Corporation Questions

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.66K Views
LLC vs S Corp for a new business?

I am starting a new business in California and can't decide whether it should be an LLC or S Corp or an LLC as a S Corp. It would be a single person LLC or S Corp (no other shareholders or...

asked Jun 2 '12 at 07:21
Blank
Lynne
11 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.8K Views
Catch 22 trying to revive a forfeited corporate charter

Ten years ago I formed an S-Corp in Maryland with myself as the sole shareholder and director. Unfortunately I didn't have a handle on making all the required tax filings and payments, and the...

asked May 16 '12 at 08:26
Blank
Maryland Business Owner
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.76K Views
Do you get penalized if you have a S Corporation company and you don't make any profit in two years?

I heard from someone that if you have a S Corp and you don't make any profit for two years, then you can get penalized for it. Is this true?

asked May 1 '12 at 02:16
Blank
Vakey
8 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
How do I merge with a new Corp with an older Corp?

I'm incorporating a new c-corp in Delaware with a new co-founder. So, I want to merge the older new york c-corp because it has all my copyrights and trademarks assigned to it. Also, the New York...

asked Apr 18 '12 at 05:43
Blank
Zapoo
303 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
Im incorporating a business in delaware with a registered agent, does it count like a physical location?

Do I get treated the same like any other corp in Delaware? I want to make sure I don't get charged by the state more fees because I'm not from there. What's the catch as far as taxes and state...

asked Apr 18 '12 at 10:26
Blank
Zapoo
303 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.17K Views
What am I legally allowed to call my 'company'?

I'm a student, and I'm interested in making apps/websites. Thus, I registered for a Student account with App Hub {WP7 dev program.} I also made a website where people can play my HTML5/JS based...

asked Apr 11 '12 at 10:57
Blank
Java And C Sharp
101 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.49K Views
Do you send a copy Certificate of Incorporation (Articles of Incorporation) to an interested investor?

Do you think is safe to send a copy of the certificate of corporation (Articles Of Incorporation) to a very interested investor? I think this investor wants to verify that my startup company is...

asked Mar 23 '12 at 12:47
Blank
Zapoo
303 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.78K Views
I can't seem to find this answer anywhere regarding LLC

I live in CT but I have office space in NH, where would I register for an LLC? I don't plan on moving there and have employees in NH, so what should I do?

asked Feb 8 '12 at 05:19
Blank
Kas08016
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.4K Views
Does an LLC provide equal liability protection as an S or C corp?

My early stage startup is at the point where we need to form a corporate entity. I've read a lot on the web and here about the advantages and disadvantages of the LLC vs C-Corp (and the tax...

asked Jan 12 '12 at 02:27
Blank
Paul Cezanne
649 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.95K Views
Best Structure for Investor Buyout

The company I'm an investor in requires a significant capital infusion, and is trying to find a structure to remove several current investors who are not participating in daily operations of...

asked Nov 24 '11 at 08:56
Blank
Andy
111 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.83K Views
Under what conditions can a C corp authorize new shares?

Under what conditions can a C corp increase the total number of shares authorized? Board approval? Majority shareholder approval? Unanimous shareholder approval?

asked Oct 26 '11 at 16:17
Blank
Jon
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.63K Views
how to convert a single member llc to a corporation

I'm thinking about registering a single member LLC to simplify tax reporting and costs involved with registration and maintaining a registered business. In the future, I'll need to raise capital...

asked Aug 29 '11 at 07:56
Blank
Alex
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.82K Views
What type of business to form to allow 1 person (founder) total control with limited or no liability?

What's the best way to setup a company whereby the founder always has control and the final word no matter how many partners he brings in? What are the disadvantages of the various setups?

asked Jul 29 '11 at 15:09
Blank
Tom Jones
24 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.9K Views
Is an LLC the right legal entity when considering investors in the future?

My partner and I want to open a franchise restaurant. I primarily want to incorporate to protect against random lawsuits. We haven't decided between fully funding ourselves or seeking investors. If...

asked Jun 23 '11 at 05:33
Blank
Jhlu87
111 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.49K Views
Income Tax + Business

I'm looking into starting a formal business, and need a little help. I currently go to a public university and have a scholarship that is based on the fact that I, personally, don't claim more than...

asked Jun 11 '11 at 16:57
Blank
Zakman411
174 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.25K Views
S Corporation taxes if I have a job?

I am about to create an S Corporation for liability and tax purposes, and I wanted to get a general feel for a tax question before asking an attorney or CPA about it. I have a day job, for which I...

asked Apr 25 '11 at 02:32
Blank
Poundifdef
114 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.24K Views
Tax law change on capital loss from s-corp

I have a small 1 person S-Corporation. The first few years I paid an accountant to do my taxes. I do not have revenues to my company, so I am using turbo tax to do this myself. Last year I took a...

asked Apr 11 '11 at 22:48
Blank
Bob
164 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.55K Views
Switching from a Canadian corporation to a Canadian sole-proprietorship

I currently run a Canadian Corporation, but I'm finding taxes (both accounting fees and bookkeeping) a real pain and expense. I would like to keep the corporation and basically find out how to...

asked Apr 14 '11 at 14:37
Blank
Geek Gal
16 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.43K Views
What are the benefits of incorporating?

I am interested in starting a company that makes software tools. I looked into incorporating and it looks like it will cost a few hundred dollars if I do everything myself. From what little...

asked Feb 14 '11 at 08:57
Blank
Abe Miessler
264 points