Ecommerce Questions

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
Advice on starting a drop shipping business

I want to start a drop shipping online shop. The products can be anything that could be profitable. I'm thinking about stuff like: Latex clothing Toys for children Japanese electronics like...

asked Oct 2 '11 at 05:46
Blank
Herr K
292 points

3 Votes
2 Answers
2.4K Views
How to declare income when most/all your income comes from Paypal?

How do I declare my income if all of it comes from paypal ? Most accountants in Portugal (where I live and where this company will be based) don't know how it works... Do I declare it only when I...

asked Sep 24 '11 at 09:04
Blank
João Pinto Jerónimo
118 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.75K Views
price comparison business model

I would like to know how price comparison websites make money. Do use pay per click or other revenue models? Please be as detailed as possible and cite your sources. Thank you!

asked Sep 24 '11 at 15:40
Blank
Joao
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
3.22K Views
How to sell software through third-party distributors online

I'd like to sell a software program (that my startup developed) through third-party online sellers. Any tips about how to approach the other sellers and structure the transaction? Is the best way...

asked Sep 25 '11 at 00:29
Blank
User6492
1,747 points

1 Votes
6 Answers
16K Views
E-Commerce Website for Retail AND wholesale

I work for a clothing designer company (Kit + Lili) that has been in business for 5 years. We currently sell our product wholesale using a company called Groupe BDM and retail through Shopify. It...

asked Sep 15 '11 at 04:39
Blank
Erin Danahy
6 points

1 Votes
3 Answers
1.94K Views
What is the smoothest solution you've seen for small payments?

We have a site where visitors can pay 99 cents for a service. It would be cool if the user experience were similar to iTunes: the user clicks one button, doesn't have to type in credit card info,...

asked Sep 18 '11 at 02:18
Blank
Blueyellow
6 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.36K Views
How to analyse products to sell online to make the most profit?

As a developer myself, I've set up an e-commerce website in England and hired 2 people to help me package and invoice etc.. In terms of choosing the right and most profitable products to sell...

asked Sep 9 '11 at 02:37
Blank
Cem
108 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.27K Views
Approach Investor without business plan but you are building what he said he would invest in?

I was just watching some interview of an investor. I was shocked to hear when he described the idea he would invest in is very similar if not exact thing to what we are developing. He said send me...

asked Aug 27 '11 at 15:28
Blank
Gagan
150 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.01K Views
Building First Version of a Startup Website

So, I want to start an e-commerce startup. The problem is that I'm a designer (HTML, CSS, a little bit of Javascript, Photshop, Illustrator), not a programmer. So I can build a design from scratch,...

asked Sep 1 '11 at 06:29
Blank
Funguy
1 point

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.07K Views
Starting up an online book store

I want to start an on-line book store and exploring the options on hand. Till now, I have gathered the list of website hosts, budget of dedicated server machines(in case self hosted) and a list of...

asked Sep 1 '11 at 23:09
Blank
Pankaj Upadhyay
156 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
2.35K Views
How many users use Google, Yahoo, MSN and Outlook Calendars?

I'm working on a product and needs to check how many users are using web based calendars. Or how many users create calendar events per year. I need this to figure out the market size. I tried to...

asked Sep 2 '11 at 09:24
Blank
Gagan
150 points

4 Votes
3 Answers
2.15K Views
If your startups is in B2C space, then how to get feedback from users before building product?

We are in B2C space creating a product for consumers. I'm wondering how can we engage average users to get feedback? What would be our starting point? Thanks, Gagan

asked Aug 22 '11 at 11:44
Blank
Gagan
150 points

1 Votes
2 Answers
2.67K Views
Affiliate Marketing Sales Statistics

How do i go about forecasting sales for a new affiliate marketing / e-commerce website? Are there any relevant statistics for this industry available for free?

asked Aug 24 '11 at 22:06
Blank
Yoav.Aviram
108 points

0 Votes
2 Answers
6.24K Views
Legal requirements to start a ecommerce website in India

I would like to start a ecommerce website in India, could you please help me with the legal requirements and any guidance for this. My intent is to sell merchandise through internet. Do I need to...

asked Aug 27 '11 at 00:29
Blank
Raga
4 points

0 Votes
1 Answers
2.04K Views
how to find advisor for your startup

We are very early stage startup with protoype in the works. We need and advisor on raising financing, and marketing. Just wondering how do you go about finding someone and then ask them to be your...

asked Aug 27 '11 at 06:45
Blank
Gagan
150 points

4 Votes
1 Answers
2.13K Views
Foreigner opening online store in the USA

I'm from Europe, don't plan to move to the USA I will open an ONLINE store ONLY (no physical stores) Goods will be imported from Europe Shipping will be handled by the fulfillment company I am...

asked Aug 27 '11 at 09:04
Blank
Superbiz
21 points

0 Votes
3 Answers
2.22K Views
Do I need a Market segment?

When starting a On line Retail store that uses drop-shipping services, will I still need to choose a market segment? Or can I just market and sell to anyone all over the world. I mean the...

asked Aug 11 '11 at 03:42
Blank
I Scotts
152 points

4 Votes
5 Answers
2.39K Views
Starting an Online E-commerce business

Currently, I am working as a Web Developer and looking to start an online business in my spare time. My Project is to create an ecommerce website, initially in the UK, for the latest mens and...

asked Aug 13 '11 at 01:47
Blank
Awais
23 points

1 Votes
1 Answers
2.7K Views
Vendor's License E-commerce site

I am creating an ecommerce site that sells products all across the country. I am based in Ohio and so is the company. I want to know what vendor's licenses that I need to acquire to start selling...

asked Aug 14 '11 at 06:16
Blank
User889115
13 points

1 Votes
5 Answers
3.49K Views
competing with Amazon, how to, the smart approach

For a number of months I have been thinking how to create an e-commerce solution that competes with Amazon. I came up with an idea that is probably lame, but i'd like to understand why it will not...

asked Aug 5 '11 at 23:31
Blank
Somid3
195 points