Ecommerce Questions

1 Votes
5 Answers
2.17K Views
What do potential customers look for once they land on the homepage?

If a potential customer visit to a particular website, what are the things he will check, 1) What is the page rank of the website 2) what is the competency of the company 3) How much clients...

asked Jan 11 '12 at 22:34
Blank
Denil
1 point

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.78K Views
Cross-platform Payment System in South Korea

I am planning to have an online business targeting South Korea. It seems that most Korean payment gateways only support Internet Explorer and Windows. It is severely limited for other browser and...

asked Jan 12 '12 at 08:07
Blank
Ryan Rho
53 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
2.51K Views
Small consultancy - first .NET software product out. Advice on release, marketing and selling?

About a year ago I set up a Ltd company to provide IT/Software consultancy to various firms in and around London, UK. This has been going very well and I just completed my first full years accounts...

asked Jan 2 '12 at 06:41
Blank
Andrew Burnett Thompson
193 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
3.1K Views
How to start a UK online business? (admin)

A few years ago I had an idea for an online business, its going to operate as a freemium model and simply deal with information no tangible goods. since then I have been creating the site learning...

asked Jan 8 '12 at 06:09
Blank
Dave
113 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
1.73K Views
Does anyone know of golfcentric angel investors?

I have been working on finding an investor for the LTPGA - The Less Than Perfect Golfers Association, Inc. Finding a golf-centric angel who has a sense of humor would be ideal. The basic math is...

asked Dec 27 '11 at 14:39
Blank
Bubba G
1 point

1 Votes
2 Answers
5.32K Views
Bookkeeping practices for a website using electronic payments (e.g. Paypal)

I am in the process of setting up an accounting "system" (well set of procedures etc). For most businesses, the books of original entry include: Sales Day Book Sales Return Day Book As I...

asked Dec 9 '11 at 04:23
Blank
Morpheous
23 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
5.4K Views
Can I sell in the US without a SSN?

I wanted to start a US business - despite being based in the UK - because the US is where most of my target market is (besides suppliers). I've read on PayPal's site...

asked Dec 17 '11 at 19:15
Blank
Jason.Ppdev
35 points

6 Votes
1 Answers
2.4K Views
Automated recurring billing systems Paypal vs others

We have today paypal integration, which was very simple, one time purchase. Now we want to into recurring payment model and charge users on monthly or yearly basis. We would also allow users to...

asked Dec 3 '11 at 07:50
Blank
Jewelthief
151 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.11K Views
E-commerce and electronic payment laws. Where can I read them?

As the title says I need to read e-commerce and e-payment related laws of the following countries: Canada, USA, European Union, Philipinnes, South Korea, UK, China. Links are appreciated? My...

asked Nov 25 '11 at 21:04
Blank
Asterisk
116 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.04K Views
How do I find good developers to join a start-up on a low-budget

Im located in Minneapolis,Mn. Im starting up an online business here in U.S with market focus in Africa.Im building an e-commerce (auction) site for the growing African savvy internet users. I am...

asked Nov 27 '11 at 17:43
Blank
Onu Kaycee F
21 points

2 Votes
2 Answers
2.28K Views
Do you think it would make a difference if customers knew you were a one-man-band?

I'm having a dispute with someone who has a commerce website, they want to maintain a professional image and prefer not to reveal to [potential] customers that they are in fact an entrepreneur...

asked Nov 27 '11 at 22:09
Blank
Mantorok
113 points

3 Votes
3 Answers
6.35K Views
Is it legal to make/sell candy from home?

My wife is really getting into making hard candy from home, including cough drops. She's wanting to start selling them on Etsy. But, we're having trouble finding any information on whether or not...

asked Nov 8 '11 at 10:45
Blank
Joshmax
118 points

-2 Votes
3 Answers
3.03K Views
How to start a hosted ecommerce solution like Shopify and Volusion?

I'm thinking of building a django application which is like an online shopping mall similar to eBay and Amazon. My business model is somewhat like that of Shopify or Volusion, which means I will...

asked Nov 14 '11 at 11:48
Blank
User14412
1 point

3 Votes
2 Answers
1.94K Views
Sales Tax on Digital Purchases

Are you required to charge sales tax for digitally downloaded content? (e-book, video, etc) Location: Florida

asked Oct 25 '11 at 08:51
Blank
Hatch108
120 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
1.88K Views
How would you design navigation for a specialty marketplace?

My friends and I have recently launched Midtown Row, an online marketplace focused on acclaimed specialty brands. We want to make sure navigating the site is easy for our users, and that we're also...

asked Oct 26 '11 at 02:50
Blank
Kevin Cho
6 points

3 Votes
1 Answers
4.12K Views
What is the difference between a Payment Processor and a Merchant Account and Payment Gateway?

I'm also wondering what each of those does. Seems like with the Ecommerce solution I'm considering that everytime I think I've got it all figured out, it turns out that we need yet another service...

asked Nov 2 '11 at 07:28
Blank
Clay Nichols
737 points

3 Votes
5 Answers
3.1K Views
Selling products online in the US from India

My Business is to have an to sell products online (online store). My business name has just been approved and I have also purchased the company desired domain. I am in the process of taking my...

asked Oct 18 '11 at 20:40
Blank
Kobi Cob
16 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
1.88K Views
Good app for monitoring ecommerce site?

I might be looking for the impossible. What I want is a program that will allow me to track my ecommerce sales (wordlwide), graphically, create goals, charts, etc, and maybe even have a...

asked Oct 19 '11 at 08:04
Blank
Jdh
182 points

4 Votes
2 Answers
3.03K Views
What effect(s) does Google's Panda 2.5 update have on new websites in the SERP?

I recently launched 3 websites (within the past 7-10 months) that had been steadily increasing in the rankings on Google search up until this past weekend, when I noticed a huge drop across most of...

asked Oct 6 '11 at 04:18
Blank
Dan Male
108 points

3 Votes
7 Answers
2.65K Views
What do you build in your e-commerce site to gain consumer trust?

I'm co-founding a start-up that is developing an e-commerce app. We're trying to decide what features to build in that shoppers would expect to see in order to feel comfortable submitting credit...

asked Oct 8 '11 at 05:15
Blank
Frank
16 points