Credit Cards Questions

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.7K Views
Membership software

I am looking to create a business who's customers buy units of our product. It might even evolve to a membership situation where they are buying units on a scheduled basis each month. I want these...

asked Oct 4 '11 at 03:31
Blank
Blind Rooster
6 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.96K Views
Require Credit Card for Trial Sign-up

We are rethinking our 30-day trial for our B2B (small business) CMS. It is a very niche service and we have about 600 active paying subscribers at this point. In the past, I have always subscribed...

asked Sep 1 '11 at 00:31
Blank
Simon H
301 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
1.56K Views
Merchant Account or Gateway. Who charges what and how does it work?

I'm going to take credit cards over the phone/fax. That means I need some kind of virtual terminal. I contacted my bank (Bank of America) and got following quote: Set up: $130.00 Monthly:...

asked Aug 11 '11 at 04:20
Blank
Katit
276 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.08K Views
When sending money from an office in one country to another, if this money is sent via credit/debit card payment are there any tax implications?

One of the company's co-founders is investing and to avoid high fees I suggested we use our merchant account whereby he will make a payment online and then I will receive the money in the UK. Is...

asked Jul 22 '11 at 18:37
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

6 Votes
3 Answers
2.5K Views
Can I require a credit card for a $5,000 service?

I'm getting to ready to launch a business-to-business service that will charge a $5,000 fee per service rendered. I would like to only accept credit cards, but I'm not sure if most customers are...

asked Jun 21 '11 at 10:34
Blank
S Startup
31 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
3.47K Views
How can I separate my personal credit from my business without a lot of hassle?

I've been operating a local computer repair and retail business for about 2 years and haven't needed a line of credit until now. The problem is that I'm in college and have student loans. So, as a...

asked May 27 '11 at 03:15
Blank
David Brown
116 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.51K Views
Chicken/Egg: New Startup, Need Credit Card

We're a new startup and need a credit card to make some online purchases. We're looking into options and all of them seem to want at least two years of business history, positive cash flow, etc....

asked Apr 29 '11 at 11:20
Blank
Aj.
212 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.32K Views
What is the easiest way to charge credit cards?

My site accepts credit cards through PayPal, but some customers still send me credit card information in their e-mails or purchase orders. PayPal does not allow me to use this information to charge...

asked Apr 23 '11 at 05:08
Blank
Philippe
297 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.66K Views
First time credit card processor?

Does anyone have any experience when it comes to jumping directly into your own credit card processor and merchant account with an online startup? I know some merchant accounts require you are...

asked Apr 24 '11 at 09:44
Blank
Sk24iam
344 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.86K Views
Business loan dilemma?

In the near future I will be taking a small business loan. I had planned on going to my local bank or to lending club but then I figured maybe I can get away with opening a new credit card with a...

asked Apr 24 '11 at 10:05
Blank
Sk24iam
344 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.05K Views
startup credit card issues

So here's the issue, I need to accept credit cards on my site, but I don't want to go through a merchant service, I want to go through visa/ amex/etc directly (it's a long story..). Now, to even...

asked Apr 9 '11 at 08:04
Blank
Aslyesnow
214 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.97K Views
Send payments to credit/debit cards

Does anyone knows about a company/service/way that allows to send payments to credit/debit cards? I want my website be able sending to worldwide affiliates their commissions that way.

asked Apr 14 '11 at 07:56
Blank
Quantme
113 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.77K Views
What is the most affordable combination for taking credit card payments online from around the world?

I have looked at the similar questions posted and believe mine is different - please read the specifics of my question below: Assuming we do not want to use PayPal (or Google Checkout etc.), it...

asked Mar 8 '11 at 01:28
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

5 Votes
3 Answers
12.8K Views
How can you reduce the number of credit card chargebacks for a website selling high value products that are vulnerable to fraud?

From this question on Merchant Account Chargeback Ratios, one answer suggested that websites selling high value items will have higher charge backs because more criminals will attempt to purchase...

asked Mar 8 '11 at 20:27
Blank
Nikolay Piryankov
683 points

8 Votes
2 Answers
2.85K Views
Should I give a discount when people pay with credit card

I have a software product (price around 700 USD). Some customers use PayPal, which is very low-touch and easy for us. Others want to do the whole procedure: RFQ / price quote / PO / invoice / wire...

asked Feb 17 '11 at 01:04
Blank
Philippe
297 points

4 Votes
6 Answers
3.11K Views
Good options for credit card processing

I'm bootstrapping a micro-startup hosting service with very, very little capital. All of my customers will have recurring billing with a possible trial period. Initially I integrated with...

asked Feb 18 '11 at 05:54
Blank
James
139 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.04K Views
What is the quickest way to offer your SaaS customers credit card billing?

I have a SaaS product and want to offer my customers the ability to accept credit cards themselves. What's the quickest way to set this up? EDIT: I'm starting to think that giving the SaaS user a...

asked Jan 28 '11 at 09:57
Blank
Jon Kragh
185 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.1K Views
Corporate credit without putting CEO as a personal guarantor?

Looks like a lot of things have changed, since I've had to look for this last time. Right some of us have corporate credit cards at our company, but all of them have my CEO as a personal guarantor....

asked Jan 31 '11 at 05:16
Blank
Apollo Sinkevicius
3,323 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.35K Views
Business Operating under 2 names for CC purposes

I currently have a LLC that I am operating under. I am wanting to start a web service that will be accepting credit card payments. The web service will go under a name that is very different then...

asked Jan 31 '11 at 12:30
Blank
Kellenjb
116 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
3.63K Views
What's the most efficient and cost-effective way to become PCI compliant?

I'm working on a business-to-business web app. About a year ago we gave our users the ability to charge credit cards (from customers calling them over the phone) directly within our software...

asked Jan 6 '11 at 04:16
Blank
Alex Cook
641 points