Crowdfunding Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.22K Views
Funding for developing a mobile application

We are college students currently developing an iPad application and seek a small investment to complete the development before submitting to the app store. We have tried several avenues for asking...

asked Dec 5 '12 at 13:35
Blank
Grant Wilkinson
105 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
11.5K Views
Can you pay yourself a small salary from money raised on Kickstarter?

If you raise a small amount of money (under $50K) on Kickstarter for a product you want to build, can you pay yourself a small salary along the way? I am quitting my day job to focus on this...

asked Jun 6 '14 at 16:58
Blank
Mary Pritchett
17 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.44K Views
Is it possible to raising funds from funding platforms before registering a company?

I'm trying to build an eCommerce company. Company registration is not yet completed, but is under process. Now I'm planning to raise capital to begin operations as soon as the company gets...

asked Jun 26 '14 at 11:15
Blank
Sky Buzz
36 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.74K Views
Tips and hacks for crowdfunding a startup on KickStarter or Indiegogo?

What are some tips to garner attention for your project on crowdfunding platforms like Indiegogo and Kickstarter?From browsing the most funded campaigns, the common elements seem to be: Great promo...

asked May 28 '14 at 20:29
Blank
Toby Hardage
12 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.74K Views
Difference between raising money on Kickstarter vs. AngelList?

What are the differences and pros / cons for each platform?Why should someone go with a Kickstarter campaign vs seeking out angel investors on platforms like AngelList?

asked Mar 25 '14 at 14:29
Blank
Lisa Yamaguchi
20 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.62K Views
What happens with KickStarter if you run out of money and decide to shutdown the company after funding?

Have there been companies who have used KickStarter and then had to close the company before delivering because they ran out of money? What happens in this case? Do you have to pay KickStarter...

asked Feb 19 '14 at 12:01
Blank
Joel J.
31 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.99K Views
How to get funding for my project?

I have two projects that I think have potential, I have done my research and there isn't anything like that on the market as of now. I have spoken to a few people who might be end users of the...

asked Nov 28 '13 at 04:47
Blank
Abhishek Asthana
106 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.18K Views
Beta Crowdfunding

We are launching our startup, and would like to crowdfund a beta. Since the service already exists, the users would donate, and get their accounts first before everyone else can sign up - with...

asked Nov 21 '13 at 01:18
Blank
Erik Aigner
116 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.38K Views
Are there ANY sources of seed funding for UK Startups that aren't "tech" related

I'm looking for funding for a business, lets say its the "creative / media" market. I am trying to get seed Equity funding but am hitting a brick wall trying to find this. all investment groups /...

asked Sep 10 '13 at 18:24
Blank
Darkcat Studios
190 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.23K Views
Crowdfunding a volunteer's prize for a non-profit startup

In order to float this particular startup, I need a prize mechanism that can: 1) take money from a crowdfunder like Kickstarter; 2) select a winning volunteer based on the funders' votes; and 3)...

asked Aug 11 '13 at 15:08
Blank
Michael Allan
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.91K Views
Online payment in Middle East and Developing Countries

I'm establishing a crowdfunding website for Start Ups. So far I figured out the only way to replace online payment would be through mobiles. I'm currently establishing this in Iraq (paypal is not...

asked Jan 25 '13 at 01:32
Blank
Observer
78 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.83K Views
Are KickStarter and IndieGogo incompatible?

Is there anything stopping me from posting my project on both crowdfunding sites KickStarter and IndieGogo? My rationale for doing so would be that I would expose myself to more people. Are there...

asked Dec 22 '12 at 07:09
Blank
Randomblue
154 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.19K Views
What are some good techniques for marketing a crowdfunding campaign?

Question: What strategies have been proven to work in marketing a crowdfunding campaign? Background: We/I have a project called WikiSeat, and we have tried (unsuccessfully) to run a campaign on...

asked Dec 4 '12 at 05:46
Blank
Apis Girl
38 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.01K Views
Can I use crowd-funding to switch to an open-source model?

I am the technical founder of a 4-years-old startup. After two rounds of funding with small European VCs, some very good customers (government agencies, big retail customer, ...), a unique product...

asked Dec 13 '12 at 07:34
Blank
Math
111 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.36K Views
Kickstarter in EU : still not possible?

I've seen a few posts on this site about crowdsourcing which imply that it's not possible to use kickstarter outside the US. I'm wondering where does this information come from ? Any sources ? I...

asked Oct 16 '12 at 16:30
Blank
Dinaiz
116 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.83K Views
Follow the developing SEC's regulations related to the JOBS bill?

I would like to follow the development of the regulations so as to better understand them when they are finalized. How/where can I follow the developing SEC's regulations related to the JOBS...

asked May 14 '12 at 04:35
Blank
Russ O'matic
6 points

5 Votes
1 Answers
1.96K Views
When can I start using CrowdSource Funding?

Now that the JOBS Act has been passed and signed when can I start raising capital through CrowdSource Funding?

asked May 9 '12 at 09:22
Blank
User17876
26 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.57K Views
Promote an enterprise application - Crowdfunding or investors

Let me introduce my situation. I made an intensive research about the area of my product (that is a software), I have the prototype, the business plan, the promo video, the landing page and blog...

asked Feb 20 '14 at 22:39
Blank
------
1 point