
4 Answers
3.36K Views
Should I create a seperate (child) company for our enterprise software?

We started an "I.T. Solutions" company which offers services in many different areas (software development, web design, e-commerce, consulting, etc.). The profits from these services are used to...

asked Dec 9 '09 at 01:51
Blank
Big Tuna
349 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.91K Views
Challenging the traditional business rules, is it bad if planning on trying for VC funding

I was thinking about this question recently: http://www.brightjourney.com/q/advice-resources-performance-reviews-employees I also enjoy this...

asked Nov 28 '09 at 11:49
Blank
James Black
2,642 points