Developers Questions

8 Votes
7 Answers
3.57K Views
I think I've been scammed by a programmer I hired

I had this brilliant startup idea for a while, and finally had some small funds to hire a programmer. It's been about two months now with no functionality results, and only design/theme drafts. I...

asked Nov 29 '12 at 12:13
Blank
Yangt09
55 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
2.39K Views
How to divide equity between founders in university spin-off?

Possible Duplicate: Forming a new software startup, how do I allocate ownership fairly? The history of the project: The project started four years ago based on the works and idea of one of the...

asked Oct 25 '12 at 21:34
Blank
Robin
6 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
1.95K Views
Getting a team of developers to join the bandwagon

I've been planning a social web app for about 12 months now, we have a large project team of about 23 members, a few technical team members but they're all currently busy with study or current...

asked Oct 6 '12 at 06:07
Blank
Will S
6 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.15K Views
Adding my own developer to freelance team

Hear is my issue: I hired a freelance development firm to create a web app for my business. The developer is very talented and they produce great work. However, development has been very slow and...

asked Aug 27 '12 at 22:35
Blank
Jeff Gaudette
45 points

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.4K Views
Is it possible for developers to take on an existing project of another developer(s) or programmer(s)?

Wondering if it's possible to hire a new set of developers to take on an existing project not completed by previous developers? Some complained it may be difficult to understand the codes developed...

asked Jul 17 '12 at 01:48
Blank
Wanda Pebbs
11 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.29K Views
One man company looking to expand already built in PHP. Is now the time to switch to Ruby?

I'm a website owner and I develop in Yii so in short, I think I'm working with more or less the "best" PHP has to offer (e.g. PDO, OOP...etc). My primary website (which is not built in any...

asked Apr 27 '12 at 04:04
Blank
Well Hungarian
116 points

-1 Votes
2 Answers
1.85K Views
Starting development company, how to start?

We are a team of 3 people who are developers. We would like to offer services like website / webapp development mobile app development desktop app development We are only coders, we dont have...

asked May 7 '12 at 18:40
Blank
Ahmed Al Hafoudh
108 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.01K Views
Paying App developers in equity?

I am starting a software company. We will start with one service in particular, but will expand from there. My question is, is it reasonable to pay developers in equity alone? Also, seperate...

asked Apr 11 '12 at 02:41
Blank
User51648
9 points

2 Votes
4 Answers
2.71K Views
Software Development company

we are a group of contractors and we have been working as senior developers for more than 15 years. We have worked in retailer, insurances and media agencies and we got a very strong back ground in...

asked Mar 16 '12 at 19:32
Blank
Massimiliano Peluso
172 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.33K Views
Hiring developers. Ways to reach out?

My company has finally gotten to a place where we can hire a second developer, and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for doing recruiting (that are hopefully cheap). I've posted to...

asked Jan 25 '12 at 06:01
Blank
Bwasson
1,162 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.55K Views
How do you find developers that will join a new company?

Though I have come across many developers, I still cannot find where there might be a place where Senior developers who love to work in start ups can be found and who understand financial...

asked Apr 20 '10 at 05:59
Blank
Stacey
484 points

8 Votes
14 Answers
4.49K Views
How to hire the best developers?

Joel Spolsky is always writing about how companies should treat and offer the best to their developers in order to be able to get the best of them. As a startup, when the time comes and you do need...

asked Oct 10 '09 at 12:44
Blank
Ricardo
4,815 points