Decision Questions

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.44K Views
What is the most critical decision your made in your startup?

What's the most challenging problem you faced in your business and had to make a critical decision?Mine was accepting that our niche wasn't big enough (due to lack of due diligence done before...

asked Jun 14 '15 at 15:11
Blank
Melvin Jordan
51 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.57K Views
serious vs fun name for startup

What are the Pros and Cons to each approach? Background: We have developed an pedometer based fundraising model and already have a couple clients. Now we want to begin marketing it to the...

asked Aug 1 '13 at 00:41
Blank
Michael Horwitz
21 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
2.22K Views
Need a service but I don't know much about it

As a decision maker in my startup I want to be better informed when contracting someone for a service, especially. Years ago I was led to believe anyone with a computer and good eye could easily...

asked Nov 8 '12 at 09:05
Blank
Robert Carr
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.94K Views
Having hard time to decide for a lead dev position in a start-up (Paris)

I am in the following situation where i got an offer to join a start-up in Paris for a lead ios dev position. The field they are working on is a mix of technology and art which really fit to my...

asked Oct 30 '12 at 16:19
Blank
Tiguero
106 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.07K Views
How to work on multiple ideas?

I have multiple projects of different type and in different status, some of them are more like a business and some more like a hobby. In total there are 8. Some are started, other are launched...

asked Sep 9 '12 at 20:17
Blank
Alexandru Trandafir Catalin
157 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.8K Views
What ideas are better left for non-profit?

I have recently been working on a site which showcases open source projects. My partner and I have discussed business plans (with premium services and whatnot), but finally decided to keep the...

asked May 1 '12 at 06:11
Blank
Lance Lafontaine
190 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
2.61K Views
How much say should technical co-founder have in deciding features/look of half-technical product?

Consider a startup that offers a specific technical solution to a generic problem in a certain creative industry. One core part of that solution is a website, and it caters to customers mostly...

asked Dec 4 '11 at 02:23
Blank
Geradeausanwalt
116 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.24K Views
How do you decide whether to commit to a project?

I have several startup ideas waiting in a drawer, some of which are probably worth further exploring and continuing to a full business plan and start execution. A different person would probably...

asked Oct 27 '11 at 20:58
Blank
Robert Koritnik
308 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.96K Views
Stick with one technology or go for several technologies?

When starting a small software business what would be ideal and why? I mean in the context of technologies 1- Stick with only one technology ( ex: only Java ) 2- Go for several technologies (...

asked Oct 13 '11 at 13:40
Blank
D Shan
68 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.23K Views
Right action, right time--what's the next action?

I'm following the lean startup/customer development process (particularly Ash Maurya's 'Running Lean' book) and I have been implementing tasks in parallel rather than in a queue. At the moment, I...

asked Jul 11 '11 at 04:23
Blank
Hart
21 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
1.92K Views
How do I choose a leader for my startup?

OK I was reading this post here Equity distribution amongst startup co-founders And I was thinking ok once the equity has been discussed and agreed upon, who is the leader,Is it the guy with the...

asked Jun 5 '11 at 06:45
Blank
I Scotts
152 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.75K Views
Are Investors needed in internet startup?

The business founder on my team thinks we need 45-60% of investors since he doesn't have a full time job (and thus no income coming in) since he is a fresh graduate. Is this a realistic reasoning...

asked Apr 25 '11 at 23:57
Blank
User9968
229 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.02K Views
How investors decide, jockey or horse?

For your experience do investors bet on the jockey (founder-s) more than on the horse (idea), when it comes to startups? Also what is general considered attractive investment opportunity when it...

asked Mar 17 '11 at 11:00
Blank
Mat Banik
325 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.31K Views
Forming Partnership - I need directions and guidance to make the right decision at early stage of a startup

I'm a programmer and developer - and that is what i'm good at, although i do have some self-claimed ( :) ) Entrepreneur skills and Managerial traits since i'm already running a Web Development...

asked Feb 22 '11 at 16:48
Blank
User7962
6 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.16K Views
Side Project Selection Criteria

I have several side projects that I am considering working on. Some are for non-profits while others could lead to a new gig. I was wondering some of the criteria that everyone uses to select or...

asked Nov 29 '10 at 12:10
Blank
Jarie Bolander
11,421 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.78K Views
How do you make decisions in teams?

My [business] partner and I are constantly arguing about how we should do certain things for the SaaS we are creating and we reach a conclusion and a good decision (i think) after hours of aruging...

asked Feb 20 '10 at 01:30
Blank
Abs
21 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
4.51K Views
How to make decisions with a lack of information?

Sometimes decisions are hard to make because of a lack of information or a crystal ball. The advice I've heard is that the important thing is to make a decision at all. The worse someone can do is...

asked Jan 19 '10 at 10:39
Blank
Wilhelm
113 points

7 Votes
3 Answers
2.68K Views
What decision you made in 2009 had the biggest impact on the growth of your business?

I started treating - information as a commodity. This change in mindset opened up many more possibilities and opportunities. Basic idea is that much information can be treated like any food item....

asked Dec 3 '09 at 20:40
Blank
Arpit Tambi
1,050 points

6 Votes
11 Answers
4.26K Views
Should I join a startup or take a regular dev job?

I am currently looking at job opportunities and the two most enticing are either a developer at a medium sized company or i have been offered a job at a new startup. The money at the development...

asked Nov 8 '09 at 20:13
Blank
Sev
31 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.37K Views
Startup field change..worth a risk?

I am IT guy. But I have a friend who is interested in doing business with me in manufacturing industry. Friend has enough experience / knowledge in that field. So far I haven't got success in IT...

asked Oct 14 '09 at 22:56
Blank
Web Thinker
430 points