Currency Questions

3 Votes
3 Answers
5.28K Views
Is it legal to pay employees or contractors in bitcoin (artificial e-currency)?

I am from central Europe, and there is really HUGE taxation (about 0,44 on wages, 0,2 on goods, so about 55pct goes to taxation black hole). I got idea - is it useful scenario to pay my employees...

asked Mar 26 '12 at 00:14
Blank
Joseph
21 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.12K Views
Legalities with starting a gambling site that uses Bitcoin?

Since Bitcoins aren't actual currency, would it be legal to start a gambling website where it's the only accepted form of payment?I'm located in the United States.I've done some research and didn't...

asked Mar 18 '14 at 16:42
Blank
Carolyn Luke
10 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.36K Views
website trust, making charitable donations transparent

So I have a question about the theoretical holding of charitable donations. So I have a start up idea that I am busy coding away on... At the base of the idea is spreading the wealth of humanity,...

asked Apr 20 '13 at 07:45
Blank
Brendan Morrison
106 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.12K Views
Holding and spending USD from Australia

My business is based in Australia, but most of my sales are made in the USA in US dollars, and most of the bills my business pays are also paid in USD (via debit card). I know that some...

asked Oct 16 '12 at 13:27
Blank
Paul Stovell
204 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.84K Views
Setting fixed prices on non fixed cost?

I'm wondering whether any of you use services from outside your country to provide a service inside your country. If so, how do you go about setting your prices? For example, if I had a website...

asked Apr 17 '12 at 23:08
Blank
I Scotts
152 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
How and when is sales tax calculated when payment is made with a foreign currency?

When the buyer is paying cash, how and when is sales tax calculated when payment is made with a foreign currency? Guessing it's the same as if the transaction had been paid in currency the tax is...

asked Mar 30 '12 at 10:43
Blank
Blunders .
899 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.3K Views
A very simple multi-currency accounting system

I run a small limited company in the UK which requires very simple bookkeeping. The company sales online services (internet apps) and the only costs the company have are: domain and...

asked Feb 12 '12 at 22:58
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
1.97K Views
How do I exchange foreign currencies into GBP?

How do I calculate how much my UK limited company earns in British Pounds if I take payments in foreign curriencies (Polish zloty and Euros), and how I then know how much tax I need to pay? In...

asked Feb 8 '12 at 07:20
Blank
Lukeshek
452 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.33K Views
best digital currency platform or script?

I want to implement digital currency, so people can buy currency with real money and spend it on stuff on my site. are there any sites like recurly.com but for providing digital currency function...

asked Aug 12 '11 at 13:53
Blank
Kim Jong Woo
644 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.5K Views
Risks caused by Euro collapse

I am running a start-up business in Denmark. Denmark is not a part of the Euro, but the currency has been pegged to the Euro for many years. I believe that there is a significant risk of a collapse...

asked Jun 18 '11 at 03:04
Blank
David
1,567 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.61K Views
How to set your price in USD and EUR?

Many US-based companies charge the same amount in the US as in Europe: a certain item will cost 100 USD when bought in the US, and 100 EUR when bought in Europe. This really means that the European...

asked May 11 '11 at 21:37
Blank
Philippe
297 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.67K Views
Offshore developer rates and exchange rates

I am trying to budget our prototype development costs using offshore versus national (Spain in my case) developers. Does anyone know what it costs to hire quality, let's say Indian or other...

asked May 6 '11 at 23:51
Blank
Miguel Buckenmeyer
482 points