Customer Support Questions

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.54K Views
Working on localizing my iPhone app's content, but how do I handle customer support?

Although my iPhone app is currently written in English, I see a lot of purchases from non-English speaking countries. These purchases would almost certainly go up if the app was available in other...

asked Dec 25 '10 at 08:31
Blank
Bill
198 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.23K Views
What kind of stated support/SLA is a B2B startup expected to provide?

My service is a cloud-application monitoring service. My clients expect my service to monitor their enterprise software or websites and adjust computing power provided to them. What is SLA/support...

asked Dec 1 '10 at 01:34
Blank
Igorek
886 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.29K Views
What do software startups do for support type tasks once the product/site goes live?

For those of you that sell a software package that is installed within an organization (web based or not) how do you handle support? Do you hire a few people to take calls, e-mails and handle the...

asked Oct 20 '10 at 04:41
Blank
Reggie Dunlop
26 points

0 Votes
5 Answers
4.69K Views
Forum/Support/Feedback infrastructure in ASP.NET & SQL Azure?

I'd like to put up a support forum/feedback/message-board feature on my site to support the upcoming preview of our application as well as perhaps host future discussions on related topics. I'm...

asked Oct 2 '10 at 15:17
Blank
Igorek
886 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.13K Views
customer service ticketing system (open source)?

I currently have a simple form for customer feedback / customer issues, this form send an email to [email protected] and then we check that and reply to any inquiries. I'd like to implement a...

asked Oct 8 '10 at 07:31
Blank
Sherif Buzz
462 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
3.09K Views
Are Google Apps (hosted gmail/groups) enough for early stage customer service?

We're currently building a small e-commerce product that involves recurrenct billing (think of domain registration). As the 'tech guy' I don't want to set up a full blown ticketing system at this...

asked May 9 '10 at 00:37
Blank
Roland
33 points

6 Votes
9 Answers
3.64K Views
Should you time your emails to be during business hours?

Do customers care if I reply at three in the morning, or will they think it's unprofessional?

asked Jan 28 '10 at 13:43
Blank
Steve Hanov
596 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
9.07K Views
How to prevent legit emails sent to customers who asked these emails from being considered spam?

I'm bootstrapping a business software and I've got a serious issue: I don't plan on doing any "mass mailing" nor "email campaign". I will never ever send one email to someone who didn't ask. My...

asked Jan 11 '10 at 19:47
Blank
Tristan St.
180 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.73K Views
What are the best resources for registering users?

We are a gift baskets company and part of our business is through our web catalog, which is custom-built in WordPress. I've heard some people saying WordPress is not secure and we should not keep...

asked Jan 13 '10 at 17:33
Blank
Kulpreet Singh
56 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
8.93K Views
buying a customer list

we have been approached by a competitor going out of business of website design to buy their customer list. as exciting this might be it also might bring various issues to the table and to take...

asked Jan 16 '10 at 21:58
Blank
Gobezu
101 points

16 Votes
11 Answers
5.99K Views
How to reject Feature Requests?

How do you reject feature requests nicely especially when the feature request is made publicly via twitter, uservoice or something like ideastorm? For us general reasons to reject are: It's...

asked Dec 26 '09 at 03:12
Blank
The Dictator
2,305 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
8.67K Views
Where can I find a good example of a product roadmap?

I'm looking for a published roadmap for a web application that is still close to the minimum viable product. Ideally on a site that is also using uservoice

asked Dec 28 '09 at 01:54
Blank
User1269
158 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.85K Views
Handling slow customers

I find difficult to handle some customers. They say to meet in some day, but something comes up and they dont appear. They simply have something pressing to do, but I lose time and money with it....

asked Dec 15 '09 at 03:38
Blank
Artur Carvalho
116 points

5 Votes
8 Answers
3.22K Views
Should you create a user's manual for your product?

My assumption has always been that customers refuse to read documentation (or e-mails for that matter). Maintaining an up-to-date comprehensive manual is very involved (potentially a full-time...

asked Nov 12 '09 at 12:53
Blank
Oleg Barshay
2,091 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
3.85K Views
Written only support (not spoken). How it would be perceived?

I'm working to make a software startup and maybe hire/find a couple of coworkers. The problem is that i'm from Chile where the native language is spanish and it is somewhat difficult (expensive)...

asked Nov 13 '09 at 06:04
Blank
Nestor Sanchez A
690 points