Delaware Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.05K Views
Hiring freelancers (national and international) as a Delaware LLC

As a startup apart from members of the LLC, we just want to utilize the services of freelancers rather than having any employees. Could you please let me know what are things that I need to be...

asked Oct 4 '17 at 13:56
Blank
John
1 point

1 Votes
0 Answers
4.31K Views
Does the Delaware LLC need a resale license to sell online to customers in other states of America?

Hello, Need an advice. We are foreigners who have registered an LLC company in Delaware and we do have EIN. We are planning to do an e-commerce business in USA (online shop) with the help of...

asked Mar 12 '15 at 09:23
Blank
Taty
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.57K Views
Why incorporate in Delaware and not your home state?

What are the specific reasons to incorporate your company in Delaware instead of the state you reside in? Almost everyone states that Delaware is the primary choice for businesses.What are some...

asked Apr 11 '14 at 16:29
Blank
Austin Fermin
32 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
4.28K Views
Can I leave my LLC "VOID" in Delaware?

I wasn't aware that I had to pay Franchise Tax in Delaware, whats the worst thing that will happen if I leave the LLC "VOID". Can I still have a good standing LLC in NY?

asked May 29 '13 at 04:25
Blank
Nsh Please
1 point

1 Votes
1 Answers
10.2K Views
Close an unused Delaware LLC without paying franchise tax?

3 years ago, I created a Delaware LLC with a partner with the purpose of running an online business through it, that we were working on. Before we ever got off the ground, it turned out the partner...

asked May 1 '13 at 06:09
Blank
Valdemar Petersen
6 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.02K Views
Paying Delaware franchise even if filed after the end of accounting year

Ok so this is somewhat urgent since the Delaware franchise tax is due in a day, but right as I was about to pay I had a question: Do I need to pay any franchise taxes this year even though I...

asked Feb 28 '13 at 18:05
Blank
Neon Blue Hair
66 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
4.58K Views
Minimum Cost of Par Value for 10 million Common Shares (Delaware)

It is my understanding that many tech startups form their C Corp in Delaware and issue 10 million common shares for various reasons. My question has to do with Par Value per share. Most startups...

asked Nov 22 '12 at 04:08
Blank
Chris
120 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
9.53K Views
Tax haven in Delaware with a single-member LLC formed by a non-resident alien?

While I'm researching what I need to pay in taxes for my LLC formed in Delaware (I'm a non-resident alien from China), I found this page which is very interesting:...

asked Nov 22 '12 at 20:02
Blank
Kavoir.Com
129 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.05K Views
How are corportate 'starter' funds taxed, if at all?

When opening up a new corporate bank account, are initial deposits looked at as income, and therefore considered taxable? Or are they counted as 'funding' (or some other term) and therefore...

asked Nov 2 '12 at 07:01
Blank
Nas
6 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
4.05K Views
How to incorporate a Delaware C-Corp for a startup with two founders?

My co-founder and I recently went through the process of incorporation. I just got back the documents for the filing of a Delaware C-Corp and noticed my lawyer setup my co-founder as director and...

asked Sep 1 '12 at 08:40
Blank
Rjgonzo
157 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
4.06K Views
Should I register my C Corp in Delaware if I live in Virginia and I'm doing business in Virginia?

I called a CPA in Virginia and he told me it's better to create your C corp in Delaware, because their tax system is so flexible that you don't need to pay for state tax. Is that true? And is it Ok...

asked Aug 3 '12 at 00:49
Blank
Hendi Valentino
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.61K Views
What are the options for a non US citizen for adding payment options like Amazon Payments to their app?

Amazon payments has a strict list of requirements including having a US EIN or SSN, a state driver's license and US residency. Google Checkout is not yet available in Canada. What are the steps...

asked May 27 '12 at 17:47
Blank
Calydon
26 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.3K Views
Having less equity than an investor

Suppose a company (C-Corp, Delaware) with 5 co-founders, each having 20% of the shares. Then an investor wants 30% of the company, which will leave each co-founder diluted to 14%. Besides...

asked Mar 27 '12 at 00:37
Blank
Anon User
62 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.61K Views
I formed an LLC on November last yr and dissolved it on December, should I report this LLC to IRS?

I formed a Delaware LLC on November last year, and soon I found that the c-corp is more suitable for my situation, so I decided to dissolve this LLC, it has been dissolved on December last year...

asked Feb 25 '12 at 09:12
Blank
Silent
111 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
4.78K Views
How to register LLC in USA or LTD in UK and bank account, for foreigner?

I am from Serbia, Europe (Not Europe Union country). I develop Android apps and would like to sell them on Android market. I can not register for Google merchant account from Serbia so I need...

asked Nov 8 '11 at 01:08
Blank
Saša Šijak
28 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.45K Views
Where to incorporate software startup?

The scenario: we are a startup software company that will be selling our applications through Apple's network (iTunes and Mac App Store). One co-founder is located in Toronto, Ontario. The other...

asked Oct 7 '11 at 08:24
Blank
Chris
11 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
3.04K Views
Considerations such as vesting for Founder Agreement

I'm planning to file a Delaware LLC for a partnership where I'm the majority owner of our self-funded startup. One key goal for me is to incorporate a vesting option among owners where equity is...

asked Sep 28 '11 at 05:35
Blank
Sheepish
6 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
3K Views
Did you incorporate in Delaware and get surprised by the minimum annual franchise tax this year?

Looks like the DE Franchise Tax Board & SecState changed the minimum authorized shares tax - a lot of companies that incorporated this past year may have been unaware of this change or not sure...

asked Apr 14 '11 at 08:44
Blank
Henry The Hengineer
4,316 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.96K Views
Banking Solution For Online Delaware Corp

I am about to register a corp in Delaware. I need to find a bank that can help me in opening a bank account, without having to go there in person. I have been told that this is possible if the bank...

asked Dec 17 '10 at 21:21
Blank
Prateek Mishra
137 points