Corporation Questions

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.13K Views
Starting a business with a co-founder without a corporation?

Could you start a company with a co-founder, and have generic agreements in place, all without registering a corporation?We're bootstrapping our first startup and don't want to spend both money and...

asked Jun 18 '14 at 20:12
Blank
Marion Woodward
9 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
Forming a C-corp: should I allocate Preferred stock from the get-go?

While creating my C-corporation on LegalZoom, a question asks how much should I issue of both Common and Preferred stock. What's a good rule of thumb for this?Is Preferred stock even needed if I...

asked Mar 2 '14 at 19:50
Blank
Jim Crowell
50 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.19K Views
Obtaining new EIN after changing status of DBA

I was doing business under a DBA, then I became incorporated. When I incorporated, I applied for a new EIN - and got one. I have since closed that corporation and now again doing business as a...

asked Mar 9 '12 at 07:09
Blank
Ame
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
4.24K Views
Setting up company in India vs United States

I would like to know the advantages and disadvantages of starting a company in India in contrast to the United States. As far as I am concerned, I have seen companies (not all) set up in the...

asked Dec 9 '13 at 18:48
Blank
Java Technical
152 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2K Views
Short year tax form

We need to file our corporate taxes (1120) for a short year and but there aren't any forms available from the IRS for year 2013 yet. Does anyone know what to do in this case? update: the company...

asked Sep 12 '13 at 17:11
Blank
Ent
8 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.82K Views
Form 1 Corporation for Multiple Small Businesses?

I am currently doing Freelance work as a programmer. I also would like to try a few ideas for some small Drop-shipping style eCommerce websites. What I am wanting to know, is can I form a single...

asked May 22 '13 at 07:38
Blank
Jasondavis
111 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.77K Views
getting references

I am writing a software product for business use. First few versions were for free, but now I started selling the product. I think that adding at least a short list of companies that are using my...

asked May 31 '13 at 06:26
Blank
Tomasz Grobelny
106 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.66K Views
Dissolve a void c corp in delaware

When the company is no longer doing business - Is there going to be any consequences if a c corp (delaware) is in void status due to failure to file annual report? would this affect the personal...

asked Apr 11 '13 at 03:33
Blank
James
1 point

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.59K Views
If all the employees are non-salaried founders, do we need to send out W2's?

We founded a C-Corp in fall 2012. None of us are taking a salary and there are no salaried employees. Do we need to send out W2's?

asked Apr 13 '13 at 23:30
Blank
Evan Hammer
16 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.53K Views
Distributing profits when a Joint Venture starts to make money?

My question concerns the tax implications of distributing profits, if and when the hard work pays off. In my case all of the expenses and income have flowed through my business account (S...

asked Apr 1 '13 at 08:43
Blank
Robotronic
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
How do I dissolve a C Corp?

I haven't used my C Corp, paid any taxes, or done the minutes. I haven't made a dollar or used the corp in any form. It was just a mistake opening the C Corp. I'm scared I have to pay the taxes...

asked Mar 16 '13 at 13:33
Blank
Zapoo
303 points

0 Votes
4 Answers
2.88K Views
How to fire my Partner

I started a company in August of 2012 signing up 25 customers as a separate part of a corporation I have had since 2010 and brought in a partner in September. The partner did not put in any money...

asked Feb 14 '13 at 04:17
Blank
User24008
19 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.03K Views
What do I need to file on the US side if I want to set up a subsidiary (software development team) in China?

Here is my situation, I'm running a single-person C-Corp in the US. (I'm a US permanent resident). My company is running several content-rich websites (focus on US market), the advertising revenue...

asked Nov 8 '12 at 09:16
Blank
Silent
111 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.18K Views
Online sales and startup

What is the best way to go about getting more profit and paying less tax when it comes to selling something strictly online? Say I have a dual citizenship, to Canada and Mexico. And I do all my...

asked Oct 22 '12 at 15:49
Blank
Bazzi
16 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.07K Views
How are corportate 'starter' funds taxed, if at all?

When opening up a new corporate bank account, are initial deposits looked at as income, and therefore considered taxable? Or are they counted as 'funding' (or some other term) and therefore...

asked Nov 2 '12 at 07:01
Blank
Nas
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.23K Views
Use a law firm to form c corp

Is it necessary to use a law firm to form a Delaware c corp with only 1 owner/shareholder? Can I just do that myself? even though I live in a different state?

asked Nov 4 '12 at 10:07
Blank
Emil
8 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.84K Views
New shareholder class for special dividend?

This is more so theory than plans, and this is the only stack exchange that talks about corporate structure Is it possible to make a new shareholder class, arbitrarily, solely for the distribution...

asked Sep 17 '12 at 10:36
Blank
Cqm
137 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
4.1K Views
Should I register my C Corp in Delaware if I live in Virginia and I'm doing business in Virginia?

I called a CPA in Virginia and he told me it's better to create your C corp in Delaware, because their tax system is so flexible that you don't need to pay for state tax. Is that true? And is it Ok...

asked Aug 3 '12 at 00:49
Blank
Hendi Valentino
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
7.06K Views
Difference between stakeholder, stockholder, and shareholder

I want to start a C corp, and I keep coming across the following terms: stakeholder, stockholder, and shareholder. What's the difference between them? I'd appreciate a clear explanation in layman's...

asked Jun 18 '12 at 06:47
Blank
Mark13426
131 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.17K Views
Questions on running a company on H1B

I'm currently on OPT and will be switching to H1B soon. I want to start a C corp which will function as an online business. Can my friends who live outside the USA develop the website? They...

asked Jun 20 '12 at 15:37
Blank
Mark13426
131 points