Deliverability Questions

16 Votes
7 Answers
4.13K Views
Dealing with a Slow Developer

We outsourced development (out of the country) to get a prototype of our site put together. The developer estimated 8 weeks for the project, but admitted that they could not guarantee that it might...

asked Oct 21 '11 at 20:17
Blank
D Moore
174 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
3.52K Views
Do you use a service for ensuring email deliverability (like Sendgrid, Postmark, etc.)? Why or why not? If so, what service?

Using an external service for delivering your emails can take a lot of load off your shoulders if deliverability is a must. Services like Sendgrid and Postmark have pre-configured, whitelisted...

asked May 16 '10 at 05:47
Blank
Mark Bao
604 points

5 Votes
4 Answers
9.04K Views
How to prevent legit emails sent to customers who asked these emails from being considered spam?

I'm bootstrapping a business software and I've got a serious issue: I don't plan on doing any "mass mailing" nor "email campaign". I will never ever send one email to someone who didn't ask. My...

asked Jan 11 '10 at 19:47
Blank
Tristan St.
180 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
1.96K Views
Should I use a seperate but related domain to send reports from my new webapp?

In other webapps I've done I've always sent email from the same domain as the app. However for my next project I'm thinking of using a related domain. For example if my webapp domain was...

asked Jan 4 '10 at 05:42
Blank
Doug Martin
123 points