Dilution Questions

0 Votes
0 Answers
2.02K Views
2 month old company with 2 partners. My partner left but not returning shares.

I have a Delaware entity with full control and I brought a partner that I gave about 45% of the outstanding shares. My partner did not like how I ran the business and left. The original business...

asked Apr 26 '18 at 00:10
Blank
Nick Flynn
1 point

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.4K Views
Founders: how to prevent getting fired by the board after raising a few rounds of financing (with dilution of your ownership)?

Once you raise a few rounds of capital, your equity ownership most likely gets diluted to a minority stake. There is nothing that stops the board from firing the founder at this point. How do you...

asked May 27 '14 at 23:13
Blank
Joshua Propp
11 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
1.9K Views
Investor is concerned with Dilution. Would a LOC help us with the future?

We are in our first round of startup fundraising. We need $50,000 for business growth and we currently have one investor who is interested in investing $25,000 for 5%. He is concerned with his 5%...

asked Nov 5 '13 at 08:36
Blank
Ramsey B.
11 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
3.01K Views
pre money startup equity for founding partner who now will become a silent partner

my business partner and i recently decided to terminate our partnership. primarily my decision, but he reluctantly has agreed. we have one concept (a web consumer service/app) that we spent 6...

asked Jul 3 '13 at 23:53
Blank
User732013
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.42K Views
When one of three founders add a capital round alone, how should he be compensated? Note or Equity

We have a startup with 3 co-founders each having 33.3% of the company. So far we have raised 100k internally and split it 3 ways. Now we wanted to raise another 100k round internally. If one...

asked Aug 17 '12 at 00:18
Blank
Calman5555
1 point

2 Votes
3 Answers
2.43K Views
Unilateral equity investment by a founder

I am one of three founders (all part time) of a software start up which is still in early stages. Considerable effort has been logged even though no formal arrangements have been made. We have...

asked Aug 20 '12 at 06:49
Blank
Mr. Anderson
13 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
3.34K Views
Founder Anti-Dilution Clause

We are 3 founding partners in an early stage start up. We are all good friends, and just started to negotiate an equity agreement. Our goal is to be fair, but also be fundable, as we will be...

asked Jul 11 '12 at 08:56
Blank
Derek
164 points

9 Votes
1 Answers
3.4K Views
Fired from startup, vested equity

I was recently terminated from a startup without cause, where I was one of several founders owning a decent percentage of stock. We also had an angel investor (incubator) in with us for a small...

asked Jul 13 '12 at 16:31
Blank
Startup Monster
48 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.23K Views
dilution of stock options for a company going through multiple rounds of funding?

How can I have an idea of the dilution of employee stock options for a company that is going through different rounds of funding? For example, a company that has received a total of $100M funding...

asked May 7 '12 at 22:02
Blank
68 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.81K Views
What is the interpretation of "full protection" here?

Excerpt from a Venture Capital book: If an investor with a $100M fund has set aside $5M to invest in a particular company over its life, what proportion of the $5M should it invest in the first...

asked Apr 9 '12 at 00:44
Blank
Ryan
162 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.8K Views
How can the co-founders equity (economic and control) be protected by being diluted in excess?

How can the co-founders that hold a minority of the shares be protected against: A dilution of his equity (economic and control) triggered by the shareholders that hold a majority of the...

asked Apr 2 '12 at 07:27
Blank
Jj.
29 points

1 Votes
4 Answers
2.69K Views
Is there another way to dilute successful startup company stock that I've never heard of?

I am a founding investor in a 3 year old startup company and own about 2.5% of the company stock. I was initially involved as a consultant but I haven't been involved for the last 1.5 yrs. The...

asked Mar 10 '12 at 14:05
Blank
Robert
9 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
11.2K Views
Non-diluting equity for founders on an early startup LLC

The CEO of a LLC early startup plans to assign non-dilutable equity to the founders. Each founder will take a small amount of equity, leaving a pool for future employees and investors. IMHO, what...

asked Feb 11 '12 at 02:38
Blank
Anon User
62 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
5.45K Views
What happens to the angel's / A round investor's stake on subsequent rounds, in the Valley?

As far as I understand, when the next round happens, the startup emits new shares that are sold to new investors under newly negotiated valuation. Does this lead to the previous investor's shares...

asked Jan 7 '12 at 01:28
Blank
Fedd
8 points

2 Votes
1 Answers
3.26K Views
Questions around vesting vis-a-vis dilution, leaving a company and being fired from a company

I am just curious about vesting as against 3 things - Dilution, a Co-founder leaving, a co-founder getting fired Please assume a 2-man team with the equity split among the founder & CEO (A)...

asked Nov 15 '11 at 00:23
Blank
Rokstr Dli
36 points

5 Votes
2 Answers
2.74K Views
Diluting stock of a company

How would one go about Diluting stock in company and what are the most common situations where dilution occurs?

asked Sep 23 '11 at 02:25
Blank
Mat Banik
325 points