Development Questions

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.24K Views
How to get started in the defense industry?

I've always been particularly intrigued by the defense industry in general amongst many other industries as I have a pretty strong entrepreneurial spirit since I was a kid, starting my first...

asked Nov 14 '12 at 16:05
Blank
Goose
16 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.83K Views
How do I get sponsors or funding for a project?

Here in Tanzania it seems that education is becoming less and less important. So I decided to design a "READ for SUCCESS" project which will convince people to back college/school and to motivate...

asked Oct 23 '12 at 22:13
Blank
Kareem
6 points

8 Votes
2 Answers
2.5K Views
When a huge company copies your startup

What do you do when a huge online company (as dominant as say Google, Apple, Microsoft etc in their respective niche) has a big feature that's been lacking in their very popular product, and your...

asked Nov 5 '12 at 23:57
Blank
Nyxynyx
193 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.19K Views
Find an engineering position at a startup

What is the best way to find an engineering position at a startup? Typical job listing sites don't often have postings for these opportunities. While I realize networking is key, how does one get...

asked Oct 6 '12 at 15:16
Blank
Wwwuser
125 points

-2 Votes
1 Answers
2.42K Views
What is the fastest method to create the current, trendy websites (static 'n' dynamic)?

What is the fastest method to create the current, trendy websites (static 'n' dynamic)? I have seen website being built from scratch, and from a pre-defined template. I am little curious to know...

asked Sep 24 '12 at 02:07
Blank
Jeet7seven
1 point

0 Votes
0 Answers
1.71K Views
Shares to programmers

Possible Duplicate: Forming a new software startup, how do I allocate ownership fairly? So I friend of mine has this idea for a kind of social network based on video blogging, for obvious...

asked Aug 21 '12 at 03:14
Blank
J Striedinger
1 point

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.33K Views
To the Coders...what would you consider acceptable terms to join a new start up?

If you were approached by an idea guy (one with not much money), and lets say that the idea itself was an 8 to 10...what would you consider acceptable terms to join the start up? If you could give...

asked Aug 24 '12 at 09:57
Blank
Derek
164 points

3 Votes
7 Answers
2.4K Views
Contact Us Forms

Are "Contact Us" forms still relavant to small businesses/startups or have other more social means (facebook, twitter, etc) become the preferred method of contact.

asked Aug 29 '12 at 04:55
Blank
User19444
21 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.65K Views
what is a fair percentage ownership for sole developer of tech startup (4th co-founder)?

My husband was brought on as a 4th partner of a startup last year. Unfortunately, he did not take the LLC legal docs to a lawyer to make sure the % he was being offered was fair before signing. He...

asked Jul 27 '12 at 16:38
Blank
Tracy
11 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
2.18K Views
If I attend a hack-a-thon event to work on a prototype, how much ownership do I give up?

I was thinking about attending a hack-a-thon event to get help creating a prototype. I am a non technical founder and was told this route may be a good option. However, I just found out that you...

asked Jul 7 '12 at 12:13
Blank
Derek
164 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
3.02K Views
What kind of development team will we need?

How many developers would it take to build another Facebook? Or at least a trimmed down version. Can one good developer do it, or would we need a large team? I have three partners, none of us has...

asked Jun 15 '12 at 14:12
Blank
Derek
164 points

1 Votes
8 Answers
3.03K Views
Do 2 Part time Developers = 1 full time developer?

If I could partner with 2 or more part time developers, would this be enough and as good as having a full time developer? Eg 4 part time developers = 2 full time developers? I am basing this on...

asked Jun 2 '12 at 00:20
Blank
I Scotts
152 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.13K Views
Equity when joining an established business

Given an offer to join an established company, earning at least a couple of million a year in revenue (under 10 employees) and which is a subsidiary to a multi billion dollar parent company; what...

asked May 10 '12 at 01:34
Blank
Maxim Gershkovich
234 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Issues with Start-Up and Co-Founders

Currently I am stuck in a messy situation where I am the only designer/developer for the web driven start up, along with being co-founder, the other two co-founders (business guy and editor), are...

asked Apr 12 '12 at 03:23
Blank
Izzy
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.63K Views
How do you manage ideas effectively?

I've been working on an idea with a while now and plan to go full startup come the summer. However, every now and then I'll get another awesome (at least, it seems awesome) idea. I'm never sure...

asked Apr 6 '12 at 06:57
Blank
Max Mackie
166 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.98K Views
Do two co-founders pair program during early stage of startup?

I have a startup with 2 co-founders (me and my partner). My partner is a programmer, whereas I am a half-programmer, half-designer, half-business guy. I have had exceptional experience with pair...

asked Mar 17 '12 at 17:41
Blank
Victor
593 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.19K Views
What should be our commission/expectation if we can help a big company to stop losing money?

Short background: we are 3 developers who formed a small startup for a very niche market. We do mostly programing but recently we started to provide consultancy as well. We've been working with a...

asked Mar 23 '12 at 11:23
Blank
Adhg
250 points

3 Votes
4 Answers
2.39K Views
Am I a co-founder?

I'm trying to figure out what my role is... Backstory: Late last year (October/November) I was asked by an acquaintance If I'd be keen to help develop a SaaS product that he & his brother had...

asked Mar 4 '12 at 16:42
Blank
Kyebosh
18 points

2 Votes
5 Answers
2.23K Views
Have an idea - general outline - what's the next step?

A good friend (and former colleague of mine) has put together a general executive summary of a SaaS product idea. She has an excellent presentation, good statement of the need the product meets,...

asked Mar 10 '12 at 08:22
Blank
Chris
4,214 points

1 Votes
0 Answers
1.82K Views
percentage for revenue developer and sales man

Possible Duplicate: Forming a new software startup, how do I allocate ownership fairly? Im a developer of mobile apps [mostly iOS, a bit of android]. I work by day on iOS development, with a few...

asked Feb 13 '12 at 14:21
Blank
Ma Ko
106 points